Issues building a PC from scratch when playing on PS5 or just a bug in general?

Greetings all,

I've been enjoying this game quite a bit even though I don't know much when it comes to making PCs as I normally end up asking someone who is a lot smarter than me but I have no come across a bug that is making me wonder if it's a bug in general or only when playing on the PS5.

As the title says I was trying to build a PC from scratch, I got email from someone asking for a PC to show off slides, simple job really and I brought all the items required, however when I put the empty case onto a work bench and then try to start building it the game starts acting weird, it will allow me to take off the sides of the case and the psu cover but as soon as I try to add anything to the pc (even replace the covers) the game acts weird and won't let me put anything back onto it or even add any of the pieces I need to put in. It will even freeze up the d-pad and won't let me change options until I press circle to back out.

This an issue with the game or perhaps a PS5 issue?

EDIT: It would appear that quite a few cases in the game do not work correctly in career mode, after some testing at level 7 these are the cases are my findings.

CASES WITH ISSUES

SilverStone PS14 (Black + Window) - $40

SilverStone PS14 (Black) - $40

Antec DF500 - $60

NZXT S340 (Black) - $80

Raijintek Thetis - $80

Antec Dark Avenger DA601 - $85

NZXT S340 Elite (Black) - $100

MSI MPG Gungnir 100 - $130

Raijintek Asterion Plus - $140

Cooler Master MasterCase H500P - $150

Cooler Master COSMOS C700P - $300

CASES THAT WORK

Cooler Master MasterBox 5 (White) - $80

Antec PS20 Crystal - $100

In Win A1 (Black) - $200

NZXT S340 - Designed by Razwe - $200

Edited by Sylvanticore

One way I found to bypass this issue, was to, before starting to build on the brand new case, put it in the cupboard. (You'll need to buy one, of course. 2.500 I Think).

Put the brand new case into the cupboard and than take it out and place it on any available table you have. You should be able to build freely.
One thing to note: If the job asks for brand new parts, when you do this with the case, be sure to remove ALL case fans. For some reason, the game thinks the fans are considered used parts and the client won't give you 5 star for the job.

Another thing to note: If, after placing the case in the table, you decide to put it back in the cupboard, be caureful because you won't be able to remove the case fans anymore. (Weird glitch, I know)

8 hours ago, DeathlessVoid said:

Having this same problem. What case did you pick? I chose the really cheap $40 one. Was gonna try buying a new one to see if that fixed it but haven't done so yet.

Sorry for the late response, so I don't remember what it was that I used however I did some testing just now and this is what I have found out.

In these early cases I was unable to put any items into and stopped me from using any options.

SilverStone PS14 (Black + Window) - $40

SilverStone PS14 (Black) - $40

Antec DF500 - $60

NZXT S340 (Black) - $80

Raijintek Thetis - $80

Antec Dark Avenger DA601 - $85

NZXT S340 Elite (Black) - $100

MSI MPG Gungnir 100 - $130

Raijintek Asterion Plus - $140

Cooler Master MasterCase H500P - $150

Cooler Master COSMOS C700P - $300

So far at level 7 these are the only cases I have found that work for me.

Cooler Master MasterBox 5 (White) - $80

Antec PS20 Crystal - $100

In Win A1 (Black) - $200

NZXT S340 - Designed by Razwe - $200

The most annoying thing I found is that these cases work perfectly in free mode but for some unknown reason in career mode they won't work and lock you out of the d-pad until you move onto a customers computer or a case that works.

I will update the main post with this.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...