Ruined my 1337 milestone

GregoryHouse-M-D

One other thing to keep in mind is that milestones can easily be messed up by Sony or this site making changes to things.  There's a few people who got their milestones messed up when putting their profile onto their PS5.  There were also people who had planned their level milestones carefully for Sony to up and change the leveling system.

I'd just keep it as it is.  Some people don't even care about the milestones or joined the site after certain milestones and are forever stuck with awful stuff.  Or we screwed up in planning and ended up with something weird, like me and ending up with a trophy that is a crotch shot for my 3000th trophy.   Yours can't be much worse than my 1337 being from My Name is Mayo.  I don't know the game but from the quick look I took it already looks more respectable than mine is.

Something else to keep in mind is that hidden games will look far worse than a not so great milestone.  Are you okay with the potential that people may think you cheated a game or were hacked?  Even without that, having a hidden game makes any progress in things like completion look like less of an accomplishment.  A profile with no hidden games will always look better than a profile with hidden games even if some of the milestones aren't so great. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't.

No one even bothers looking at Milestones - for this exact reason.

They aren't useful information as to someone's actual playing habits or a reflection of their overall profile, as so many people specifically cheese them, engineering situations where they reflect pre-selected games/ trophies. As a result, they have been rendered completely meaningless.

On the other hand, the hidden 'H' is something everyone sees immediately and it is generally considered (rightly or wrongly - my vote is for wrongly, but regardless,) a bit of a black mark on a profile.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My 1337 milestone was replacing someone's heart with a radio. I guess it's fitting enough. lol But yea, I don't worry too much about milestones and stuff, I do like getting special platinums though for every 10 I do, but trophy milestones would be a bit more difficult really to get specific ones.

I don't even know what this number means, plus I wasn't aware of sites like that at the time. the only milestones I "planned" were #150, #200, and #400 platinums. even #100 didn't have time for that lol.

On 6/7/2021 at 5:49 AM, GregoryHouse-M-D said:

Accidentally got Make Some Music from Mean Greens. I'm thinking to just hide the game or something now, but it will take even more work to plan milestones with hidden games and I get the H stamp. Hide it and make it something else?

Did the same thing with a few milestones, I just hid them. I was not replacing my fastest platinum(FF7 OG) with some obscure game I mildly enjoyed for 2 hours. 

On 6/7/2021 at 7:30 AM, ladynadiad said:

Something else to keep in mind is that hidden games will look far worse than a not so great milestone.  Are you okay with the potential that people may think you cheated a game or were hacked?  Even without that, having a hidden game makes any progress in things like completion look like less of an accomplishment.  A profile with no hidden games will always look better than a profile with hidden games even if some of the milestones aren't so great. 

This mentality has got to stop, I know not everyone thinks this way, but I've hidden games since the beginning because I screwed up a few milestones. I've left a few because I don't like hiding if I at least enjoyed the game enough, but I like my milestones, and I try to plan at least a game, not necessarily an exact trophy(that's a lot of work to plan for a specific trophy) 

After looking at my profile to plan for 4000 and plat 50, I just realized my new fastest platinum is FF7 remake on ps5 because I uploaded and then downloaded my save data making it auto pop

I have no idea what to do... 

Im in the top 20 record holder for FF7 OG for fastest, and I have fond memories of that time... 

I'm so stupid... 

It's not like i worked for it on ps5... But would that take away the dlc as well? That I have yet to do

This is a nightmare to me when this stuff happens

I'm gonna have to hide it.

• 1 month later...