Questions about Chicken emblem and BBE

NightmarEnd

I don't know, what I did was messing around in Chapters 1 & 2 saving frequently. When I was over  32 or 33 hours or more, I went on and checked my playtime on my save files on PS3 xmb to make sure I could get the emblem.

You don't need to, but it makes the run easier to get/buy enough non-lethal ammo (mk22 and mosin nagant tranquilizer rounds, and V-ring), the mosin nagant rifle, 6 to 8 chaff grenades, the M82A2 sniper rifle, and the solar gun. The M82A2 for gekkos, the solar gun for bosses, the chaffs for a few sections on Act 4 & 5.

• Like 1

Hello. A few of my advice. Before BBE run; buy every type of 'emotional' ammo from Drebin. During BBE be economical on using non-lethal ammo. Especially in the first two acts, it is not possible to buy this type of ammunition during BBE anymore and even the 'tons' you bought before BBE will be reduced to just a few dozen to make the gameplay more difficult. You can find more, but often it's not on your way and time is running out... especially when you play BBE for the first time. You can use 'emotional' ammo instead of tranquilizers. However, 'emotional' ammo have their downsides and sometimes a soldier can see you. Even when he is amok or crying - sporadically but it happens. Solar Gun saved me during the bike chase. With AUTO AIM enabled, you can easily hit multiple enemies in one series of solar balls. Good luck!

Edited by Kessarath
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kessarath said:

Hello. A few of my advice. Before BBE run; buy every type of 'emotional' ammo from Drebin. During BBE be economical on using non-lethal ammo. Especially in the first two acts, it is not possible to buy this type of ammunition during BBE anymore and even the 'tons' you bought before BBE will be reduced to just a few dozen to make the gameplay more difficult. You can find more, but often it's not on your way and time is running out... especially when you play BBE for the first time. You can use 'emotional' ammo instead of tranquilizers. However, 'emotional' ammo have their downsides and sometimes a soldier can see you. Even when he is amok or crying - sporadically but it happens. Solar Gun saved me during the bike chase. With AUTO AIM enabled, you can easily hit multiple enemies in one series of solar balls. Good luck!

Thank you!

I'd like to go for BBE on my 3rd playthrough, after the casual run I just completed and after Chicken emblem. I'll make sure to buy some emotional ammo during my Chicken emblem run.

I'll follow Vash's videos on Youtube since he's good and many others recommend his BBE playlist.

ETA: since I just completed the game, can I go through the Missions Debriefings to collect items I need (FaceCamo, Camera, songs) and Flashbacks now? Will I have those when I start my new playthrough?

Edited by NightmarEnd

Yes, you can to collect items through the Missions Debriefings now.

My, quite fresh memory of my BBE, is that the solutions of others did not always come true. Yes, without YT guides of BBE I would be more frustrated, but several times I had to go a roundabout way because some soldier always saw me "through the wall".

The game has a lot of alternatives that work and make BBE a lot easier. You probably know some of them, but look at the one with Vamp and Solar Gun.

Edited by Kessarath
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kessarath said:

Yes, you can to collect items through the Missions Debriefings now.

My, quite fresh memory of my BBE, is that the solutions of others did not always come true. Yes, without YT guides of BBE I would be more frustrated, but several times I had to go a roundabout way because some soldier always saw me "through the wall".

The game has a lot of alternatives that work and make BBE a lot easier. You probably know some of them, but look at the one with Vamp and Solar Gun.

Being able to collect items now is a relief, thank you for letting me know. I'll go through Briefings now and collect everything.

Yeah, Vash did BBE on a new game (which is insane) and he didn't have the Solar Gun. But I do know that gun rocks, I'll certainly use it :D

Edited by NightmarEnd

• 6 months later...

Hello everyone. For who want to go for chicken emblem, i say it is the most annoying emblem in the game. it is just tremendously tedious. i quick tip i can suggest is that you don't need to find a quiet place to hide for 35 hours, you can just pause the game and tha's it. i did it in this way. For big boss run it isn't so hard that you may think. I mean it's not a walk in the park, but it is more scary then it really is. 5 hours are plenty of time (i did it in 2:36), non lethal ammo are more then enough (you can find 20 ammo near the start of every act), boss are easy with the rail-gun (usually a few hit and beast form is gone), for beauty just equip the masterkey in M4 custom withi non lethal bullet. Solar gun is overhiped in my opinion, only used against vamp and thats it. the only hard part is the end of chapter 3, where you escape with eva. just use pistol with auto-aim and smoke granades with the guys on turrets and hope for the best. oh and  i forgot to mantion the method with 1 smoke-3 stun granades against crying wolf is insane. just do this 2 times fast and beast form is gone very easy. My english isn't the best but i hope i can help someone who read it. 

• Like 1