Intermission DLC trophy Thoughts

Man I'd have to do materia grinding not only in the DLC (for the Bahamut, Ramuh and Pride and Joy 0.5 Gauntlet ) but also in the main game since the Weiss boss fight (which you acess in Chapter 17) pretty much demands that you have multiple Parry, Deadly Doge, and the ATB materias all levelled up for each of your 3 party members. I....ignored those materias in all my hours platting the main game so they're all sitting in rank 1 :facepalm:.  This 100% is gonna take a long while for me.

7 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

Man I'd have to do materia grinding not only in the DLC (for the Bahamut, Ramuh and Pride and Joy 0.5 Gauntlet ) but also in the main game since the Weiss boss fight (which you acess in Chapter 17) pretty much demands that you have multiple Parry, Deadly Doge, and the ATB materias all levelled up for each of your 3 party members. I....ignored those materias in all my hours platting the main game so they're all sitting in rank 1 :facepalm:.  This 100% is gonna take a long while for me.

Not true, I managed a Weiss clear without requiring all max materia, Cloud who was my player character had a max parry, Tifa only had one I purchased off Chadley quickly. I kind of made my own materia set up in the end, but looked at videos to see how to execute most damage on first stagger.

19 hours ago, DEMON said:

Not true, I managed a Weiss clear without requiring all max materia, Cloud who was my player character had a max parry, Tifa only had one I purchased off Chadley quickly. I kind of made my own materia set up in the end, but looked at videos to see how to execute most damage on first stagger.

Yeah, I overexaggerated with saying maxing all those materias out are necessary lol. After I looked up strat vids I managed to get Weiss to 25-30% ish HP in his first stagger. Just remembered why I loved playing Tifa so much the first time around since she is the damage queen. Aerith with Arcane Ward + Lustrous Shield + Thundaga also dealt a lot of damage. Cloud was just there as a Magnify Haste buffer and to keep Weiss in a CC Chain in Phase 2 by throwing some Thundagas as well.

I would say though that at least having the ATB materias maxed out would make the fight a lot easier:

- ATB Stagger, ATB Assist (so good with Tifa), ATB Bonus (ideally with Aerith so she can really squeeze out those Thundagas in Phase 2), Skill Master and First Strike (mainly for Cloud so he can cast Magnify Haste in the beginning of the fight, optional for Tifa if Concentration doesn't proc so she can Unbridled Strength immediately).

I was racking up ATB like crazy during his first stagger which is why I got so much out of his HP before his first Phase Shift.

Edited by PostGameBlues

• 1 month later...

Thoroughly enjoyable DLC list. It's a good trophy list too, good mix of campaign, mini games, boss battles (big spike in difficulty). For me, there were 3 clear points in the DLC that were difficult / annoying.

1. Final boss battle on Hard. This took a large number of tries. A post above siad something similar regarding I think I went into this with the wrong materia leveled up.

2. Shinra box challenge (50K trophy). Annoying more than anything. Took longer than the final boss battle mentioned above in terms of time.

3. Weiss. Difficult and annoying. Did this last night and I estimate this took about 3 hours to beat. The annoying part is that I hardly changed my strategy at all and ultiamtely got a good run and finished him off just as the second stagger phase was ending.

Took my time at around 20 hours.