When to pop the disc in the ps5?

I would assume you pop the disc in when the game has released and then find it in the store and download the PS5 version. I own the digital version of FF7 (PS4) and i can't pre download it yet so we will probbably have to wait until release.

16 minutes ago, RSmark84 said:

Not upgraded before, do I need to wait til the game is out. Then pop the ps4 disc in, selecting the current non existing upgrade option?

Or do I put the disc in and wait to be given the option?

When the disc is inserted, you press down on the d-pad to show the game info, select the 3 dots, and select either "upgrade" or go to the product page and it will be available there

Thanks lads. Sound like it might be wise to start it up now as I know there's a lot of data to transfer from the data disc.

I am still disappointed we don't know how much the upgrade will cost for the Yuffie DLC. SE told the world USA price but no one elses

9 minutes ago, RSmark84 said:

Thanks lads. Sound like it might be wise to start it up now as I know there's a lot of data to transfer from the data disc.

I am still disappointed we don't know how much the upgrade will cost for the Yuffie DLC. SE told the world USA price but no one elses

Will likely be 20 pounds in the UK, the digital version is the same price on both the US store and the UK store

9 hours ago, RSmark84 said:

It was announced a while ago that it was $20 USD, so for other territories, most likely 20*insert currency here* since companies suck with conversions these days.

9 hours ago, Vivis_apprentice said:

I think I saw something that you can preload game from the 8th

If you pre-ordered digitally, you can. If you're waiting to upgrade, you have to wait for release day (same goes for every upgrade).

Edited by ImAPirateSoSueMe

4 hours ago, RSmark84 said:

That's the annoying thing if it's $19.99 in USA It should be £14.13 in UK. So if it is £19.99 we pay alot more than you.

While the values will never be exact from region to region (because currency values always fluctuates), it's worth nothing that prices in the US (and in Canada for my case) DOES NOT include taxes. So, we actually pay that listed price + tax% (based on our region/state), while your £19.99 should be the final price.

Edited by DragonSpear2462

I autopopped the Marvel's Avengers Plat, and some people had issues as they didn't wait for the game to FULLY INSTALL.

So make sure FF7R (PS4) is fully installed and updated to the latest version, then upload your "Platinum Save" via the main menu.

Download the FF7R PS5 Upgrade AND WAIT FOR IT TO FULLY INSTALL! Not just to the point of "Data to start application". When the PS5 upgrade has fully installed, then and only then should you start up the game and download your "Platinum Save".

This seems to be the best way, and main method to autopop the Plat without any issues.

Hope this helps

14 minutes ago, smithylfc2008 said:

I autopopped the Marvel's Avengers Plat, and some people had issues as they didn't wait for the game to FULLY INSTALL.

So make sure FF7R (PS4) is fully installed and updated to the latest version, then upload your "Platinum Save" via the main menu.

Download the FF7R PS5 Upgrade AND WAIT FOR IT TO FULLY INSTALL! Not just to the point of "Data to start application". When the PS5 upgrade has fully installed, then and only then should you start up the game and download your "Platinum Save".

This seems to be the best way, and main method to autopop the Plat without any issues.

Hope this helps

FYI my FFVII PS5 just auto popped then, all trophies, and the game wasn’t fully installed. Just enough to launch the game. 

1 hour ago, Rowlmay said:

just wanna ask anyone here play PS5 disc copy FF7R? can i get autopop up trophies if I download my platinum ps4 data via PSN cloud?

your save data on the PS Plus cloud won't do anything.

You need to go to the ps4 game, have it updated to the latest version, use the save data upload feature in the game's menu and upload your save file, then go to the ps5 game and download the save data you uploaded in the previous step. 

Hi,

Quick question:

My platinum save is on my PS4 (at a different house). Do I send it to the cloud, install on PS5 and upgrade, then transfer the save from the cloud to PS5? Or is there a built in transfer when you load up the game?

do I need to upgrade or does the stack occur anyway?

cheers

4 minutes ago, xxSuikodeNxx said:

Hi,

Quick question:

My platinum save is on my PS4 (at a different house). Do I send it to the cloud, install on PS5 and upgrade, then transfer the save from the cloud to PS5? Or is there a built in transfer when you load up the game?

do I need to upgrade or does the stack occur anyway?

cheers

See my response below.  you need to upload the PS4 save from the game's menu itself (i.e. NOT PS Plus cloud save). Then open the PS5 game and there will be a feature to download your save from its menu.

If you can access the PS4 game on your PS5, just follow the above steps.

28 minutes ago, AMKrishnan said:

your save data on the PS Plus cloud won't do anything.

You need to go to the ps4 game, have it updated to the latest version, use the save data upload feature in the game's menu and upload your save file, then go to the ps5 game and download the save data you uploaded in the previous step. 

Edited by AMKrishnan

6 minutes ago, AMKrishnan said:

See my response below.  you need to upload the PS4 save from the game's menu itself (i.e. NOT PS Plus cloud save). Then open the PS5 game and there will be a feature to download your save from its menu.

If you can access the PS4 game on your PS5, just follow the above steps.

Ah ok, so I go to my ps4 and follow the instructions to upload save IN GAME, then go to my ps5, install and then follow the instructions IN GAME to download save. 

Then auto pop?

cheers

11 minutes ago, xxSuikodeNxx said:

Ah ok, so I go to my ps4 and follow the instructions to upload save IN GAME, then go to my ps5, install and then follow the instructions IN GAME to download save. 

Then auto pop?

cheers

Precisely. Update the PS4 game and a new feature to upload your save is available. Upgrade the game to the PS5 version and then follow the instructions in game. 

30 minutes ago, DE_LOS_BOSQUES said:

Is possible to load your save from PS4 in your PS5, then complete the trophies you missed in the old version, achieve the plat in PS5, and then autopop the plat in PS4?

I mean, does PS4 trophies autopop too? both directions? PS4--> PS5 and PS5-->PS4?

Thanks

I believe you can only transfer your PS4 -> PS5 and not the other way around.