Messiah Will Not Come trophy

Anyone found out a easy way to get this? I trough 7 stages with Potemkin, but i can't do anything to powered up Nagoriyuki. 

This boss like SNK bosses and for my opinon Potemkin just too slow for this OP, but for other enemies jump HS - crouch S very great.

The final boss spawns when you beat stage 8 boss on extreme difficulty to get him on extreme you need to beat every 7 stages before without losing any round it does not matter with which character you play just dont get knocked down once and dont lose any round. After that beat stage 8 boss on extreme and then you trigger stage 9 to meet the true final boss beat him to get the trophy.

• Like 2

On 09/06/2021 at 5:29 AM, Naruto_Senju92 said:

The final boss spawns when you beat stage 8 boss on extreme difficulty to get him on extreme you need to beat every 7 stages before without losing any round it does not matter with which character you play just dont get knocked down once and dont lose any round. After that beat stage 8 boss on extreme and then you trigger stage 9 to meet the true final boss beat him to get the trophy.

Just want to confirm, when I beat 7 stages without losing a round, if I lose a round on stage 8 Nagoriyuki boss fight, can I still able to trigger stage 9 second form boss fight?

Or actually all 8 stages have to win without losing a round?

I have some difficulty to fight stage 8 Nagoriyuki, his normal form's move was too op. I manage to deal with the 2nd form version but when it change back to normal form he was moving so fast. ?

I just tested this and you have to win both rounds on Stages 1-8. However, you can lose both rounds, select rematch and win both rounds. I lost a round against stage 5 May, lost the second match on purpose and rematched her. That still got me to Stage 9. 

• Like 4

On 6/11/2021 at 4:40 PM, Ramzamham said:

I just tested this and you have to win both rounds on Stages 1-8. However, you can lose both rounds, select rematch and win both rounds. I lost a round against stage 5 May, lost the second match on purpose and rematched her. That still got me to Stage 9. 

Confirmed this as well, thank you. May I ask what character you used to get to stage 9? Stage 8 is pretty intense by itself.

On 07/06/2021 at 9:34 PM, megavenom16 said:

Anyone found out a easy way to get this? I trough 7 stages with Potemkin, but i can't do anything to powered up Nagoriyuki. 

This boss like SNK bosses and for my opinon Potemkin just too slow for this OP, but for other enemies jump HS - crouch S very great.

yeah Potemkin was slow for it... but i found if you change character... you end up back at stage 1. Trophy is a pain. Nogiruyuki is a pain to fight no matter what...

I tried with my actual main Millia and had no luck, the AI doesn't care about her mixups lol 

I came pretty close several times with Sol but I ended up using the same strategy @Karhos posted with Anji:

It could have been faster with optimal combos of course, but I don't care too much about this character, just wanted to get the trophy out of the way.

Spending metter in roman cancels is easier and probably better than using overdrives, since you can still continue your pressure if he blocks and you can break the wall with them as well. Sometimes my overdrives wouldn't connect and I would eat a punish for it, so probably not worth the risk if you're not that confident with the inputs.

Also you can punish his tps if you're able to react quickly, I noticed if you stay just out of range of his slashes he usually teleports behind you right after it so you can just grab him.

I'm not sure if I'm gonna bother with the ps4 stack, definitely not looking forward to repeat this. For  now I just wanna keep labbing with my main Millia and play ranked matches, the game is so much fun :D 

I beat this with Potemkin. I tried for hours with may (since its pretty easy to not lose a round leading up to boss with her) and couldnt do it so i switched to potemkin. The strats i used were the pause unpause technique (keep spamming pause unpause until you see him dash). As soon as he ends his teleport dash, regular throw him. Make sure its spaced properly or your throw will whiff. If he dashes a little too far from you... just continue to block until his dash lands right in front or behind he within throw range. After the throw... time your jump and jump towards him as he is getting up. Just as he stands he will try to anti air attack you. At this moment do another jump in the air  to place toyr self directly above his head and his attack will whiff under you and you can empty jump land and potemkin buster him. Rinse and repeat. If he stays in corner.... keep him there. Do not combo or leave him out of corner. If he does get out of the corner... just repeat the pause unpause method to get the regular throw again. Then double jump over his head again as stated earlier and empty fall potemkin buster. 

As stated above.. u cannot switch characters so you will have to use potemkin from the start. I can also confirm that if you lose a round... u have to loae on purpose and retry. I lost a round on stage 8 so i died on purpose. As long as you beat fight again without losing a round... you will still maintain the extreme rating and move onto stage 9. I cannot confirm that this will work if you lose against same opponent more than once. Just use the pause unpause method for stage 8 and its pretty easy.

Note...Do not attempt to potemkin buster his dash. His dash is too fast and can be tricky to which side he appears on so play it safe with a regular throw. Then do the double jump empty fall pot buster. Repeat. 

I hope this will help for you.

Edited by IvoryRose88

On 6/7/2021 at 11:34 PM, megavenom16 said:

Its definately doable with Potemkin if you use my strategy above. I hope this works for you and good luck. This is the trophy that determines if people get the platinum or not.

Also for people grinding out $100,000. You get $500 for each level you increase so its faster to use characters ubtil they reach level 20 then switch to another one. Even if you lose...its still faster then winning with a higher level charcter. Wins from 1 increases your level to 4 or 5 with one victory.

Edited by IvoryRose88

16 hours ago, IvoryRose88 said:

Its definately doable with Potemkin if you use my strategy above. I hope this works for you and good luck. This is the trophy that determines if people get the platinum or not.

Also for people grinding out $100,000. You get $500 for each level you increase so its faster to use characters ubtil they reach level 20 then switch to another one. Even if you lose...its still faster then winning with a higher level charcter. Wins from 1 increases your level to 4 or 5 with one victory.

haha wanna kill him for me?  ?

22 hours ago, Copanele said:

I will contribute with a Sol strategy. Not 100% foolproof "best" strategy, but it works if you are stubborn xD It basically revolves around dashing and throwing Nago around.

• After Nago finishes his blood explosion, dash and grab throw him.
  • wait half a second, then dash and grab again.
  • after 4 grabs he will be in a stunned state. If you are near the wall and without meter do a Fafnir then any other attack to wall break him. Wall breaks will help you.
  • Otherwise to a Tyrant Rave.
  • Dash and repeat.
  • IF NAGO COUNTERS YOU (and he will), do not panic, double jump and do a Bandit Bringer mid-air. If you knock him down, try to grab him again.

Yes I know, as said, it's not THE BEST tactic, but it is an alternative. The Anji method is way better but my god...I so hate that character xD Pettiness and all that jazz.

damn. ps4. can't shareplay to ps5. 

i tried again yesterday for a bit. Couldn't beat stage 8. oh well. 

1 minute ago, Infected Elite said:

damn. ps4. can't shareplay to ps5. 

i tried again yesterday for a bit. Couldn't beat stage 8. oh well. 

I wouldn't have shareplayed this one either way xD 

For stage 8, start with a vortex (⬇️↙️⬅️ and Triangle) followed by a Bandit Revolver. Then just double jump and Bandit Bringer his ass to oblivion, since on stage 8 Nago just flails his sword like a dumbass if you double jump. Most of the time at least.

As Potemkin, I think block then Hammer Fall for life. That's how Potemkin worked in every Guilty Gear game xD Megafist ain't as reliable.

16 minutes ago, Copanele said:

For stage 8, start with a vortex (2b07.png2199.png2b05.png and Triangle) followed by a Bandit Revolver. Then just double jump and Bandit Bringer his ass to oblivion, since on stage 8 Nago just flails his sword like a dumbass if you double jump. Most of the time at least.

As Potemkin, I think block then Hammer Fall for life. That's how Potemkin worked in every Guilty Gear game xD Megafist ain't as reliable.

ill give it a run soon, maybe weekend. Potemkin wrecks everyone but his speed is horrendous. 

Ultimately i could mercy myself by getting to 8, and just not even turning off console or stopping, until i hit 9, ans then win. Even if it took 2hrs or 2 days lmao... 

also i never once hit potemkins overdrive. i think he dives too far fwd. ?

55 minutes ago, Copanele said:

For stage 8, start with a vortex (2b07.png2199.png2b05.png and Triangle) followed by a Bandit Revolver. Then just double jump and Bandit Bringer his ass to oblivion, since on stage 8 Nago just flails his sword like a dumbass if you double jump. Most of the time at least.

Trust me on this one - this guy woun't be sittin AFK, w8ing for you to slam in to him
No to mention, Hammerfall is -8 on block AND he loves to do his two-slam pseudo-DP thing when ya're close, so 1 hit of armor ain't gonna cut it

And since it's kinda hard too basic grab loop him, I used buster version - if ya corner him and get a Pot Buster, ya can followup it with 6K (tackle) , which resets him for another meaty buster, 
Bit hard to time, ya may eat a DP, but since Nago is usialy too polite to mash on wake up, it's doable.

To lazy to upload it on Youtube, so there ya go

• Like 1

I spammed throw over and over again with Sol on Nago's wake-up. You have to time your throw so it lands the moment Nago has gotten up from his wake-up animation. A moment too soon, you whiff. A moment too late, you get countered. This is by no means a consistent method but after trying and struggling with Potemkin on Stage 8 let alone even making it to Stage 9 I just needed a character with a dash and who i'm familiar with in case I need to change my strategy mid fight.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

I spammed throw over and over again with Sol on Nago's wake-up. You have to time your throw so it lands the moment Nago has gotten up from his wake-up animation. A moment too soon, you whiff. A moment too late, you get countered. This is by no means a consistent method but after trying and struggling with Potemkin on Stage 8 let alone even making it to Stage 9 I just needed a character with a dash and who i'm familiar with in case I need to change my strategy mid fight.

im using that fat kunt Potemkin. 

cant even beat Ky stage 5 now. ready to give up.

cant even get Sols dash down, idfk why. fuck this game. 

Edited by Infected Elite

3 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

im using that fat kunt Potemkin. 

cant even beat Ky stage 5 now. ready to give up.

cant even get Sols dash down, idfk why. fuck this game. 

I won't accept this slander of my boy Potemkin ?.

In all seriousness, don't use Potemkin! He is awful against stage 8/stage 9 Nagoriyuki because he can't dash. Pick someone you're comfortable with who has a dash. You can dash earlier then you think after a throw, it takes some getting used to but eventually you get the muscle memory down.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

I won't accept this slander of my boy Potemkin 1f605.png.

In all seriousness, don't use Potemkin! He is awful against stage 8/stage 9 Nagoriyuki because he can't dash. Pick someone you're comfortable with who has a dash. You can dash earlier then you think after a throw, it takes some getting used to but eventually you get the muscle memory down.

yeah i lost enough.  4win. 11 loss. started over as Guy. never lost but used grab technique. beat it but was relegated to Normal mode. Even then Nogi was kind of a pain, less intense obviously, but it was easier grabbing. but you gotta be right beside them basically. 

well ill keep playing arcade. see what i can muster up..

9 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

yeah i lost enough.  4win. 11 loss. started over as Guy. never lost but used grab technique. beat it but was relegated to Normal mode. Even then Nogi was kind of a pain, less intense obviously, but it was easier grabbing. but you gotta be right beside them basically. 

well ill keep playing arcade. see what i can muster up..

How come it downgraded the difficulty to normal? You are saying you didn't lose a round or didn't lose a match? Just trying to get a better understanding of the situation to try to help.

9 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

How come it downgraded the difficulty to normal? You are saying you didn't lose a round or didn't lose a match? Just trying to get a better understanding of the situation to try to help.

what happened was i hadn't lost a round. Stage 1 was on Hard. Extreme was 2 up to stage 5. Ky Kiske. he kicked my ass, as i was playing Pot. i gave up as i rematched to him 11 times..... When i tried again i went from extreme to normal idk why. Maybe cause i quit to main menu? to change character. Then i was in Normal as Sol and never lost a round. So not sure how itll start next time but i know extreme is just keep on winning undefeated. Lose a round = throw the match = reset.

it really does suck you have to start from stage 1 when you pick or change char. not.many fighting games do that to my knowledge unless its a character specific thing. It may be here due to the rivals thing. ie: Potemkin/Leo