Messiah Will Not Come trophy

3 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

what happened was i hadn't lost a round. Stage 1 was on Hard. Extreme was 2 up to stage 5. Ky Kiske. he kicked my ass, as i was playing Pot. i gave up as i rematched to him 11 times..... When i tried again i went from extreme to normal idk why. Maybe cause i quit to main menu? to change character. Then i was in Normal as Sol and never lost a round. So not sure how itll start next time but i know extreme is just keep on winning undefeated. Lose a round = throw the match = reset.

it really does suck you have to start from stage 1 when you pick or change char. not.many fighting games do that to my knowledge unless its a character specific thing. It may be here due to the rivals thing. ie: Potemkin/Leo

Yeah it sure sounds like the character select is what buggered you there. I remember switching from Potemkin to Sol after I just couldn't beat stage 8 and it restarted the whole arcade run for me in the process. I would wager you're right that it relates to the rival dialogue that occurs between characters in certain stages as the reason for it restarting an Arcade run when switching characters. I remember Street Fighter IV/ Super Street Fighter IV allowed you to switch character during the rival battle itself and it allowed you to do the rival fight with another character, shame it doesn't work the same in Guilty Gear Strive.

Anyways, as you and others mentioned just throw in the towel when you lose 1 round so you can then hit rematch and go for the two consecutive round wins without any losses to keep your streak of extreme battles going until stage 9.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Yeah it sure sounds like the character select is what buggered you there. I remember switching from Potemkin to Sol after I just couldn't beat stage 8 and it restarted the whole arcade run for me in the process. I would wager you're right that it relates to the rival dialogue that occurs between characters in certain stages as the reason for it restarting an Arcade run when switching characters. I remember Street Fighter IV/ Super Street Fighter IV allowed you to switch character during the rival battle itself and it allowed you to do the rival fight with another character, shame it doesn't work the same in Guilty Gear Strive.

Anyways, as you and others mentioned just throw in the towel when you lose 1 round so you can then hit rematch and go for the two consecutive round wins without any losses to keep your streak of extreme battles going until stage 9.

so far in a handful of minutes, maybe 5, im already stage 4 extreme using throw and Sol.

i mapped dash to L1 as well. its easier to hold L1 and just mash right + r1, for me. than to dbl tap as sometimes dash doesnt register idk. 

But yeah, i let it idle in training mode for 30 while i took a breather..

i only have Messiah and the money grind to finish so hoping to get Messiah done as its the more annoying imo... i can play online for fun after till plat.... hopefully 

4 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

I spammed throw over and over again with Sol on Nago's wake-up. You have to time your throw so it lands the moment Nago has gotten up from his wake-up animation. A moment too soon, you whiff. A moment too late, you get countered. This is by no means a consistent method but after trying and struggling with Potemkin on Stage 8 let alone even making it to Stage 9 I just needed a character with a dash and who i'm familiar with in case I need to change my strategy mid fight.

what was your overall losses ?

On 6/15/2021 at 4:40 AM, Copanele said:

I will contribute with a Sol strategy. Not 100% foolproof "best" strategy, but it works if you are stubborn xD It basically revolves around dashing and throwing Nago around.

• After Nago finishes his blood explosion, dash and grab throw him.
  • wait half a second, then dash and grab again.
  • after 4 grabs he will be in a stunned state. If you are near the wall and without meter do a Fafnir then any other attack to wall break him. Wall breaks will help you.
  • Otherwise to a Tyrant Rave.
  • Dash and repeat.
  • IF NAGO COUNTERS YOU (and he will), do not panic, double jump and do a Bandit Bringer mid-air. If you knock him down, try to grab him again.

Yes I know, as said, it's not THE BEST tactic, but it is an alternative. The Anji method is way better but my god...I so hate that character xD Pettiness and all that jazz.

Sol grab loop FTW!!!!! Appreciate the video my man. Tried it with Potemkin first and couldn't get it done. Got it with this strat though dood

• Like 1

Just now, Wdjat Prinny Doods said:

Sol grab loop FTW!!!!! Appreciate the video my man. Tried it with Potemkin first and couldn't get it done. Got it with this strat though dood

Glad it worked! Once again, it's proven that Sol is a grappler ?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This is the 1st boss in a fight game that made me do Rage quit several time.

Giovana was my main in doing this. HS + Trovão. Just keep spaming this for every character. Massive damage and they don't understand what you are doing. Only Leo avoided a few times.

This seems to work also with the special boss but not all the time.

On 15/06/2021 at 6:40 PM, Copanele said:

I will contribute with a Sol strategy. Not 100% foolproof "best" strategy, but it works if you are stubborn xD It basically revolves around dashing and throwing Nago around.

• after 4 grabs he will be in a stunned state. If you are near the wall and without meter do a Fafnir then any other attack to wall break him. Wall breaks will help you.
  • Dash and repeat.
  • IF NAGO COUNTERS YOU (and he will), do not panic, double jump and do a Bandit Bringer mid-air. If you knock him down, try to grab him again.

Yes I know, as said, it's not THE BEST tactic, but it is an alternative. The Anji method is way better but my god...I so hate that character xD Pettiness and all that jazz.

Thank you so much I finally got the platinum trophy thanks to this strategy.

Aside from normal throws, I find that you can also use this same method but execute with Wild Throw, and it still works. The tricky part is really just get the timing right, as a split second too early you get punished, a split second too late you'll also get punished, and the my gosh he hits like a truck.

Nagoriyuki alone made this game's trophy list a 6/10 in terms of difficulty. If "Messiah will not come" does not exist then GG Strive is no higher than a 2/10.

Edited by deldoomgun
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, deldoomgun said:

Thank you so much I finally got the platinum trophy thanks to this strategy.

Aside from normal throws, I find that you can also use this same method but execute with Wild Throw, and it still works. The tricky part is really just get the timing right, as a split second too early you get punished, a split second too late you'll also get punished, and the my gosh he hits like a truck.

Nagoriyuki alone made this game's trophy list a 6/10 in terms of difficulty. If "Messiah will not come" does not exist then GG Strive is no higher than a 2/10.

i been playing 5 hours now .. this is a bullshit trophy!!!! :(

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my attempt, cheesing with Potemkin.

I kinda followed some aforementioned methods with a few adjustments as needed.

Start off with free Pot Buster. Then get in range for Nago to teleport to you. Throw him when he does teleport. Then you can get him into a loop by double jumping towards him and landing behind him. The second jump needs to be timed in a way that causes Nago to attack you but will miss you most of the time.

When you push Nago far enough to the corner, it's up to you whether you want to continue looping regular throws or you can also Pot Buster him when he is stunned and follow it up into a wall break which does quite a bit more damage than just regular throws. Of course after breaking the wall, you have to start the throw loop from scratch.

Just to add, about 20 of my 41 losses were to stage 9 Nago. I started off with a passive approach which I kept failing at. I switched to the above approach and managed to defeat him in about 6 attempts.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/06/2021 at 9:40 AM, Copanele said:

• Dash and repeat.

What's the secret to being able to grapple him 4 times in a row like that almost every time? He always counters me on the second or third one and after that I'm pretty much almost dead. It's probably only 10% of the time I am able to get 4 grapples off against him. I did this same tactic on stage 8 and it worked great on there... but stage 9 it's impossible for me.

I'm 3 hours in and pushing 100 losses. These kind of trophies remind me that going for platinums sometimes isn't worth the stress involved :D

2 minutes ago, Morphiar said:

What's the secret to being able to grapple him 4 times in a row like that almost every time? He always counters me on the second or third one and after that I'm pretty much almost dead. It's probably only 10% of the time I am able to get 4 grapples off against him. I did this same tactic on stage 8 and it worked great on there... but stage 9 it's impossible for me.

I'm 3 hours in and pushing 100 losses. These kind of trophies remind me that going for platinums sometimes isn't worth the stress involved :D

You have to time the throw the moment he fully wakes up. He will either do nothing, do a heavy slash (and then your throw has priority) or he does his uppercut kind of attack with his sword, which unfortunately I have no idea how to counter. If he uppercuts you, try double jumping and nail him with a bandit bringer if you play as Sol.

It's not the best tactic, but once you learn the timing of the throw your chances of winning increase.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

You have to time the throw the moment he fully wakes up. He will either do nothing, do a heavy slash (and then your throw has priority) or he does his uppercut kind of attack with his sword, which unfortunately I have no idea how to counter. If he uppercuts you, try double jumping and nail him with a bandit bringer if you play as Sol.

It's not the best tactic, but once you learn the timing of the throw your chances of winning increase.

Thanks. I got the timing of the throw down now.

Issue is he counters with the uppercut almost all the time, and after this does a crazy combo that takes pretty much 70% of my health. This uppercut counter is basically stopping me from killing him... I am just constantly retrying hoping I get some kind of good RNG where he doesn't do the uppercut.

I am using Sol, the bandit bringer works sometimes but mostly he just hits me first when I'm doing that with one of his long range sword attacks that take half your health.

EDIT: I finally did it. Took me a lot longer than I would have liked. Quite proud to have actually done it as at first glance I thought I'd never be able to. Used the Sol tactic that Copanele used in the video. Thanks a lot :D

Edited by Morphiar
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got it using Copanele's ground based throw strategy. I tried the jumping strategy from the trophy guide, but he would randomly catch me with an anti-air. After about 45ish attempts, I switched to the ground one, and got it after about 9 more attempts. Dang ol' Guilty Gear superbosses.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone, I just did this again with Sol Badguy using an alternate strategy I learned from watching a Japanese YouTube video. I copied that person's tactics and I think this is much easier to consistently pull off compared to repeat throwing method. It's basically spamming Bandit Bringer when you are above Nagoriyuki (you need to be high enough in the air to be outside the range of his upper cut attack while you perform the Bandit Bringer) rinse and repeat, when he gets dizzy do Tyrant Rave for larger damage. The only thing that's not as great about this method is Bandit Bringer doesn't deal as much damage as throws and the battle can drag on for a long time because of this.

Nonetheless, if you are having trouble doing the throw tactics, here is something else you can consider:

Edited by deldoomgun
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

First let me apologize for the language and i dont mean to be rude to anyone. This reply is just my frustration speaking and i need to get it out of myself after trying this fucking boss for a total of 5 hours. Including a 3 hour marathon with 80 losses. But this is not what cheesing a boss means so fuck of with that bullshit. I cheesed King doran recently in Demon souls because that boss was so fucking hard on NGplus and i didnt defeat him in NG. You just trick him into a corner and then spam attack while he does nothing. Anyone can do it. But these methods arent consistent enough that im reading about. Ive tried grabbing him but doesnt work. Most of the time my character cant grab him but it seems to go through him somehow. Maye the timing is super specific, like alot of the things with this game is with its controls. 

I then tried the Solbadguy and bandit bringer. Now this kinda worked. Sometimes. But again its so inconsistent. Sometimes he counters. He sometimes go into an all out block mode. Also always he moves behind me. And unlike the video 2 posts above, when he is behind me and i try to do a bandit ringer, it doesn't work, instead he does another move where he just moves sideways in the air. I dont know how this guy can make this bandit bringer attack when the boss decides to go behind you. I managed to beat him a couple of times in the first round but always lost the second. And that's a big part of the problem with this that you have to win both rounds so then i have to lose the last one. And yes i am on stage 8. Im not even on stage 9 yet. But i cant even go past stage 9 so what hope do i even have with the last one. Im on the brink of just giving up. 

And yes then theres the last option with Anji. But  i havent even gotten that far with him. I suck at using him and couldnt even get past the second round. Ive tried using the same strategy that people recommend for the final boss on earlier fights but it doesnt seem to work since i can get hit even while making the spinning move. 

This is the closest ive gotten i think. And yes im a noob. I dont play much fighting games and never played a guilty gear game before so there's that and im not to comfortable with the control inputs. They are very specific and hard to pull of at times i think. Ive only really played all those crappy Bandai fighting games alongside watching the anime they are based of. But yeah again one of my problems is when he moves behind me and unlike the video above, i cant do the bandit bringer when he goes behind but rather some move that just takes me sideways. Sometimes he just randomly counters. And sometimes his sword seems to reach even when i double jump. 

• 1 month later...

(Subtitles to explain what's happening in the video, as well as detailed description!)

I followed a lot of what was said here, and in the guides, and watching different Sol Cheese videos. This was my outcome. I did the double jump to grab strategy, as it worked for me most consistently. The dash grab timing wasn't working for me. Basically I did 4 grabs into the wall, and once he got stunned, I tried to dash toward to get enough tension to sneak in a Tyrant Rave wall break, which didn't happen in the video I made, but IT'S POSSIBLE... Then just continued the double jump grabs. Any time he is stunned, I tried to Tyrant Rave wall break, it does 3-4 grabs worth of damage, and can speed things up quite a bit. That's 3-4 less chances of getting clipped out of a jump... Once he is in the orange, (even slightly before, if his HP is close to the burst meter) substitute dash grabs for the double jumps, as he will wait and sometimes clip you with his attacks, and it's more consistent to dash grab at this point. You can also more aggressively dash grab after certain attacks that wouldn't work before he changes tactics.

Technically nothing new here, but sharing in case someone has similar problems with other strategies that might help idk. Good luck, this fight is BS lol. (now to try again on PS5 version sometime...)

Edited by Banananaki
  • Like 1