Messiah Will Not Come trophy

Success. Took me a couple of hours and was on the fence to try Potemkin. But eventually succeeded using Giovanna’s double jump into throw. 

The vid shows 3 battles. A win in stage 8, first a loss in stage 9 and eventually the win in stage 9. 

• 2 months later...

I've seen plenty of videos and strategies, gave it about 150 tries and that's it, I give up. I hate giving up on hard trophies but this is just not fun for me anymore. I'd like to congratulate all who manage to do it and to give a meter long middle finger to the dudes who made the guide and rated this game a 4/10 and 5/10 difficulty, I have my fair share of completions and for non fighting game players this is about a 9.5/10 difficulty trophy

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Miojo666 said:

I've seen plenty of videos and strategies, gave it about 150 tries and that's it, I give up. I hate giving up on hard trophies but this is just not fun for me anymore. I'd like to congratulate all who manage to do it and to give a meter long middle finger to the dudes who made the guide and rated this game a 4/10 and 5/10 difficulty, I have my fair share of completions and for non fighting game players this is about a 9.5/10 difficulty trophy

I'll be first to advocate if your're not having fun anymore then move on but I won't on this occasion ?

Take a break. Come back with a cool head and try again later. 

• Like 1

On 10/04/2023 at 5:07 AM, FreshFromThaDeli said:

I'll be first to advocate if your're not having fun anymore then move on but I won't on this occasion 1f605.png

Take a break. Come back with a cool head and try again later. 

Thanks for the words of incentive. I was not able to just give this up haha, specially because I had started the game on xbox as well and a two for one ""platinum"" would become a two for one defeat. I just now managed to do it on playstation with Potemkin's throw loop, had managed it last night on xbox. :dance:

Still heavily disagree with the trophy's guide dificulty score haha

Edited by Miojo666
  • Like 1

On 13/04/2023 at 5:21 PM, Miojo666 said:

Thanks for the words of incentive. I was not able to just give this up haha, specially because I had started the game on xbox as well and a two for one ""platinum"" would become a two for one defeat. I just now managed to do it on playstation with Potemkin's throw loop, had managed it last night on xbox. :dance:

Still heavily disagree with the trophy's guide dificulty score haha

Congratulations ? ? 

Good perseverance. Enjoy your new shiny Plat ? 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

When you play as Bridget(or Sin Kiske) you are fighting against Ky Kiske instead of Nago. Asuka R fights another Asuka R, dunno about the others.

Took me an hour for stage 8 Ky and another hour for stage 9 Ky Dragon edition. A 100 losses or so in total, i stopped paying attention at some point. I tried something more fancy, but I am not a great player and got tired at the end so everything basically boiled down to 5S, 5HS, 5HS into yo-yo spam. He is also weak to aerial dash-ins.

I really hate this bullshit boss design in fighing games. Lets make an enemy that has thrice the health, hits like a truck and confirms into a super from any touch. Sounds like a fun challenge.

• 4 months later...
On 12/9/2023 at 4:21 AM, Startyde said:

So yeah, Elphelt is easy mode for Messiah. You basically just Lollipop chain and spam triangle. 

I was even lazier and remote played on a PS4 so I could turbo triangle. 

Merry Christmas!

THANK YOU SIR! after two years I finally have the platinum.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2023 at 2:21 AM, Startyde said:

So yeah, Elphelt is easy mode for Messiah. You basically just Lollipop chain and spam triangle. 

Merry Christmas!

Yet another waste of my time and money. I must really suck at this game cause I have yet to even get past Stage 8 let alone Stage 9. Even with this super easy strat Faust just pummels me into the ground by hurling shit from the sky. It seems to be complete RNG how agressive he wants to be.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Newtbludger12357 said:

Yet another waste of my time and money. I must really suck at this game cause I have yet to even get past Stage 8 let alone Stage 9. Even with this super easy strat Faust just pummels me into the ground by hurling shit from the sky. It seems to be complete RNG how agressive he wants to be.

Dont give up my friend. As you can see in the vid he trashed me round one. If youre hit away just run back and spam again. Eventually the cpu just resigns to their fate lol. 

Edited by Startyde

23 hours ago, Newtbludger12357 said:

You can do it man, I literally got the trophy again on the PS5 version yesterday on my second try, for reference it took me 15 tries on the PS4 way less than my 200+ tries with Sol/Anji the first time. Elphelt is brain dead.

A pointer that can help out with using Elphelt, sometimes the boss will use a Deflect Shield (Orange/Red bubble). When it happens instead of continuing the chain, use the shotgun blast (O) to create distance or Faust will likely punish with a combo potentially leaving a meteor storm or bomb making it impossible to continue to lock him down.

For Elphelt you need to start the combo before the "Let's Rock" is gone.  You can't do it too early, so the timing is pretty annoying.  I have a turbo controller on the Xbox and turned on left d-pad and Y and manually tapped down d-pad to start the combo.  Got through the whole thing with only about 5 total retries.  Starting the combo ASAP is key in the later stages.

• 3 months later...
On 12/9/2023 at 7:21 AM, Startyde said:

Merry Christmas!

After trying the grab method for ~70-90 runs (I beat stage 8 and I managed to kill the stage 9 like 4 times, but never two rounds in a match), I saw this post. Did I spend £6 to get a platinum? Yes, yes I did. Thank you so much! I literally just put my Triangle in turbo mode, beat all levels with the spam 1st try, and the last boss took me 3 tries.

I don't feel too bad. I knew I could get it eventually, I just didn't want to wait for the RNG to align perfectly and the loop not breaking after a few successful attempts. I found ways to make it more consistent (small jump in the middle with a big 2nd jump, 2 quick jumps, 1 high jump, etc), but eventually the timing was sooo tight he would sometimes react differntly and break out of it.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2024 at 4:21 AM, AleHitti said:

After trying the grab method for ~70-90 runs (I beat stage 8 and I managed to kill the stage 9 like 4 times, but never two rounds in a match), I saw this post. Did I spend £6 to get a platinum? Yes, yes I did. Thank you so much! I literally just put my Triangle in turbo mode, beat all levels with the spam 1st try, and the last boss took me 3 tries.

I don't feel too bad. I knew I could get it eventually, I just didn't want to wait for the RNG to align perfectly and the loop not breaking after a few successful attempts. I found ways to make it more consistent (small jump in the middle with a big 2nd jump, 2 quick jumps, 1 high jump, etc), but eventually the timing was sooo tight he would sometimes react differntly and break out of it.

Play smarter not harder I always say, nothing to feel bad about. Grats on getting this off your to do list.