Wish I never started this

Found it on my download list (must have paid for it in the past, but honestly don't remember buying it) I'm following a guide but it's just so boring, pretty much 2-3 minutes for each crossword and in total it has over 300, I just know the time will drag and honestly it's not exactly an impressive plat to have

wish I never downloaded it in the first place, I might just do a couple of categories each day so it's less boring

this type of game is not ideal for a ps4-5, but it should be more fun if it weren't for the need for a guide. I know 99% of the people who play this are exclusively aiming for the platinum trophy, and therefore they will make this process easier by any means, but it sure makes the process more boring albeit faster.

1 hour ago, LukeTheGooner said:

I just know the time will drag and honestly it's not exactly an impressive plat to have

Ahh yes, I remember someone commenting that this was one of the only games in this series that couldn’t be platniumed pretty quickly. (Hence why the Platinum rank is around 50% probably-so IMO, it’s not an entirely un-impressive Platinum either). 

I agree with @DrBloodmoney and @kevao97 though, I think you’d be less bored if you stopped using the guide. Unless you just loathe word searches, that is. 

@adam1984123 Good idea, could also be fun with an older relative IMO! 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y

3 minutes ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

Ahh yes, I remember someone commenting that this was one of the only games in this series that couldn’t be platniumed pretty quickly. (Hence why the Platinum rank is around 50% probably-so IMO, it’s not an entirely un-impressive Platinum either). 

I agree with @DrBloodmoney and @kevao97 though, I think you’d be less bored if you stopped using the guide. Unless you just loathe word searches, that is. 

I should add - to the OP - I wasn't trying to be edgy or derivative - I totally understand the temptation to try to just guide-style your way through the game if you're not having fun, simply because it's faster, but the problem with that it, that means it will remain boring for the duration.

Playing as intended, you might end up coming to quite like the game - it can happen sometimes!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

Yeah it takes a long time. I think it took me over a month to get the Platinum just because I’d probably do 1-5 puzzles a day. After that it just gets boring and you really cba so I usually left it to do it after a gaming session and then get off. Best way to go about it. Don’t bore yourself out to death. It only takes a couple mins to do two of them so do it like how I did and leave it until you’ve actually finished gaming. Think of this game as a chore you need to complete after everything else and you’ll be done hopefully soon

Edited by ShahinMiah

I guess I’m the only one who enjoys word searches. I bought this game to play at work on my vita and did just that during my breaks.

Not sure how it works on console, but it’s still a very nice casual experience, really wish they added more difficult word searches though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

This one requires to have all the puzzles done and with word search you still need to fill out the grid, which can take a bit. The rest doesn't require that and is more focused on completing certain puzzles. Which the guide tells and therefore those Plats are very fast. 

I won't call it an impressive Plat though. Its just grind, you have to either like word search or have the patience to go through this grind. 

In my opinion, Word search is the shittiest magazine puzzle ever as it requires almost no skill of figuring out. In the end every dummy can finish a word search, but not everyone can finish a Swedish puzzle or a sudoku. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LukeTheGooner said:

Found it on my download list (must have paid for it in the past, but honestly don't remember buying it) I'm following a guide but it's just so boring, pretty much 2-3 minutes for each crossword and in total it has over 300, I just know the time will drag and honestly it's not exactly an impressive plat to have

wish I never downloaded it in the first place, I might just do a couple of categories each day so it's less boring

I agree with you. I play it without a guide, that would be too boring for me. I will definitely only platinum the Vita version, I won't invest that much time with my PS 4 version. With the Vita, always a little progress on vacation or when I'm on a trip, I'll manage that, maybe next year or 2023 I'll have the Platinum for this game.

• Like 1

I've got a nice little system going right now, I'm doing some wordsearches on my ps4 and also have my ps3 on with fifa 09 playing a be a pro match in the background, I have it set to 20 minutes each half (my alexa is on a 20 minute timer) because I need 50 hours of game time total (3000 minutes) to get the plat https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/72-fifa-09

The plat for fifa 09 is getting me through it tbh :)

3 hours ago, LukeTheGooner said:

what is this? and don't say a puzzle from sweden ;)

A puzzle from sweden ?

Seems like only the dutch call these kind of puzzles like that. Didnt knew it was a country thing.

https://nl.pinterest.com/pin/854558098019311170/

I found also pics where it is called clues-in-squares crossword puzzle in english? :P

3 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

A puzzle from sweden 1f607.png

Seems like only the dutch call these kind of puzzles like that. Didnt knew it was a country thing.

I found also pics where it is called clues-in-squares crossword puzzle in english? :P

thank you!

I was going to ask the same thing - I didn’t realise that was what those were called! 

It may just be a Dutch thing, but I’ll be using it from now on, as it’s catchier than “those-wierd-crosswords-that-aren’t-crosswords-and-don’t-have-the-black-squares-but-the-clues-are-in-arrows” ?

• Like 1

Its ironic i ran across this thread today. Juat yesterday my 7 yr old daughter asked if she could play this game on her profile. I noticed it was in my already downloaded list. I guess i never started it because of how long it would take to platinum for a word search game. 

I woke up this morning to find 1 trophy popped on my account as my daughter forgot to chage over to her account. Lol. Of all the powgi games to pick.... she pivked this one.  Oh well. This will be one of those games that ill do a trophy a day until its done. It could be worse. They could add another DLC to conan exiles. 

20 minutes ago, IvoryRose88 said:

Its ironic i ran across this thread today. Juat yesterday my 7 yr old daughter asked if she could play this game on her profile. I noticed it was in my already downloaded list. I guess i never started it because of how long it would take to platinum for a word search game. 

I woke up this morning to find 1 trophy popped on my account as my daughter forgot to chage over to her account. Lol. Of all the powgi games to pick.... she pivked this one.  Oh well. This will be one of those games that ill do a trophy a day until its done. It could be worse. They could add another DLC to conan exiles. 

do it 2 players with your daughter :)

5 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

A puzzle from sweden 1f607.png

these are the kind of puzzles you can win money from in the local newspaper

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I literally just got the platinum for this a few hours ago (PS4 EU stack). I started playing it about 4 years ago.

I like puzzle games, but Word Search was a lot longer than I first realized. I think it's Powgi's longest puzzle game to date.

A good buddy of mine helped me alot over time with it via share-play. This made it go faster and was more fun.

And to think I still have the Vita EU and PS4 NA stacks to do. I now wish I never started those. Lmao

I think Pic a Pix is worse. But that's just my opinion.

• 5 months later...