Just got the ps5 and have a few questions

TelliksOnhir

7 minutes ago, TelliksOnhir said:

Will my progress reset if I start playing (e.g Mortal kombat X or dead by daylight) want to plat those.

I have many games and want to transfer them to ps5. Will I need an extended storage just to transfer at least my save data on those games?

thanks,

Save data can be transfered over wifi.

as can digital games etc. that's how I did it.

u may have to install games again though. But whatever. just have ps4 and ps5 on and follow the ps5 instructions 

You can upload any save from PS4 to PS5 over the cloud which won’t reset any progress. You will however have to redownload those games on to the new console.

In terms of storage, you have more than enough with 825gb at your disposal so you won’t need an external drive unless you plan on downloading more games that will exceed the capacity.

Hope that helps ?

1 hour ago, TelliksOnhir said:

Will my progress reset if I start playing (e.g Mortal kombat X or dead by daylight) want to plat those.

I have many games and want to transfer them to ps5. Will I need an extended storage just to transfer at least my save data on those games?

thanks,

For Dead by Daylight, while you progress will carry over, Behaviour's a bunch of clowns and the game has two trophy lists. So if you've started the game on PS4, once you download it on your PS5 you'll need to launch the PS4 version, otherwise you'll start progressing the PS5 trophy list.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2021 at 4:38 AM, OmegaRejectz said:

For Dead by Daylight, while you progress will carry over, Behaviour's a bunch of clowns and the game has two trophy lists. So if you've started the game on PS4, once you download it on your PS5 you'll need to launch the PS4 version, otherwise you'll start progressing the PS5 trophy list.

All games with a native PS5 version get a PS5 list, that isn't their choice to make. Games no longer have shared lists going forward.

On 2021-06-19 at 3:27 PM, mcnichoj said:

All games with a native PS5 version get a PS5 list, that isn't their choice to make. Games no longer have shared lists going forward.

The issue isn't the dual list, it's the fact that your trophy progress doesn't transfer between both lists.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-06-08 at 3:37 AM, ShahinMiah said:

In terms of storage, you have more than enough with 825gb at your disposal so you won’t need an external drive unless you plan on downloading more games that will exceed the capacity.

Technically it’s 667GB due to the system using almost 160GB for itself. Best bet if people have a lot of PS4 games they want to play on PS5 is to use an external drive and either play them from there or copy them to system storage while they’re being played. This also gives you a place to park PS5 games if you need to free up space on the internal storage. Yea, 667GB is a lot of space, but with games being as big as they are these days it can get consumed pretty fast.

• 3 weeks later...