No PS4's left :(

Mystvayne

Ok so I went into town today with high hopes of getting my hands on a shiny new PS4. I knew that the chance of them not being sold out was slim but I was not prepared for this. Not only are they sold out across the entire country I was told that those who pre-ordered will not get them till the week before Xmas (if they are lucky). The next shipment will not arrive until Jan 31st and they will most likely all be used to fill pre-orders as well, meaning that we probably won't see them in stores until end of Feb or even March. I was told that Sony has officially restricted PS4 shipments to New Zealand until further notice so we can buy the games, controllers and everything else but the damn console. 

I was really looking forward to opening a new PS4 this evening but I won't even be able to play it on Xmas day with my family. At this rate they will be flying off Japanese shelves before we ever see them here. At least I have a huge backlog of PS3 and Vita games. I'm interested to know if the Aussies are having the same problems.

Wait so they are all sold out across New Zealand?

That is my understanding. All stores I went to were sold out and I even spent a few hours online trying to find stores that had any but no one did. But I'm from Southland so it was to be expected, if you're in Auckland you might find some random store that has one but it's unlikely.

What did New Zealand do to upset Sony? :(

That's what I would like to know, the store clerk wouldn't elaborate. I'm guessing they will be sent to Aussie first.

SONY probably didn't like the Lord of the Rings movies that much

At least the movies weren't as bad the game with all it's glitches.

• Like 1

Meeting user demand is the worst thing you can do when launching a console.

They need demand to exceed supply, because this gives free advertising with all the news websites running stories about people being unable to get consoles, which keeps them in demand for a good long time.

Remember the Wii launch?

• Like 1

Sony had to provide units for EU, AU/NZ, South America i think (some Asia regions?) and US for Black Friday - I doubt they had more than 2 millions for that purpose. Expecting PS4 to be freely available at launch was very wishful thinking - way more than on US launch. There should be more flying around before Christmas though 

Sony had to provide units for EU, AU/NZ, South America i think (some Asia regions?) and US for Black Friday - I doubt they had more than 2 millions for that purpose. Expecting PS4 to be freely available at launch was very wishful thinking - way more than on US launch. There should be more flying around before Christmas though 

You have one here buddy. Singapore will be FIRST to get 'their' hands on a PS4.

Should have said WE but...nuhh..I already decided to wait for Second Son bundle+cam/or RED controller bundle here in Singapore.

My Store manager friend said, SONY was serious when they say 'LIMITED STOCKS'. They will only deliver the total QTY of PRE-ORDERED PS4

per store...living no inch for Hopefuls who had not pre-ordered or changes mind on a last minute basis. (like me)  :lol: 

DEC-19-2013 will be DDAY for Singapore then (S.E.A) neighbouring countries will follow. 

Now I'm starting to think whether unit will be made available come FEB 2014 or so.  :S

Edited by xf22Razgriz

I made the mistake of not pre-ordering so that I could shop around... Hit the shops first thing this morning and could not find one anywhere, I have however managed to reserve one to pick up tomorrow (fingers crossed), it's just a bit further to travel than I would usually like... :(

I was at Gamestop last night at midnight and they had plenty of PS4s and XBOs to sell. I saw at least 20 people purchase one (without a pre-order). They were asking people when they walked in if they were there for one, and if so, were giving them tickets to hold as they waited in the long line to cash out.