GT6 General Discussion

amebapiko

Did you import from Asia.? just wondering though..  :hmm: 

I'll be getting the same. Since my fave store had Marketed well on this piece of collectors Edition.

Aside from pure LOVE of Gran Turismo., that piece of metal, Nissan Skyline GTR was another buying factor that drawn me.  :facepalm:  :D 

I'm in asia so it's easy lol

Micro transactions have me worried - I'm all for them on F2P titles - 50€ for 7 million credits however on a premium game is just silly, but may also mean that fun cars may not be as easy to get as first thought.

I'm definitely putting my purchase on hold now as I'll have to investigate more;

It's a pity :(

Edited by Memnoch

Micro transactions have me worried - I'm all for them on F2P titles - 50€ for 7 million credits however on a premium game is just silly, but may also mean that fun cars may not be as easy to get as first thought.

I'm definitely putting my purchase on hold now as I'll have to investigate more;

It's a pity :(

From everything I've read on GTPlanet from the people who have the game early, they're saying that money is just as easy to get in GT6 as it was in GT5 so they haven't reduced credit payouts to try and force people to buy the credit packs. 

Parker

It's just setting a precedent - like I said I'll investigate more, but I do tend to stay away from as many games as possible with micro transactions, even if it is my favourite series to date

If it makes you feel any better, the folks at GTPlanet who have the game early are saying that as of now at least (it could change in the day one patch I suppose) there is no mention of being able to purchase credits anywhere in the game so they aren't pushing you to do it at all. Personally I have no problems with micro transactions like this that are completely optional but I'd hate to see them constantly remind you of them so I'm glad GT has taken this route and isn't throwing it in your face every chance they get. 

Parker

Ok so I think PD needs to start doing polls on what cars should be added into the game (especially if they are premiums)...because some of these choices are jokes. Like why do we need some of these high detail 70 hp cars that no one is going to use whereas there are hundreds of cars that should be at least premium. I don't know if PD just chooses poorly when it comes to cars but they need to seriously go out and start asking the public what we would want over what "would look nice in a video game". >:(

Also the game has froze on me 3 times!!!! I haven't had a game freeze on me day 1 ever. Usually it's after a few months or during an online game...

Also tuning needs to be improved.

Absolutely loving the game so far. The new physics engine is extremely impressive and while at first glance it may look pretty much identical to GT5 it actually looks a lot better to my eyes. Am I the only one loving the amazing track list too?

Parker

i got the game yesterday, and was only able to play it for 2 hours

but - i can say - wow

im GT-Addicted again :)

and yes parker - the physics are much better now - that was the first i observed

and for my eyes - GT6 is far better than GT5 - very sharp picture - very detailed

I beat Clubman Kart Cup 100 earlier, all stars. Dunno if I'm the only one but it took me a 50 tries and that's just the second stage, I cannot drive those damned karts... I kept losing control. 

So happy I completed it.

I love GT6 right now, it's reignited my love for GT! 

Out of interest, does it always start you out with the same first car? For example mine was the Honda FIT RS.

Yes, GT6 forces you to buy the Honda Fit. I'm not sure why they decided to do this with GT6 seeing as no other GT game has done it before but it isn't that bad. 

Parker

Yes, GT6 forces you to buy the Honda Fit. I'm not sure why they decided to do this with GT6 seeing as no other GT game has done it before but it isn't that bad. 

Parker

Thanks for the reply, what a blast this game is. never had this much fun on a driving game before. Even the Honda Fit is a pleasure to thrash around the track. :)

• Like 1

I can't get over how much better and more realistic this game feels than GT5. Matterhorn is a great original track but damn is it hard to be consistent there. 

Parker

It feels a lot more like Enthusia now, which is a damn good thing [Watching replays of that game was like watching an actual car on the track.]

Though, I will say it makes me pine even more for Konami to bring that series back - something to truly give GT a run for its money. It blew GT4 out of the water with its physics model - and that's coming from a life-long GT fan - then it just disappeared :/.

• Like 1