GT6 General Discussion

amebapiko

It feels a lot more like Enthusia now, which is a damn good thing [Watching replays of that game was like watching an actual car on the track.]

Though, I will say it makes me pine even more for Konami to bring that series back - something to truly give GT a run for its money. It blew GT4 out of the water with its physics model - and that's coming from a life-long GT fan - then it just disappeared :/.

From what I recall, a lot of the Enthusia staff are actually part of PD now and worked on the physics engine. Enthusia was a fantastic game, well ahead of its time and it is one of my favorite PS2 games. 

Parker

I can't get over how much better and more realistic this game feels than GT5. Matterhorn is a great original track but damn is it hard to be consistent there. 

Parker

Indeed! I for one couldn't get over the hump and excitement for this game.

Only on Jan.1 of this year that I had the chance to get my hands on that racing wheel and give it a blast.

Man!!...ALL the uncertainty and expensive price Tag for 'Limited Edition Asia'  feeling was all thrown out

of the window. A satisfied gamer and a GT lover here.

Though I couldn't criticize GT5 more than I should since I never spend 5hrs+ of game play in it.

BUT GT6 gives me that GT feeling I had during GT4(PS2). The sense of urgency to go one CUP after another

and the urge to 'UP' those CREDITS in old GT fashion -"pure grinding".

I couldn't agree more to you Sir when you once said "GT6 may end up my GAME OF THE YEAR for 2013"

​and Truly GT6 never disappoint. 

Cheers!

-Razgriz  #goodvibes

After playing this game for just under a week, I can't express how much I love it. I drove bathurst for the first time the other night and couldn't get over the graphics. I even had to watch the replay.

I'mPlaying with the racing line off and always in cockpit view. I can see myself playing it for a long time.

Anyone else enter races with a way under powered car , ? It's way more fun

• 2 weeks later...

I just got gold in all the S license tests last night. The last test was with the "Bugatti Veyron". Despite people saying this was the hardest test, I gotta say it wasn't as bad as I anticipated it. I honestly thought the 4th test was a lot harder. I'm happy I have them all done though!

I just got gold in all the S license tests last night. The last test was with the "Bugatti Veyron". Despite people saying this was the hardest test, I gotta say it wasn't as bad as I anticipated it. I honestly thought the 4th test was a lot harder. I'm happy I have them all done though!

Yeah, the Veyron at Ascari just took a bit of getting use to as the car is heavy and steers almost like a bus lol. None of the S licenses were that bad, was the 4th one at Brands Hatch?

If it was, for people how haven't done it yet, best tip is to break a lot later than the driving line if you are using it, some corners you just need to get off the throttle for a few seconds. Also you should be very wide and going the right speed when entering Paddock Hill Bend (first corner) in order to get a lot of speed out clipping the apex.

Firstly, where were the endurance races.

i put over 650 hours into gt5

less than 90 hours in gt6

You are making fun of the game, but you only have 1 bad thing to say about it?

I actually liked the fact that they changed the 24 hours races to 24 minutes races... I never had time to race for 24 hours straight

You are making fun of the game, but you only have 1 bad thing to say about it?

I actually liked the fact that they changed the 24 hours races to 24 minutes races... I never had time to race for 24 hours straight

i have lots more of bad stuff i could say, that was the first that came to mind. Still i have moved on now to other stuff, it's was just a shame that my last ever ps3 purchase was a let down

• 3 months later...

GT6 Ayrton Senna Content Coming This Week, New Screenshots Released

GT6_Lotus_97T_01-638x358.jpg

As most readers will recall, the Ayrton Senna Tribute content was originally set for release in GT6 today. Unfortunately, a few regional licensing issues have complicated a simultaneous worldwide launch of the new content, but don’t worry – it will arrive before the end of this week, as I learned after speaking with SCEA today.

For now, they’ve sent over an impressive batch of in-game screenshots featuring Senna’s cars, including his DAP Racing Kart, Lotus 97T, and 1983 West Surrey Racing British F3 car. Stay tuned for more news!

West_Surrey_Racing_1983_Ayrton_Senna_01-  West_Surrey_Racing_1983_Ayrton_Senna_02-  GT6_DAP_Racing_Kar_02-200x200.jpg

GT6_DAP_Racing_Kar_03-200x200.jpg  GT6_DAP_Racing_Kar_04-200x200.jpg  GT6_Lotus_97T_01-200x200.jpg

GT6_Lotus_97T_02-200x200.jpg  GT6_Lotus_97T_03-200x200.jpg  GT6_Lotus_97T_04-200x200.jpg

Keep Reading

See more on Ayrton Senna.

Edited by DRIFTER_X7

GT6 Online Service Maintenance Announced for May 30th, Ayrton Senna Content Expected

May 29th, 2014 by Jordan

GT6_Lotus_97T_03-638x358.jpg

Polyphony Digital has announced an online service maintenance period for Gran Turismo 6, expected to begin on Friday, May 30th, at 04:00 GMT/UTC (click here to convert that to your local time).

Although online service maintenance does not guarantee a game update will be released, this is widely expected to be the case after we learnedthe highly anticipated Ayrton Senna Tribute content for GT6 was set for release in the later part of this week.

As reported in our forums, several Brazilian media outlets have already had their hands on the new Senna content, sharing brief gameplay videosand screenshots.

GTPlanet user devilracer1987 has also discovered two new GT6 PSN Trophies have been added which relate to the new content:

• Hero’s Trophy: Complete all the Ayrton Senna Tribute events.
  • Senna Master: Get a gold award in every Ayrton Senna Trubute event.

1lU0idu-300x168.jpg

Stay tuned for more details!

Keep Reading

See more on Ayrton SennaGT6 Maintenance.

Edited by DRIFTER_X7

The Senna content is absolutely awesome. The Lotus 97T is easily one of my favorite cars in the game now and it feels like PD have tweaked force feedback a bit as well because wheels feel better than ever. This is yet another reason why PD is one of my favorite developers. 

Parker

• 4 weeks later...

1.09 was released a few days ago ( all the patch notes are in the proper thread) and it is quite an awesome update. I really love that all these new cars and tracks have been free, it really makes me respect PD as a company when I know and they know that they could easily charge for this stuff. I'm actually curious to see if they will release DLC with a pricetag. 

Parker

1.09 was released a few days ago ( all the patch notes are in the proper thread) and it is quite an awesome update. I really love that all these new cars and tracks have been free, it really makes me respect PD as a company when I know and they know that they could easily charge for this stuff. I'm actually curious to see if they will release DLC with a pricetag. 

Parker

yes i love it!! i think they kinda stopped advertising it on facebook or else i wouldve downloaded it sooner lol. and i had no idea that there was a timed trial for the new VW in the seasonal events or else i wouldnt of bought it >_<  

and before they even released GT6, they said all DLC and updates would be absolutely free, with the catch of huge file sizes and long in-game installations xD

Edited by X_RaceKing_X