Just got the game: Question time

DaveMcDamage

Hi everyone, 

Just got the game whist its on sale. Only just finished the first castle tutorial section when going to school the first time, but this game gives serious eye candy. One of the most original looking games I've seen in a while. 

Anyway I know about the guides available etc, but what I did want to ask (and I'm sure there will be more) is about your players dialog choices. Does this matter at all how you respond or was it just implemented to make you feel like you have something to do during the dialog scenes and serves no real importance?

• Like 1

When you hang out with them, your choices matter. They give different affection points.

For story purposes, they just add different lines, except one (or two?) really important choices that affect the ending.

Edit. By hanging out with them, i mean your friends/confidants. I think you haven't reached that part yet, so it maybe sounds confusing

Edited by sephiroth4424
  • Like 1

Story sections wouldn't change the outcome just some people will quickly react to it, only at the very very end your choices matter, but the game will let you know that. Everything else in your free time does have effect hanging out with people, school questions, such things do matter, and imo is the most fun thing about the Persona games.

• Like 1

1. If you can be a dick to Ryuji...do it. Trust me it always leads to the best answer.

2. You do smash stuff. You will get a power pretty soon that allows you to have a 3rd eye. It will allow you to smash Golden objects. This will either give you items or things to sell at the gun shop.

Also Royal is REALLY lenient on the time as they made it way easier than 5. So if you don't want to use a guide that is up to you but it is way more doable than P5. That being said there are certain things you have to do at certain times or you will screw up the plat on the first run.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Also Royal is REALLY lenient on the time as they made it way easier than 5. So if you don't want to use a guide that is up to you but it is way more doable than P5. That being said there are certain things you have to do at certain times or you will screw up the plat on the first run.

Seconded - there’s no need for a guide in Royal - I would advise perhaps looking into which 2 characters you absolutely have to max out to get the best ending - but to be honest, I didn’t use a guide, and still ended the game with all but 2 social links maxed, so TBH, the odds of missing the specific 2 you need are minimal even without it ?

Hell of a game - one of the greats - hope you enjoy!

• Like 1

Cheers gents,

Yeah it was when I heard the game has a specific time limit that I decided to use that schedule guide. Its great at avoiding plot spoilers so gonna stick with it until I know what the hell I am doing. At the part now where I have to talk to the students after the volley ball game, but don't game for long on working week so get in about 20mins-1 hour and then smash it on the days off. 

I am really liking it so far though, its a total mind f**k like, but then I think every Japanese game is to a point. Gotta give the devs cred though for how in-depth the mechanics and stuff is for the game. Not surprised its a gamers favourite and I can see it being one of mine too. If a game can mind f**k you but still have you pushing on, thats when you know its a game worth playing. 

I'm not too bothered about screwing up the schedule as I read there is NG+, but we'll see how it goes, 

Oh. I also got all the bonus stuff for the deluxe version. So somethings have a x10 next to them, does this mean I have 10 permanent versions of them, or 10 uses? Not sure if I have missed or reached a tutorial on items just yet.  

3 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Oh. I also got all the bonus stuff for the deluxe version. So somethings have a x10 next to them, does this mean I have 10 permanent versions of them, or 10 uses? Not sure if I have missed or reached a tutorial on items just yet.  

Just ten discrete items, so 10 uses. 

I got the deluxe stuff too - at the beginning it feels like a game-breaking amount of money and stuff (and it makes a big difference early on) but don’t feel like you need to horde it -

by midway through the game you will be swimming in items, and have enough cash to single-handedly destabilise the Japanese economy, so spend it when you need to!

• Like 2

Just got to the part where you infiltrate the palace for the third time after (major spoiler - a girl tries to hurt herself)

So I now have the skill where I can talk to the enemies and so far I have Pixie and Jack O'Lantern. Now I had a quick scan of the schedule guide as it mentions I should grind for cash for an event which happens in a couple of days, but also mentions about collecting these monsters. So I then checked the areas and some seem to have monsters specific to areas (though I could be wrong) and so should I try to get all the enemies in the palace I am in right now? I am at the grind spot where you farm the three enemies and so far can't get the horned horse thing or the pink jester type thing, but should I keep trying to floor them in order to try and get there personas?

Just got to the library in the Komishdo's palace and done the book puzzle. Had to google what to do with the beefcake book though. Saved and will continue later. 

I am indeed starting to see why this game is so popular and some rate it as the greatest JRPG. Granted I'm not far in and somethings mash my head a little, but when a game has you wanting to push on thats a damn good feeling for a gamer. And this game is pure eye candy too. I don't mind weaker graphics when gameplay is superior, but every scene of this game so far has been pure goodness for the eyes. 

I have a scheduled video guide for this m8 on my channel if ur interested, similar to my PS5 text guide on here, the P5R video format is sort of just slideshows with P5 music playing

Ive done the P5R guide on Merciless and catered for everything. 

Not sure if u wanna follow or loosely follow a schedule, but I have one should u need it, with Easy boss merciless guudes

Glad ur enjoying the game

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

I took a look at the schedule and as I had finally reached the treasure room but now need to send a calling card. 

The guide says to be level 10 (I think... which I am) have 20K, which I do, and then fuse Silky and that Argethian thing before I leave the castle, but how can I fuse as I thought you had to meet Igor to do that? Can't figure that out.

To fuse personas, you need to visit the Velvet Room.  You'll find it at either the beginning area of each palace, or in Shibuya by the Airsoft shop.  You'll also find it in other parts of Tokyo as the game progresses.

Edit: in case you wanted to know what to look for, look for a glowing jail cell door, and one of the Twins standing by it.  Go up to the door and press X to enter.

Edited by locutus442
  • Like 1

Whenever your Persona stock is full I'd advise you to go to the Velvet Room and fuse as many new Personas as possible. That way you'll never have a Persona go to waste and you'll also start building your compendium early on. Doing this a lot will save you money too because for every Persona you fuse this way you won't have to buy the fusion materials for later on. You can easily fast travel to and from the castle's front gate (where the Velvet Room is) from any safe room you find. 

Edited by Baka_Marimo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Baka_Marimo said:

Whenever your Persona stock is full I'd advise you to go to the Velvet Room and fuse as many new Personas as possible. That way you'll never have a Persona go to waste and you'll also start building your compendium early on. Doing this a lot will save you money too because for every Persona you fuse this way you won't have to buy the fusion materials for later on. You can easily fast travel to and from the castle's front gate (where the Velvet Room is) from any safe room you find. 

You know what I was wondering about if I was wasting them or not. I got hooked on trying to get them to side with me and thats when I found out you can only carry 5. Wish I had learned that at the start rather than swapping out personas until this point. 

the good thing is even by swapping them out they get added to your list so you can always call them back later.

Also as you rank up with Igor you can carry more and more personas. The only one that really affects a trophy is getting one of the treasure personas. I have read you have to have a free spot in your list to capture one and have it count for the trophy. Not sure if that is true or not but until you have that trophy I would keep a free spot. I think the first treasure demon comes in the second palace (and it is a story event).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

the good thing is even by swapping them out they get added to your list so you can always call them back later.

Also as you rank up with Igor you can carry more and more personas. The only one that really affects a trophy is getting one of the treasure personas. I have read you have to have a free spot in your list to capture one and have it count for the trophy. Not sure if that is true or not but until you have that trophy I would keep a free spot. I think the first treasure demon comes in the second palace (and it is a story event).

Great info man, cheers. 

Though I think I screwed up. I made the four lockpicks as suggested in the schedule, but I used two of them in the first palace. I was just scanning the schedule for May and it mentions something about a memento event and when coming across locked chests to not use the lockpicks. Because creating them takes up time have I now been screwed out of something major?

49 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Great info man, cheers. 

Though I think I screwed up. I made the four lockpicks as suggested in the schedule, but I used two of them in the first palace. I was just scanning the schedule for May and it mentions something about a memento event and when coming across locked chests to not use the lockpicks. Because creating them takes up time have I now been screwed out of something major?

Just some info, the best time to craft tools is on nights you're not allowed to go outside, but can still do things like clean the store, or do crosswords. 

On 6/9/2021 at 7:15 AM, Dr_Mayus said:

Also Royal is REALLY lenient on the time as they made it way easier than 5. So if you don't want to use a guide that is up to you but it is way more doable than P5. That being said there are certain things you have to do at certain times or you will screw up the plat on the first run.

Good to know, I was not excited to start this, fearing I'd need a guide before every move

Edited by TalalHmd
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Great info man, cheers. 

You are fine. Like i said the guide is crazy lenient on time. Try to have your stats similar to what they say but dont worry too much if you miss something.

Now you cant go back to palaces but worst case scenario you missed some gear but you can buy better gear at the airsoft gun shop.

18 minutes ago, TalalHmd said:

Good to know, I was not excited to start this, fearing I'd need a guide before every move

On the vanilla version it is a lot more strict. On Royal you just have to be careful of a few things.

Also even if you some how miss something you can do New Game + and just skip the story

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

You are fine. Like i said the guide is crazy lenient on time. Try to have your stats similar to what they say but dont worry too much if you miss something.

Now you cant go back to palaces but worst case scenario you missed some gear but you can buy better gear at the airsoft gun shop.

On the vanilla version it is a lot more strict. On Royal you just have to be careful of a few things.

Also even if you some how miss something you can do New Game + and just skip the story

Yeah I was looking at the schedule and noticed in some sections it says you cannot do everything in the game without going into NG+

So my next question is this...

I did the first mementos mission and now on a new day it says this...

• Request "The Bark and Bite of a Bully" received
  • You will automatically go to the Hideout. Choose to view the Requests and then exit;

It doesn't mention doing the mementos 2nd quest and I even scouted down the schedule to see when it gets done but didn't spot it. Any idea when its to be done?

1 hour ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Yeah I was looking at the schedule and noticed in some sections it says you cannot do everything in the game without going into NG+

So my next question is this...

I did the first mementos mission and now on a new day it says this...

• Request "The Bark and Bite of a Bully" received
  • You will automatically go to the Hideout. Choose to view the Requests and then exit;

It doesn't mention doing the mementos 2nd quest and I even scouted down the schedule to see when it gets done but didn't spot it. Any idea when its to be done?

The guide bundles a bunch of requests together. So you dont go every time as that wastes a day (especially before you have access to the massages).

So it is better to do 8 or so at once (and the guide will mention that)

Edit - looked at guide and june 1 is the next visit

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

The guide bundles a bunch of requests together. So you dont go every time as that wastes a day (especially before you have access to the massages).

So it is better to do 8 or so at once (and the guide will mention that)

Edit - looked at guide and june 1 is the next visit

Cheers again man. 

Looking forward to getting my new and first 4K TV this week, wonder if this game looks even more stunning. 

I did the first infiltration at the 2nd palace (nice to see its not a copy and paste type setting like in a lot of rpgs) but saved when leaving as this heat is wrecking me even when sat in the house. Look forward to playing again soon. 

2 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Cheers again man. 

Looking forward to getting my new and first 4K TV this week, wonder if this game looks even more stunning. 

I did the first infiltration at the 2nd palace (nice to see its not a copy and paste type setting like in a lot of rpgs) but saved when leaving as this heat is wrecking me even when sat in the house. Look forward to playing again soon. 

You know - it's a weird coincidence - Persona 5 Royal was the game I was in the middle of when I upgraded my TV recently!

I already had a 4K one, but upgraded because the old one didn't support HDR - and I will say this - HDR made a massive difference in that game specifically - probably more than any other game I've played since. I couldn't have chosen a better game to see the direct contrast.

If your current telly doesn't do HDR, that alone is going to feel like a massive upgrade - even without the extra big bonus of 4K you'll be getting.