What will Team Asobi make next?

I'm a bit curious how Sony is planning to handle first party development for PS VR 2. They've killed off the studios that made games for the first headset with the exception of London Studio and Asobi and the former is rumored to not be working on VR currently since job listings have removed mentions of the tech. Sony needs something to sell a future VR platform but who is making games for it? I'm kind of hoping that's Asobi's job. They did a tremendous game in the first Astro Bot which is one of very few Sony games rated 90+ on Metacritic this gen. 

Edited by iriihutoR84
  • Like 1

For each new PlayStation hardware release there was an Astrobot game (or set of mini-games) to accompany it. And PS VR 2 is apparently being developed as we speak. So if I were to put two and two together, I'd say Team Asobi is preparing a new Astro game for it. But in reality, who knows. You can't be sure, unless you work there. We can only speculate on rumours.

Edited by Alderriz

Anybody else thinks that its kinda paradoxical that this game exists?

i mean its a wonderful trip down memory lane and i played it longer than it was needed for the platinum but thats it

Also we get reminded of all these amazing games that started on a ps console but we cant play ps1 2 3 psp and vita games on ps5 

i just dont get it 

and please dont start with that cell architecture, i know its difficult to emulate but when homebrew devs are able to emulate even just 1 game then im sure sony could do it better

1 minute ago, SeniorRicketts said:

Anybody else thinks that its kinda paradoxical that this game exists?

i mean its a wonderful trip down memory lane and i played it longer than it was needed for the platinum but thats it

Also we get reminded of all these amazing games that started on a ps console but we cant play ps1 2 3 psp and vita games on ps5 

Not really - it’s a celebration of, and a museum of, the history of Playstation. 

If I go to the natural history museum, I don’t think it’s paradoxical that I can’t actually ride a live dinosaur.

4 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Not really - it’s a celebration of, and a museum of, the history of Playstation. 

If I go to the natural history museum, I don’t think it’s paradoxical that I can’t actually ride a live dinosaur.

You are correct difference though is that ps1 is just about 30 years old

Dinosaurs well, you know abit over 30

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...