Mastery Challenge DLC

Just appeared on the PSN app on my trophy list, so imagine it'll sync soon. Two new trophies:

:bronze: All That Glitters - Get your first Gold Medal in a Mastery Challenge

:silver: A True Master - Earn all Gold Medals available

No idea what these are or how difficult they'll be, there's literally no information about these anywhere that I can find. Guess we'll find out, maybe at Ubisoft Forward scheduled for Friday.

Edited by Darth_Krid
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Darth_Krid said:

This could be quite grindy and even...whisper it quietly...difficult. Not looking forward to the stealth challenges as stealth in this game is dodgy at best and utterly broken at worst.

I thought so too, but I think in time people will find a route to easily get all the tasks and gold medals. Not unlike the REVillage mercenaries mode.

Seems like they also bloated this mode in my opinion. If I'm right it looks to be 5 statues with 3 challenges each, that's 15 challenges.

I hope the challenges are like "100% Synchronization" of the first games, and I hope and wish they are not "to get the gold you have to do it fulfilling all the objectives, and in less than 30 seconds". I can understand getting them by taking our time, but don't turn the following games into challenges like the Shadow of the Tomb Raider DLCs. I really hate the challenges of that style.

40 minutes ago, Argandalf said:

I'm excited to see how challenging they will be.

I will try to have a guide ready asap to compliment the existing ones.

Great! I won't even bother before there's a guide. I got enough of Challenge DLC with Days Gone. 2 of those challenges was annoyingly hard because of wanky ingame physics.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Copanele said:

I would lowkey be excited if they actually added something difficult in an AC game xD that would be a first!

its not like its just difficult but its literally unfair, like someone didnt even playtest this mode and just shoved it in for justification of it being "challenging"

Already posted this on the ps5 version so for all the stackers be aware:

Be aware that cross save really messes up the new 2 trophies.

I've earned the first gold medal on the ps5 version and made a cloud save to check if the ps4 version also popped which ofcourse didn't pop.

I replayed an easy level which I already had gold on my ps4 version and again no trophy.

Replayed a new level and achieved a gold medal no trophy.

I think you actually need to start the whole questline on the ps4 seperate from the ps5 version -_-....

• Like 1

How do you do a stun attack with a spear? This challenge wants me to kill people with it, but I have no idea how I'm meant to do them. Knocking them down and stomping doesn't work, nor does slamming them into a wall or breaking their shield

Edit: Nevermind, you just need to parry their stamina bar down

Edited by Shadiochao

In case any of you may need find this useful before I publish the DLC guide, I will edit this post with a video on How to achieve Gold on each type of challege.

Trial of the Raven at Wenlocan Outpost:

Trial of the Bear at Wenlocan Outpost:

Trial of the Wolf at Wenlocan Outpost:

Edited by Argandalf
  • Like 4

If I'm going to get this game it won't be until next year at the earliest. Got too many other games to get to.

This just looks like another DLC pack that were just thrown challenges for the hell of it. Days Gone has this in their DLC so I'll be seeing how that goes for me when I get around to that game. You're already looking at well over 100 hours with Valhalla, so once this is all done and done this is basically the longest Assassin's Creed in the entire franchise.

I just don't feel excited about getting Valhalla.

• Like 2