Mastery Challenge DLC

56 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

If I'm going to get this game it won't be until next year at the earliest. Got too many other games to get to.

This just looks like another DLC pack that were just thrown challenges for the hell of it. Days Gone has this in their DLC so I'll be seeing how that goes for me when I get around to that game. You're already looking at well over 100 hours with Valhalla, so once this is all done and done this is basically the longest Assassin's Creed in the entire franchise.

I just don't feel excited about getting Valhalla.

Valhalla has been more enjoyable than Odyssey IMO, partially due to the performance boost of the PS5. It feels more realistic than Odyssey.

Back on topic: are these challenges time-limited? I saw something about playing a challenge between June 15-22 to receive a weapon as the reward. Is Ubisoft adding a new challenge each week and keeping the old ones (similar to how Days Gone did it)?

Edited by ResoluteRock

1 minute ago, ResoluteRock said:

Valhalla has been more enjoyable than Odyssey IMO, partially due to the performance boost of the PS5. It feels more realistic than Odyssey.

Well yes obviously. Every PS4 game looks better and runs better on the PS5, it's far more powerful with much newer technology to support the ray tracing and 4K native graphics. That doesn't mean the game is good or bad from a quality standpoint.

Knowing Ubisoft as well as I do, they're going to throw a bunch of padding and useless filler for their DLCs in Valhalla. That's why I will not be playing Far Cry 6 or even buy Far Cry 5 or Far Cry New Dawn. Too much padding and filler, not enough worthwhile content to neither back it all up or support it.

1 hour ago, ResoluteRock said:

Back on topic: are these challenges time-limited? I saw something about playing a challenge between June 15-22 to receive a weapon as the reward. Is Ubisoft adding a new challenge each week and keeping the old ones (similar to how Days Gone did it)?

Probably the rewards themselves are different each week, same as those special items that reset periodically from the vendor. But the challenges will stick around. 

And... I might be in the minority here xD but I actually like these challenges. Granted, I only did a Bear and Wolf challenge, not sure how cheap they get later, but so far I like the concept. They also add some sort of... well.... challenge (duh) to the game, with all the conditions required for gold medals, so it's all good. At least I am enjoying them more than the snoozefest that was Druids DLC

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ResoluteRock said:

The Challenges are not time limited, however after earning Medals you get some "currency" that you can use to buy weapons, tattoos and decorations with Hildiran.

Now those items on her shop may be time-limited, however there is no limit at least on the challenges themselves that I have played so far.

EDIT: I just saw what you mean. There is an special UbisoftConnect Challenge. If you earn ANY Gold medal on ANY mastery challenge between june 15-22, you can claim on the Ubisoft Connect in-game, a special weapon called "Skadi's Blade".

Edited by Argandalf
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Copanele said:

Probably the rewards themselves are different each week, same as those special items that reset periodically from the vendor. But the challenges will stick around. 

And... I might be in the minority here xD but I actually like these challenges. Granted, I only did a Bear and Wolf challenge, not sure how cheap they get later, but so far I like the concept. They also add some sort of... well.... challenge (duh) to the game, with all the conditions required for gold medals, so it's all good. At least I am enjoying them more than the snoozefest that was Druids DLC

I liked the first 3 trials as well and thought it was actually some nice free filler content. The realised it’s 12 more and most of them are rng, annoying and absolute bullshit to get gold?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Deluziion90 said:

I liked the first 3 trials as well and thought it was actually some nice free filler content. The realised it’s 12 more and most of them are rng, annoying and absolute bullshit to get gold1f605.png

For what it's worth, it's the first time AC asked of me to actually be stealthy since....probably AC Rogue xD 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Copanele said:

For what it's worth, it's the first time AC asked of me to actually be stealthy since....probably AC Rogue xD 

Mann that odin mine stealth mission can fuck off tbh?. Took me well over an hour to finish that without getting randomly detected lol.

I always hated the ezio series because of outdated controls but seeing how much better stealth worked in that game.. this is going to be a long week as I got both ps4 and 5 to 100% ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Argandalf said:

In case any of you may need find this useful before I publish the DLC guide, I will edit this post with a video on How to achieve Gold on each type of challege.

Trial of the Raven at Wenlocan Outpost:

Trial of the Bear at Wenlocan Outpost:

Trial of the Wolf at Wenlocan Outpost:

thx mate very usefull

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mrsoy89 said:

A Challenge from the Gods keeps telling me to "Progress through the main story". I've done the main story. Won't let me speak to the woman from the cash site.

That does not sound right, the only 2 requirements are:

- Poer level 221

- Finishing Uninvited Guests.

If you meet those, should contact Ubisoft :(

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mrsoy89 said:

A Challenge from the Gods keeps telling me to "Progress through the main story". I've done the main story. Won't let me speak to the woman from the cash site.

This happened to me as well.  I did 2 quests in ravensthorpe, one of which was a wedding and the other reading a scroll about the hidden ones and it starting working for some reason.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

Mann that odin mine stealth mission can fuck off tbh1f602.png. Took me well over an hour to finish that without getting randomly detected lol.

I always hated the ezio series because of outdated controls but seeing how much better stealth worked in that game.. this is going to be a long week as I got both ps4 and 5 to 100% 1f602.png

Ok...ok...will take it back. Odin's Mine Bow mission is atrocious. I have to hit every fucker in the weak spot (usually the right hand, the one that is BEHIND the archers) and then headshot him (which would be easy if Eivor wouldn't randomly aim to the chest).

Salt is already installing in my system ? especially since that weak spot seems so random, even if I hit it it doesn't trigger.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

Stupid fucking thing. Spent an hour on the first stealth challenge and had one guy left, thought I’d steal the artefact first before killing him and that ends the fucking mission leaving me on 946/1000. Thanks for telling me, bellends.

Dont worry,is exactly that happens to me in some challenges the stealth in these challenges dont work properly and the enemies detected you in one kilometer

Wolf challenge in Odins mine is bugged asf... I run through it flawless and when I get to end there's not even enough enemies for the headshots.. and then if you run back a little from where you came, 2 or 3 of the enemies either disappear or die some how and you're left with just the dude with the big shield... so broken.. usually the 2 archers up top and 1 on the bottom at end just dissapear....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JewishPanCaKe said:

Wolf challenge in Odins mine is bugged asf... I run through it flawless and when I get to end there's not even enough enemies for the headshots.. and then if you run back a little from where you came, 2 or 3 of the enemies either disappear or die some how and you're left with just the dude with the big shield... so broken.. usually the 2 archers up top and 1 on the bottom at end just dissapear....

Same thing happened to me twice…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JewishPanCaKe said:

2 hours ago, sebthegod said:

Same thing happened to me twice…

It's because the last archer jumps off his ledge and dies instantly, voiding you of the points. A "workaround" is to whistle and attract enemies one by one, leaving only the spearman and the archers alive. Rushing at the archers won't trigger them to suicide, although you might die yourself from the attacks...

This is one buggy mess of a mission.

FamiliaMyth93.png

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

It's because the last archer jumps off his ledge and dies instantly, voiding you of the points. A "workaround" is to whistle and attract enemies one by one, leaving only the spearman and the archers alive. Rushing at the archers won't trigger them to suicide, although you might die yourself from the attacks...

This is one buggy mess of a mission.

I agree, this one is pure luck based since you need 28 headshots and 29 weak points while hoping that enemies won't kill themselves.

Other challenges are ok, the stealth challenges bring back memories from the old AC games with 100% sync requirements.

Edited by FamiliaMyth93

23 minutes ago, FamiliaMyth93 said:

I agree, this one is pure luck based since you need 28 headshots and 29 weak points while hoping that enemies won't kill themselves.

Other challenges are ok, the stealth challenges bring back memories from the old AC games with 100% sync requirements.

I managed to do it in the end... you have to know which archers tend to suicide and rush to them and HOPE you don't get headshot to death.

Worst are the last 3 archers, because you have to deal with 2 spearmen and that Standard Bearer. So yeah, better grab the luckiest charm you have.