Mastery Challenge DLC

After reading through this topic it's only now I realize that I'm not alone thinking the stealth in valhalla was very weird with enemies spotting you from yards away despite being cloaked. Probably the only ac where I never bothered being stealthy up until this point which is why I'm actually enjoying these challenges. 

Seems that Odin Mine Wolf Challenge is not a easy one, because of when I’m going through the level I always found dead enemy that I didn’t kill (location between 1st and 2nd targets) Sometimes some enemies just disappear. It is not fair :) but I will keep trying.

Is it me or is there RNG associated with these? I don’t mean what was already said but for the first 2 challenges, I had to retry them twice. The second time doing both of the challenges there were more enemies giving me an easier time to get gold.

I even killed all enemies completing the challenge even though I clearly saw 3 enemies coming after me.

or am I just seeing things?

On 16/06/2021 at 10:25 AM, mrsoy89 said:

A Challenge from the Gods keeps telling me to "Progress through the main story". I've done the main story. Won't let me speak to the woman from the cash site.

I have the same issue, power level 430 and almost everything done and received the same message. Apparently Ubisoft is aware of this as can be seen in this topic. All that remains is to wait for a patch or a hotfix ?

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/99194/unable-to-progress-in-a-challenge-from-the-gods-post-here/22?lang=en-GB

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Copanele said:

If I may ask...how many trials are there in total? 15??

Because I just unlocked 2 more statues and I am already losing my mind with the stupid things xD 

Yes, there are a total of 5 shrines with 3 challenges each :)

Updating another challenge, will upload more after work :)

Odin Mine Hideout - Trial of the Raven, Gold Medal

Odin Mine Hideout - Trial of the Bear, Gold Medal

Odin Mine Hideout - Trial of the Wolf, Gold Medal

Edited by Argandalf
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Argandalf said:

Yes, there are a total of 5 shrines with 3 challenges each :)

Updating another challenge, will upload more after work :)

Odin Mine Hideout - Trial of the Raven, Gold Medal

Ok good, thanks!

Also good stuff with the videos :) they are quite informative in certain points! Best of luck with the Odin's Mine Trial of the Wolf!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Copanele said:

Ok good, thanks!

Also good stuff with the videos :) they are quite informative in certain points! Best of luck with the Odin's Mine Trial of the Wolf!

Thanks man!! Wolf challenge is next and I have to say I am afraid based on what I have read hahhaha. 

Il work on it after work and try to find the way :P

Edited by Argandalf
  • Like 1

Found an exploit for the arrow challenge that requires you to get headshots and weakpoint hits.

What I did was get only headshots and only hit weak points that I knew I can hit. 

When you get to the end don’t kill the boss. Hit his two weak points and run back to the beginning of the challenge and run back towards the start of the challenge, you can go back once Eivor puts their bow on their back. He will regenerate his health as well as his weak points.

Each headshot is worth 17 points. So you should 459 points before you kill him. 

Makes the challenge more bearable

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Scream_For_Me said:

Seems that Odin Mine Wolf Challenge is not a easy one, because of when I’m going through the level I always found dead enemy that I didn’t kill (location between 1st and 2nd targets) Sometimes some enemies just disappear. It is not fair :) but I will keep trying.

Yes, I did at least 4 perfect runs and still get the silver medal. Every time they release a new DLC, there’s always any kind of problems…

5 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

Found an exploit for the arrow challenge that requires you to get headshots and weakpoint hits.

What I did was get only headshots and only hit weak points that I knew I can hit. 

When you get to the end don’t kill the boss. Hit his two weak points and run back to the beginning of the challenge and run back towards the start of the challenge, you can go back once Eivor puts their bow on their back. He will regenerate his health as well as his weak points.

Each headshot is worth 17 points. So you should 459 points before you kill him. 

Makes the challenge more bearable

Thanks for share the tip works perfectly,idk how but always lose 3 headshots in the last part where are the bearer,really really sucks the performance of these dlc and the wolf trial is a buggy mess

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Xilanaz said:

Argandalf, you make it seems so easy :)

Trail of the Bear in lolingstone is driving me bonkers, always one or two fire kill to few

That one was not easy at all, it took me MANY times. I would recommend as I did to focus on parry and fire kills on the first area, then fall damage and the remaining parry on the enemis onthe pilars, and then get the rest of fire/fall kills on the other area.

It will take some tries, I can assure you that xD

I will keep uploading the rest here and in youtube :)

The Wolf challenge on Odin Mine is getting on my nerves cause of the bugged enemies xD

Edited by Argandalf

New Video Updates!!

1) Just included the nightmare Trial of the Wolf at Odin Mine on my previous video post!!

2) I will be posting the Calleva Outpost challenges here :)

Calleva Outpost - Trial of the Raven, Gold Medal

Calleva Outpost - Trial of the Bear, Gold Medal

Calleva Outpost - Trial of the Wolf, Gold Medal

Edited by Argandalf

8 hours ago, locoporkko said:

Thanks for share the tip works perfectly,idk how but always lose 3 headshots in the last part where are the bearer,really really sucks the performance of these dlc and the wolf trial is a buggy mess

Same for me, I’m always missing 2 or 3 headshots when I get to this point and that’s when I’m not having to restart a lot due to either them not spawning, catching fire or falling to their deaths. This mode needs a stability patch!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GAZDAN said:

Same for me, I’m always missing 2 or 3 headshots when I get to this point and that’s when I’m not having to restart a lot due to either them not spawning, catching fire or falling to their deaths. This mode needs a stability patch!

All of that happened to me, I was able to solve a few of them, so it may help.

About the ones not spawning, I had some occasions in which an enemy would "fall" inside a wall and disappear form the game, I realized it after seing a numerical damage indicato on the screen when I was out of combat. That really sucks and cannot be avoided. However, I realized, specially on the last area, that when I entered it, if for any reason I abandonde the are, the archers on the upper ledge would vanish, so make sure you kill them first before leaving this area for cover or any other reason.

About the catching fire, some enemies (elite ones I think, the targets o the trial) shoot fire arrows, do not shoot them when they are holding the fire arrow to you, otherwise your arrows will catch fire before hitting them. Better wait until they release. Also be careful your own arrow is not on fire.

Finally, for the falling part. I would recommend you not to shoot until you are certain to hit a weak point or a headshot. Otherwise some hits may desestabilize them and make them fall. 

Hope all this helps somehow :)

(I tried to show this on the video I uploaded a few posts up)

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Scream_For_Me said:

Just done it with gold rank. Oh God, you are truly exist! As per my understanding, when you entered location with enemies you shouldn’t go back as far as some enemies will be able to die. 
Anyway, some luck and skill will needed indeed. Best of luck to everyone who’s still trying. 

• Like 1

Today i done it with gold my last trial of wolf and i was a terrible nightmare with many matches with all kind of buggy situations npc suicided,npc despawn,another npc killed by other npc and similar cases but today the nightmare finish and i became in a master assassins 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, locoporkko said:

Today i done it with gold my last trial of wolf and i was a terrible nightmare with many matches with all kind of buggy situations npc suicided,npc despawn,another npc killed by other npc and similar cases but today the nightmare finish and i became in a master assassins 

congrats man!! I agree on the nightmare of some trials, that wolf at odin mine will be remembered xD

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Argandalf said:

congrats man!! I agree on the nightmare of some trials, that wolf at odin mine will be remembered xD

Oh yeah,is horrible the load times when restart the match due a buggy and the parkour is horrible too,i believe that i can do more quicker but no

• Like 1

Hey guys!!

I will upload here the videos for the last Shrine on Templebrough Fort:

Trial of the Raven @ Templebrough Fort - Gold Medal

Trial of the Bear @ Templebrough Fort - Gold Medal

Trial of the Wolf @ Templebrough Fort - Gold Medal

Edited by Argandalf
  • Like 1

Yeah, these "challenges" should be at most a 4/10 or a 3/10 with Argandalf's very helpful guides.

But Ubisoft probably did zero playtesting for these. The bear challenges are good, they aren't very hard but they are fun. However the Raven and Wolf challenges are very buggy and what's worse you won't find out about the missing enemies until the end where it's the most bug prone. The stealth in this game is very inconsistent and what's worse is that the enemies pathing differs with each reset. What I also found while playing this mode is that for some reason my character won't assassinate instead opting to do a melee attack.

Because of this these challenges, for me, these trophies have an artificial 5/10 difficulty. It's a shame, these challenges could've breathed new life into the game, but instead just disappointed me more.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

Yeah, these "challenges" should be at most a 4/10 or a 3/10 with Argandalf's very helpful guides.

But Ubisoft probably did zero playtesting for these. The bear challenges are good, they aren't very hard but they are fun. However the Raven and Wolf challenges are very buggy and what's worse you won't find out about the missing enemies until the end where it's the most bug prone. The stealth in this game is very inconsistent and what's worse is that the enemies pathing differs with each reset. What I also found while playing this mode is that for some reason my character won't assassinate instead opting to do a melee attack.

Because of this these challenges, for me, these trophies have an artificial 5/10 difficulty. It's a shame, these challenges could've breathed new life into the game, but instead just disappointed me more.

I agree with you on the bugs, there were many of them, for me specially on Wolf challenges at Templebrough and Odin Mine (they drove me nuts) where I had to replay the trials multiple times because an npc would be bugged and then I could not achieve gold.

It's a pity they released them too son, I mean we just got Wrath of the Druids, so they could have taken a few more weeks to test it more thoruoghly.

Regarding the bugs that are now until a hotfix is released, I would rate a 6 difficulty. Without the bugs I would agree with a 5.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

Honestly that's the best conclusion at the end of this DLC. Valhalla really needed these challenges and the idea behind them was so good... But man did they butcher them. 

And even without the stupid bugs... The archer missions would still be a pain because of the game 's original poor gameplay. I liked Raven missions but I actively exploited the AI in maps like Odin' s Mine by throwing bodies around and attracting them.... I doubt the DLC was intended to be played like this. 

• Like 1