Should i drop this game

JEDI_BROTHERS

I moved on a long time ago from the card collecting.  I'll probably still go back and get the single player trophies I'm missing at some point.

Best of luck to anyone still going for this, but unless you're close and see a path forward, I'd advise you to join the quitters club.  ;)

3 hours ago, JEDI_BROTHERS said:

I still need 1500 cards and with how extinct most cards are and the market being dry i feel it may not be possible for me to get this. If it is possible at all please tell me, i can play all day ad i am very ill right now. Any advice? Should i just move on?

Don't bother unless you really, really want a NBA 2K platinum, and even then I'd seriously reconsider. As someone who got the NBA 2K20 platinum, I can tell you this game is a lot more trouble than it's worth. You will seriously regret trying to get this platinum if you do.

2 minutes ago, MAUSZX said:

Do they still do the dumb "close servers after year 2"?

Yep, servers close December 31st of this year. Better yet, MyCareer won't be playable once the servers get shut down.

8 hours ago, ElevExplorer64 said:

Don't bother unless you really, really want a NBA 2K platinum, and even then I'd seriously reconsider. As someone who got the NBA 2K20 platinum, I can tell you this game is a lot more trouble than it's worth. You will seriously regret trying to get this platinum if you do.

Yep, servers close December 31st of this year. Better yet, MyCareer won't be playable once the servers get shut down.

I got 2k21 recently so i may just move on and get my first 2k plat with that game. Thanks for the help

I did some maths in mid-february with 1300 cards (1600 remaining), and saw that it was "possible", but with grinding a bit, of course.

Right now, being as you at 1400 cards, and checking the actual state of the game, I would say that it's practically impossible to achieve.

Right now I'm at almost 2500 (still 100 to get from spotlights), so I need like 300 from AH in 200 days. Doable, but each card can be at 30k

If I knew that when I started the game... I would never start it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't even touched 1000 cards and think I can pull this off. Call me insane. It's 6/18/21. I know, I'm delusional! ? but refuse to give up yet.

Maybe I should try '21 instead. Just missed the '16 Plat because of server closings. Want an NBA 2K Plat so bad!

Edited by TheGoaler

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2021 at 0:24 AM, JEDI_BROTHERS said:

I got 2k21 recently so i may just move on and get my first 2k plat with that game. Thanks for the help

On 6/18/2021 at 9:36 PM, TheGoaler said:

I haven't even touched 1000 cards and think I can pull this off. Call me insane. It's 6/18/21. I know, I'm delusional! ? but refuse to give up yet.

Maybe I should try '21 instead. Just missed the '16 Plat because of server closings. Want an NBA 2K Plat so bad!

I got 2k20 but it was a lot easier for me cause I went for it before 2k21 came out when the AH was active and most of the cards were 1-3k. If all you guys really want is a 2k plat id definitely say just go for 2k21, much easier than last years plat. I wish I could help you guys but I think I locked in all my heat check and current series sets for tokens. If you guys need MT Im not sure I might have some I could send your way if I downloaded the game again. But yeah 2k21's plats a lot easier but still tedious enough that the vast majority of people wouldn't go for it so id go for that if I was you guys. Either way good luck!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have 55 card left and guys I can tell you right now, looking back on the 2500+ hours I've played so far, it's not worth it at all.  I'm mentally exhausted from playing this game non stop for the last 1 year and 1 months. I tried doing other little side games but the gaming fatigue is real because of this NBA. The cards are now ridiculously too expensive. You depend on the RNG of the Vault and the availability from the Auction House. If you have less than 300 cards,  I would say it possible but anything more than that, I can guarantee you'll be playing hundreds of hours of repetitive BS and you will not be able to finish before December 31st 2021.

If you're game to try, here are some tips for you to focus on : 

- Complete Series I (Lock the cards)

- Complete Series II (Lock the cards)

- Get all the Jerseys

- Try to get as many cheap coaches as possible

- Try to get as many Heat Check Card,

- Don't waste your cash on the higher monetary value cards, it's not worth it. Numbers is better than quality.

- Play Triple Threat it's the only thing you can play.

- Complete all the Finals Spotlight Challenges

- Do not waste your time chasing after Gary Payton Kareem Abdul Jabbar Spotlight card, it's the biggest waste of time. 

- Do not try boosting with someone who's needs the trophy as this is the most pointless thing you can do.

- Shoes are worth a lot of money. Either the small ones for 250 or 300 or you can get infinite shoes for 25k to 100k

- Do not play the card volume purchasing to control price. There's not enough players in the market to do so and thus, it's a big waste of time.

- Do not buy infinite contracts. You will get enough by playing. Make yourself an infinite full team and an infinite Triple Threat team so that you never have to buy another contract again.

- Triple threat Team should consist of 1 Pink Diamond (quick and strong.. I have Giannis Antetokumpo Out of Position with infinite shoes accentuating speed and ball handling). The other two players should be Grey tier players (level 74 and lower. I have Kyle Korver 73 and Norman Powell 73). This will balance the opponent team to player level average of 80 to 85 thus making Triple threat a lot easier.

- Use your tokens to buy pack cards and sell the ones you have. If they are series 1 or 2, quickly offload them for 1500. Do not try wasting your time setting high prices. If they are rarer cards or more valued cards, try undercutting the highest card in the Auction house by 5000 to 10 000. We're way beyond the time where we can afford waiting for someone to pay really high amounts for cards. Your goal is to obtain volume of cards at a speedy rate. More now than before.

- Watch TV Shows while you're playing. Movies will end too quickly and mess up your vibe. 

- Take care of your health: Take a walk, do some exercise but don't do like me and sit not doing anything. I've seen the damage this game has done to my health and I don't wish this upon anyone. Screw you 2k for being such dicks.

- Say goodbye to your wife, husband, kids, family and whomever else you plan on seeing in the next few months because I guarantee you will not be doing anything else other than playing this game. 

My final advise is to be realistic. I almost quit in February and once more in April but I had to grind the hell out of it. If you're not ready for this intense push, just don't do it. Life is much more important than this dumb trophy. 

Good Luck on your journey!

* Out of respect: Do not ask me for any cards once I'm done. The second I get the platinum, I'm deleting the game and sending it the game to 2k Studios so they can keep this piece of sh....

• Like 4

@Romer819 Jeez that sounds fucking awful. It’s a shame all of these sports games have to come with the trophy lists from hell because I’m a big NBA/NHL fan and would have loved to play a few of these games otherwise. But every time I’ve gone to have a peek at sports game’s trophy list out of curiosity, I end up noping out after about 30 seconds.

I hope it you unlock the platinum. I will light a candle and pay for your soul my brotha ?

• Like 1