Division 2 + DLC in 2021?

I used to play Division 2 for some time when it released but lost interest after a while but recently decided to check it out again. I was wondering how populated and playable Division 2 is nowadays, especially after the DLC?

Are there still people playing this game (as in are there still people to group with, not to burn the game down), are group missions still active and is it still possible to get 100%/ Platinum with a decent team? I'm considering playing it again and going for that platinum trophy and 100% but completing the multiplayer trophies (and finding a fireteam to do so) is kinda stopping me from actually replaying it.

I don't own Warlords of NY yet but it's currently only 9 euros in the PSN sale which is a fair price in my opinion. I just want to know if I'm going to be playing a game that's still active or it's not worth it anymore.

Edited by its_ArchroniX

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I did the platinum and the 100% in January this year I think it was, and I had no trouble. I played the Hard Mode with a co-op partner and most the the DLC was pretty easy to just play naturally together as well as with a dedicated partner. I did both since I was so hooked on playing the game. So yeah totally doable. 

• 3 months later...
On 2/23/2022 at 9:45 AM, theSpirae said:

The game is currently on sale (bundle with the first one) for 12$. It the base game worth getting into or is the DLC necessary/recommended?

While you don't NEED the DLC to plat, almost noone plays at level 30 so unless you plan to just one-and-done the game then getting the DLC at some point is recommended. If you are just wanting to try it out though 12 bucks isnt too much for all the time you can spend playing. If you have a friend or 2 its much more enjoyable when i played 2 years ago it was kinda boring solo and i ended up just speed running through missions and skipping dialogue(which the dialogue in Div1 is way more intriguing) 

One big issue though is if you gameshare the DLC is not shared meaning you'll need to buy it for each account, just something to take note of.

Edit: since i didnt answer the question, IMO if you like shooters that are more tactical its most certainly worth the buy, While the DLC is only worth it if you are going for 100% or you end up actually enjoying the game, You can do everything in the base game just fine without it though so dont feel compelled to buy it.

Edited by Nierou
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2022-05-21 at 2:44 AM, Patrickosan said:

How about the raids trophies? As only those seems to require 8 players. Is there a matchmaking? I heard they added some easy mode? 

they did add easy mode, and it definitely makes it easier. I got Operation Dark Hours Raid (the first raid) first try with randoms via matchmaking.

... Iron Horse on the other hand. it's eluded me for more than a year. I had almost everything in the game completed in less than 2 weeks and this was the wall of steel that stopped my Iron Horse in its tracks. It wouldn't be as bad if it was just to complete it, however, it baffling requires 8 players for the trophy. So me getting a win on Easy mode via matchmaking first try didn't matter since a rando left a few minutes before we won. I've joined half a dozen Discord sessions of seasoned players and still haven't got it. Hours at a time, several times I've tried, and I just can't get it. Maybe one day.

On 17/8/2022 at 5:51 AM, OmegaRejectz said:

they did add easy mode, and it definitely makes it easier. I got Operation Dark Hours Raid (the first raid) first try with randoms via matchmaking.

... Iron Horse on the other hand. it's eluded me for more than a year. I had almost everything in the game completed in less than 2 weeks and this was the wall of steel that stopped my Iron Horse in its tracks. It wouldn't be as bad if it was just to complete it, however, it baffling requires 8 players for the trophy. So me getting a win on Easy mode via matchmaking first try didn't matter since a rando left a few minutes before we won. I've joined half a dozen Discord sessions of seasoned players and still haven't got it. Hours at a time, several times I've tried, and I just can't get it. Maybe one day.

So do you think that the first raid is easier than the second one?

I recently bought the season pass on sale and i was thinking to jump back on the field and i will not be able to get 7 players to play with so i will aim at doing it with randoms

17 hours ago, RRxbe- said:

So do you think that the first raid is easier than the second one?

I recently bought the season pass on sale and i was thinking to jump back on the field and i will not be able to get 7 players to play with so i will aim at doing it with randoms

100%. The first raid on Easy mode is basically just a DPS check (Damage-per-second check, meaning that if your randoms know how to shoot, that's it). Whereas the second Raid, even on Easy still has tons of different steps & requirements & whatnot. You should be able to get the first Raid with randoms no trouble. Raid 2 is infuriatingly difficult.

6 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

100%. The first raid on Easy mode is basically just a DPS check (Damage-per-second check, meaning that if your randoms know how to shoot, that's it). Whereas the second Raid, even on Easy still has tons of different steps & requirements & whatnot. You should be able to get the first Raid with randoms no trouble. Raid 2 is infuriatingly difficult.

Thank you! I think i will do just the first one so, i do not wanna lose too much time on this game again

• 2 weeks later...
On 19.08.2022 at 8:00 AM, OmegaRejectz said:

second Raid, even on Easy still has tons of different steps & requirements & whatnot. You should be able to get the first Raid with randoms no trouble. Raid 2 is infuriatingly difficult.

what requirements for second raid?

also, i think its stupid thats trophy req. 8 ppl up to end. raid didnt get easier with less ppl, after all

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-08-29 at 8:03 AM, Voland44 said:

what requirements for second raid?

also, i think its stupid thats trophy req. 8 ppl up to end. raid didnt get easier with less ppl, after all

hard to convey in text. Watch a video guide and you'll see the different steps and stages that require x players to defend x locations so other players can communicate and activate specific switches at the specific time and whatnot.

On 12.09.2022 at 6:31 AM, OmegaRejectz said:

hard to convey in text. Watch a video guide and you'll see the different steps and stages that require x players to defend x locations so other players can communicate and activate specific switches at the specific time and whatnot.

no, i didnt.mean completion tactic. i mean, pre-requirements to start this raid smoothly

• 1 month later...

im currently stucked at the iron horse raid

someone got tips how to beat it with randoms ?

i dont got 8 friends who could help and its pretty hard to play it with randoms... 

the first raid was pretty easy with randoms but this raid its a complete other thing :(

10 minutes ago, Schrimpey said:

im currently stucked at the iron horse raid

someone got tips how to beat it with randoms ?

i dont got 8 friends who could help and its pretty hard to play it with randoms... 

the first raid was pretty easy with randoms but this raid its a complete other thing :(

I feel your pain man. I did it with randoms and the last encounter took us like 2-3 hours.

I had to get on my mic and teach the final boss mechanics to all 7 others. THANK GOD I had 2 other competent members catch on quick and help me guide the rest, but it was a nightmare.

It baffles me how many players don't even bother reading/watching a quick guide before going in, they just want a quick carry. I don't mind if someone is not the best skill wise, but for the love of God, the least they can do is come in with some idea of how it is done.

Anyways, to answer your question, you may have to take the bull by the horns and lead the randoms yourself. It sucks, it is frustrating, but that final boss NEEDS communication. Communication is the absolute most important factor.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zachhero said:

I feel your pain man. I did it with randoms and the last encounter took us like 2-3 hours.

I had to get on my mic and teach the final boss mechanics to all 7 others. THANK GOD I had 2 other competent members catch on quick and help me guide the rest, but it was a nightmare.

It baffles me how many players don't even bother reading/watching a quick guide before going in, they just want a quick carry. I don't mind if someone is not the best skill wise, but for the love of God, the least they can do is come in with some idea of how it is done.

Anyways, to answer your question, you may have to take the bull by the horns and lead the randoms yourself. It sucks, it is frustrating, but that final boss NEEDS communication. Communication is the absolute most important factor.

yeah thats what i thought... 

I will try to get on some random raids the next few days and if i didnt get a team who know what to do i will do it that way..

Im a little bit familiar with all the bosses but do you have a guide which is helpful ? :)

• 4 months later...

To echo the OP - how is this game + DLC in 2023? I never played a Division game before, but I platinum'd R6 Siege and games like Destiny 1 and 2, so am used to shooters, but maybe this is different.

How tough would it be to Plat and 100% this game in 2023 and is it still possible?  A mate asked me if I wanted to co-op this.

Edited by J-S_93
Typo

• 3 weeks later...