Does Ultimate edition content help with trophies?

Gr4de_04

Are these bonusses worth it for 5 euros with 100% completion in mind?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Are these bonusses worth it for 5 euros with 100% completion in mind?

• Yes
    • No

I've been playing RDR1 again to try and 100% it. And I've been thinking of picking up RDR2.
Right now there is a sale in European store (or at least the dutch store) where the ultimate edition is 30 euros with PS+, and the standard version is 25 euros. bonuses below are taken directly from the game's store page. I was wondering how much this will help with getting the trophies, or if they even matter. Since I will be going for 100% here anyway, do I even need these bonuses or do they become redundant? Also as far as "Gameplay Boosts, Cash Bonuses & Discounts" and "Rank Bonuses" go. Are these like a permanent, let's say 10% bonus on everything you do or a single cash/rank point price?

In short, are these bonuses worth it for the extra 5 euros if I'm going for full completion?

Store page quote:

The Red Dead Redemption 2: Ultimate Edition delivers all of the Story Mode content from the Special Edition plus additional bonuses for Red Dead Online.

Exclusive Story Mode content includes:
• Bank Robbery Mission & Gang Hideout
• Dappled Black Thoroughbred
• Talisman & Medallion Gameplay Bonuses
• Gameplay Boosts, Cash Bonuses & Discounts
• The Nuevo Paraiso Gunslinger Outfit

Red Dead Online content includes:
• Bonus Outfits
• Rank Bonuses
• Black Chestnut Thoroughbred
• Free access to the Survivor Camp Theme

Plus get free access to Additional Weapons in both Story Mode and Red Dead Online.

Like with most special edition bonuses, these only help you in the first few hours of the game. Regarding multiplayer, you get slight XP increase until rank 25 so that one is probably the only "useful" one for the trophies. One free horse also helps by saving money to buy the other 4 in multiplayer (you also get free multiplayer guns (including varmint rifle) and back in 2018, the varmint rifle was the best poth for pvp and hunting, so there was also no need to buy other weapons. But I haven't played since then and weapon balance is probably different now). If that's worth 5 bucks to you go for it. 

Edited by Alex_R-13
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gr4de_04 said:

I've been playing RDR1 again to try and 100% it. And I've been thinking of picking up RDR2.
Right now there is a sale in European store (or at least the dutch store) where the ultimate edition is 30 euros with PS+, and the standard version is 25 euros. bonuses below are taken directly from the game's store page. I was wondering how much this will help with getting the trophies, or if they even matter. Since I will be going for 100% here anyway, do I even need these bonuses or do they become redundant? Also as far as "Gameplay Boosts, Cash Bonuses & Discounts" and "Rank Bonuses" go. Are these like a permanent, let's say 10% bonus on everything you do or a single cash/rank point price?

In short, are these bonuses worth it for the extra 5 euros if I'm going for full completion?

Store page quote:

The Red Dead Redemption 2: Ultimate Edition delivers all of the Story Mode content from the Special Edition plus additional bonuses for Red Dead Online.

Exclusive Story Mode content includes:
• Bank Robbery Mission & Gang Hideout
• Dappled Black Thoroughbred
• Talisman & Medallion Gameplay Bonuses
• Gameplay Boosts, Cash Bonuses & Discounts
• The Nuevo Paraiso Gunslinger Outfit

Red Dead Online content includes:
• Bonus Outfits
• Rank Bonuses
• Black Chestnut Thoroughbred
• Free access to the Survivor Camp Theme

Plus get free access to Additional Weapons in both Story Mode and Red Dead Online.

Save your money and spend if you want in some more important than the bonus for rdr 2

I think the "Bank Robbery Mission" extra content may help you with Friends with Benefits if you missed other opportunities to get it for one of the characters. However, if you follow the guide, this is a moot point and if anything, the mission serves more as a safety net in case you mess that one up. The XP boost saves you a bit of time but is nothing to write home about so as the other commenters have said, save your money and buy the regular edition.