The time has come to really talk it out

Deadly_Ha_Ha

I just finished my first PT. I liked the game, and I never found Trico to just be too difficult to manage (we'll see how well I receive his intelligence in the 5h run). Time for :silver: All Talked Out - not looking forward to it but most of the other misc. trophies are at least not too obnoxious looking so pray for me if you've done this one before.

My only advice would be to read the YouTube comments before you attempt this trophy - they offer some great advice and really helped me with some of the more troublesome hints. If you find yourself stuck on a hint for a while you’re most likely doing something wrong.

6 minutes ago, GraniteSnake said:

My only advice would be to read the YouTube comments before you attempt this trophy - they offer some great advice and really helped me with some of the more troublesome hints. If you find yourself stuck on a hint for a while you’re most likely doing something wrong.

Gotcha. Wouldn't the world have been so much better a place if Team Ico decided to add tracking to this game's collectibles? I ended the last run which was blind to trophies and collectibles at 39/48 barrels which isn't terrible at least.

4 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Gotcha. Wouldn't the world have been so much better a place if Team Ico decided to add tracking to this game's collectibles? I ended the last run which was blind to trophies and collectibles at 39/48 barrels which isn't terrible at least.

Yeah it would’ve been nice. I actually missed one barrel when I focused on collecting them so it was a pain going through them again on the next play through..

Intensive Care was the worst trophy imo. You never know when the game auto saves, and numerous times when I loaded back up the game spears would appear on Trico even though I made sure I removed them all.. I think I ended up playing the entire game in one sitting to unlock the trophy 

12 minutes ago, GraniteSnake said:

Yeah it would’ve been nice. I actually missed one barrel when I focused on collecting them so it was a pain going through them again on the next play through..

Intensive Care was the worst trophy imo. You never know when the game auto saves, and numerous times when I loaded back up the game spears would appear on Trico even though I made sure I removed them all.. I think I ended up playing the entire game in one sitting to unlock the trophy 

I think I was really lucky on that one. I didn't want to spoil the story so I didn't read the trophy list, and that was one I unlocked. Some of these trophies are like actually awful and I can see why this plat is so rare

• Like 3

Ive got the official guide ready for when I get around to doing a Platinum Speedrun and some of the Talked Out triggers have VERY specific triggers

An example (as taken from official guide) is -

Chat 1 - walk and stand by his right elbow after he sits down, wait for 45 secs and he will move his head to the right, now walk around to the left side of his head and look at his left foot, but have the camera on his right foot, the dialogue will trigger shortly after! 

These are what the explanations are like from official guide, no wonder most are still a random mystery xD

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Ive got the official guide ready for when I get around to doing a Platinum Speedrun and some of the Talked Out triggers have VERY specific triggers

An example (as taken from official guide) is -

Chat 1 - walk and stand by his right elbow after he sits down, wait for 45 secs and he will move his head to the right, now walk around to the left side of his head and look at his left foot, but have the camera on his right foot, the dialogue will trigger shortly after! 

These are what the explanations are like from official guide, no wonder most are still a random mystery xD

Is that something you can link or I assume it's something you bought?

Congrats on finishing your first playthrough! I hope you took the time to enjoy it, because the rest of the trophies will most likely destroy any positive feelings you have for this game and experience. I thought The Last Guardian was an incredibly beautiful game and a really moving emotional experience, but the trophy list is one of the most atrocious I’ve ever seen and nearly ruined it for me.

The random nature of triggering the hints can be infuriating, especially due to how many there are overall. There was more than one hint that took me upwards of 30-40 minutes of standing around twiddling my thumbs just to appear. There was one hint in that giant room that Trico falls in that took me almost 2 hours. I tried everything and it just simply would not trigger.

The speed run and no death trophies can be really frustrating simply due to how difficult it is to control Trico and get him to do what you want. If you think you might struggle a bit with the sub-5 hour run, I would highly recommend backing your save up to the cloud before some of the more tricky climbing sections, or the notorious double dive through the underwater gates and tunnels. The diving section is probably the biggest threat to a successful run as if you get unlucky you can lose a massive chunk of time there.

Intensive Care is really tricky for some people. I don’t think it’s glitched, but I do think it’s incredibly easy to miss some of the tiny spearheads that get stuck in Trico, especially if they’re positioned under his wings or the underside near his belly. The key to getting this first try is to take it very slow and be very patient. After every fight, you want to inspect Trico for bloodstains and quite literally crawl over every inch of his body to see if there are any prompts to pull out a spear. Take your time with this, because I had numerous occasions where it looked as if Trico was completely uninjured, but actually had one or two spearheads lodged in his fur in places that were impossible to see. This one is very easy to screw up, so patience is key. Inspect him after every single enemy encounter.

To add insult to injury in my own run, I got stuck on the RNG trophy of “catching Trico in the act.” This is a completely random event that can occur at any time (although it seems to occur frequently in specific spots). Funnily enough, if you look at the trophy percentages on PSNP, you can see that the majority of players will get this trophy accidentally in their first run. More people have this trophy than have actually finished the game. However, for the few poor bastards out there like myself who have dreadful luck, it’s possible to get stuck on this trophy for a very long time.

This ended up being my very last trophy. I ran through the game 2-3 more times, tried every single method at known spots to trigger this event, and could not get it to pop. My last hope was when I found a spot where you can AFK and pin the camera on Trico, and I left my PS4 running overnight for a couple more nights in a row until I finally woke up one morning to a nice huge, steaming pile of Trico’s shit. I’ve never been more relieved the delete a game off my HDD after finishing.

I hope you fare better than I did, and can glean some help from a couple of these tips. Good luck to you! You will likely need it. ?

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 2

@dieselmanchild you had me laughing a bit there because everything you're saying is so true. I'm so ready to feel sick just thinking about this game by the time I get this plat despite liking it so much at this relatively early stage in the platinum run... But thank you for your advice. It's the kind of plat that brings all the sufferers together at the end lol

Update #4, things are actually going pretty well right now. I'm on hint #48 and it's taking its time but all I have to do is sit here so not much for it. I spent a while yesterday knocking out a bunch of misc. trophies and am now >50% through the list. Still feeling pretty fresh

18 hours ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

@dieselmanchild you had me laughing a bit there because everything you're saying is so true. I'm so ready to feel sick just thinking about this game by the time I get this plat despite liking it so much at this relatively early stage in the platinum run... But thank you for your advice. It's the kind of plat that brings all the sufferers together at the end lol

I’m glad my misfortune could bring some joy to someone. I laugh about it now, but at the time I didn’t find it funny one bit. ?

Update #5, things are going well. I stamped out a few other miscellaneous trophies today including the Trico Hole trophy. I'm currently on hint #78. The barrel where you had to get launched by Trico on the cart while holding a diddler's head took me a few tries, as did the stacking barrels trophy, but Oswald that Endswald as they say

Update #7, I didn't get the trophy. I believe I know which I missed, but obviously I'm a bit dismayed...

UPDATE #8, TROPHY ACQUIRED! Right at the beginning of the game I knew I missed hint #28 and bim bam bam ribba dam dam that was the one! Dreams really do come true!

Edited by Deadly_Ha_Ha

• 1 year later...

This was a fun thread to read after a I got All Talked Out the other day. Luckily I got it on my first run following the video guide, and even though a couple of times I got the hint, then died and couldn't get the hint to appear again, it turns out that that doesn't matter. But it was a stressful run. I just have Lightning Emissary left which I'm actually looking forward to, now I know the game so well