ShadowGreenBeav

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1&2 Trophy Thoughts?

85 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, SecondGenesis said:

^Interesting, don't remember being able  to use Talismans on PS3

 

You couldn't in the original but it seems they added them for the most difficult missions which makes it even easier to complete. I watched the same player a little further in the video get a Talisman Rebirth in UN1. So if you cleared Master Ninja difficulty on the original version, then you've already done the hardest part of the platinum trophy in my opinion. Even then Master Ninja story is not hard if you use every exploit in the book.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol that makes it much easier

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Vergil said:

Lol that makes it much easier

 

Yes, anyone who can clear Master Ninja in the single player CAN get the platinum without too much trouble.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, LancashireLad87 said:

You couldn't in the original but it seems they added them for the most difficult missions which makes it even easier to complete. I watched the same player a little further in the video get a Talisman Rebirth in UN1. So if you cleared Master Ninja difficulty on the original version, then you've already done the hardest part of the platinum trophy in my opinion. Even then Master Ninja story is not hard if you use every exploit in the book.


The guy was playing on practice mode, which always grants a rebirth talisman upon death. I highly doubt they would add that in for the normal missions. As for the missions themselves they look heavily nerfed. The damage dealt by opponents has been reduced significantly. It looks a lot more manageable. Though perhaps it might still be a bit of a challenge. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, LancashireLad87 said:

 

Yes, anyone who can clear Master Ninja in the single player CAN get the platinum without too much trouble.

Its practice mode. Check from 4:53

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Vergil said:

Its practice mode. Check from 4:53

 

Ah ok I wondered why he had access to a Talisman! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hace 2 horas, LancashireLad87 dijo:

 

No necesariamente, si observa las imágenes con más detalle. Usó solo el ninpo Inferno, que está lejos de ser útil en mi opinión y, lo que es más importante, está usando una espada de dragón, imagina lo fácil que es esto con BOTA (Blade of the Archfiend). Además, ni siquiera ha completado NINGUNO de los jugadores individuales porque no tiene ninguna otra arma con Ryu que la DS.

 

No he jugado la versión de PS4, pero parece que las misiones del equipo se desbloquean desde el principio, a diferencia de la versión de PS3, que solo se desbloquea después de completar el capítulo 1 en cualquier dificultad.

 

¿Es esto algo real? Mire en ese momento 4 horas 55 minutos 38 segundos. El tipo usa un Talismán de Renacimiento en la Misión del Equipo UN2 y nuevamente a las 4 horas 57 minutos 10 segundos.

 

Nota: A las 5 horas, 7 minutos y 50 segundos, la pantalla clara muestra que el tipo murió dos veces en la misión y aún se le atribuye la victoria.

 

 

It is not a talisman, it must be in the practical mode, if you die, you are instantly resurrected.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i wonder if TAG missions trophy is possible this time 🤔

11 hours ago, Bullet_KwT said:

you can leave AI down without reviving him and stil can fin mission

 

ah, now i see. thats good to know.

 

looks like NGS2 on Vita would be only unobtainable Plat in series

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I'm doing Master Ninja 4 now and not noticing any diffrence. The AI gets massacared in a few seconds without doing any damage to the bosses and they still kill you kill in a couple of hits. Got stuck on Mentor 5 also (the AI dies in like 20 seconds even though i spam kill enemies as fast I can with chaning ulties, flying swallos and izauna drops). Maybe the changes was only for the UN-missions. 

Edited by Sturmhauser
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only annoying things for Sigma 1 is the little loading during exploration for noy only on Tairon even on PS5 have this little loading? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, monteblommie said:

but tag missions will receive a rebalancing so that solo players can complete them.

 

they talking that like there can be any coop players in PS4 versions... 😂

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Penta122 said:

All team missions have already been completed

 

 

Solo though?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, SecondGenesis said:

Solo though?

 

You do it with the A.I. and from I have taken from videos of this being done in the thread, it can be done solo. Bare in mind it may be harder for the average player, but as @LancashireLad87 pointed out that if you can manage the solo story of Master, then you can at least handle the harder missions via trial mode to some degree. Also, I am not sure if it was just out of sheer luck or what, but the A.I. in SoundDreamers video's seems to actually do damage to the bosses and guards a lot more so than in the original game. While, yes, they do go down and get grabbed, it seems you can cycle to another character, then wail on the boss.

 

Regarding Okworlds 1, while I cannot say with 100% accuracy it seems Rachel does a number on bosses, but from the (practice) video which isn't SD's, double Ryu with BOTA works well; though, if in SD's they used the BOTA and not the DS lvl 3, I would imagine the damage would have been greater than shown, but that is just going by observation from the practice video.

 

I am sure someone will correct me (or quote me or whatever) on my statements, but that is just based off of my observation; being said, take what you will as I may try the series again at some point; currently, I have been extremely busy with projects from work and it has cut into my game time. 

Edited by x410xDragon
Typo's for days.
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, x410xDragon said:

 

You do it with the A.I. and from I have taken from videos of this being done in the thread, it can be done solo. Bare in mind it may be harder for the average player, but as @LancashireLad87 pointed out that if you can manage the solo story of Master, then you can at least handle the harder missions via trial mode to some degree. Also, I am not sure if it was just out of sheer luck or what, but the A.I. in SoundDreamers video's seems to actually do damage to the bosses and guards a lot more so than in the original game. While, yes, they do go down and get grabbed, it seems you can cycle to another character, then wail on the boss.

 

Regarding Okworlds 1, while I cannot say with 100% accuracy it seems Rachel does a number on bosses, but from the (practice) video which isn't SD's, double Ryu with BOTA works well; though, if in SD's they used the BOTA and not the DS lvl 3, I would imagine the damage would have been greater than shown, but that is just going by observation from the practice video.

 

I am sure someone will correct me (or quote me or whatever) on my statements, but that is just based off of my observation; being said, take what you will as I may try the series again at some point; currently, I have been extremely busy with projects from work and it has cut into my game time. 

 

 

Yeah, sorry, when I said solo, I was implying with the AI ( ie not with another human ) And yeah, it does seem Rachel is best for the missions.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having issues with certain trophies not popping in part 1 and 2 since this is part 2 thread the ones that aren't popping are izuna drop and counter hits both of thos trophies haven't popped for me I've done both several times when running through mentor mode yesterday???

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I think its easier than the orginal release, im no expert by any means and i was able to clear UN1 in less than an hour.

If youre not an expert you might need some luck cause the AI is a bit inconsistent and the enemy pattern is always different but nothing too crazy i would say.

 

The AI is fast at reviving when you die and the overall damage you and the AI do is much higher than in the PS3 Version, i have seen the AI taking 15-20% of Alex's HP within a second.

 

 

Cant say anything about UN2 and UN3 yet but it think everything is doable without being super good at the game. 

 

Edit: I was using BotA with Rachel as Partner.

Edited by KingTom95
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Spookyentertainm said:

I'm having issues with certain trophies not popping in part 1 and 2 since this is part 2 thread the ones that aren't popping are izuna drop and counter hits both of thos trophies haven't popped for me I've done both several times when running through mentor mode yesterday???

 

You have to pick up a scroll in the game's story mode that tells you how to do the move before you're allowed to earn the trophy.

Edited by Sergen
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is it better to focus on Sigma 1 before moving to 2 and 3? in term of muscle memory and so, or will the experience of the whole trilogy makes the higher difficulties more manageable? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Sergen said:

 

You have to pick up a scroll in the game's story mode that tells you how to do the move before you're allowed to earn the trophy.

Pick up the scroll? Where I've beat mentor already ? U start the game being able to izuna drop on part 2. Are u referring to part 1?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spookyentertainm said:

Pick up the scroll? Where I've beat mentor already ? U start the game being able to izuna drop on part 2. Are u referring to part 1?

You still need to pick up the scroll and then perform an izuna drop to get the trophy, if you never read the scroll you wont unlock the trophy even when you do 1000 of them.

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KingTom95 said:

You still need to pick up the scroll and then perform an izuna drop to get the trophy, if you never read the scroll you wont unlock the trophy even when you do 1000 of them.

 

Ok your right I skipped those...... after stopping examining the dead body's with scroll the trophies pop thanks I would have never thought of that duh lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2021 at 2:24 PM, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

It's a shame that they lost the original ninja gaiden codes lol how can a company do something like that but Sigma versions are awful , the only good thing it's that you can play with more characters and the platinum doesn't have online but it's going to be hard btw

I like both versions, but the original 360 Ninja Gaiden 2 is better especially when played on X1X (and I assume XSX). I wish the NGMC would've had both versions of 2.

 

Original NG2 has larger groups of enemies but with less life, and it's easier to dismember them to set up OTs. One of NG2's stages has a cave section which is cut out in Sigma 2. A lot of bugs swarm you here, and you can practice UTs on them to rack up the karma. S2 also lacks the Tests of Valor, which are worth it for the karma and valuable items (such as a Talisman of Rebirth, Lives of the Thousand Gods, or a Jewel of the Demon Seal)

 

One thing I dislike in Sigma 2 is that when you take a Lives of the Thousand Gods item, you will always use it immediately... sorry, no saving it for later. It's good that you can do this in original NG2 because LOTTG will top off your lifebar after raising your max health. So if you have several, you could keep them with you for a difficult boss battle.

 

I'm starting to appreciate the Lunar staff more in both 1 & 2. Regarding Sigma 1, I think the Rachel missions should've been separated from the Ryu campaign when they originally made the PS3 game. Gamov is a SOB.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.