This platinum is taking me ages!

How long did it take for everyone to earn the platinum? I’m already on 86 hours and i’m nowhere near the platinum. I’ve got 34 time trials to do. As well as all flashback tapes and all inverted gems to get. I’m going to be close to 200 hours before i’m done ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Radford999 said:

How did you manage to do it that quick?

I guess just playing the game.

I've played thousands of hours in Crash 1,2 and 3 so this was just another game for me. When I finally found the flow to spam the whirlwind and get some decent speed it was just going pretty fast that way.

The no death runs were almost first or second try for me.

14 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

I guess just playing the game.

I've played thousands of hours in Crash 1,2 and 3 so this was just another game for me. When I finally found the flow to spam the whirlwind and get some decent speed it was just going pretty fast that way.

The no death runs were almost first or second try for me.

Ah that’s probably why then. I played all of the Crash games on the PS1. I did get the plat in Crash 1 on PS4 but never played 2 and 3. I don’t really play many games like Crash. I focus more on FPS or open world games. So that’s probably why it’s taking me so long. 

On 6/9/2021 at 1:49 PM, Radford999 said:

How long did it take for everyone to earn the platinum? I’m already on 86 hours and i’m nowhere near the platinum. I’ve got 34 time trials to do. As well as all flashback tapes and all inverted gems to get. I’m going to be close to 200 hours before i’m done 1f602.png

It's definitely a tedious platinum to get but you can achieve it even without having played the previous Crash games. I thought it would take me months at first but once you manage to complete your first few time trials you will get used to the mechanics and chain all the others level "easily" (apart from toxic tunnel, Shnurgle and polar bear rides) it's just try & repeat until you memorize the level by heart and its shortcuts. It's very satisfying to complete each time trial.

Edited by Meteor-Strike-x

• 1 month later...
On 29.7.2021 at 10:07 PM, Brabantgamer777 said:

Just wanna give a huge shoutout to Mr. Bandicoot here, who really helped me out with the time trial relics. What a hero. 

Oh thank you very much. Im really glad I could help you out that quick. If anyone else is struggling on the time trials or something else can text me. 

I just Platinum mine. my save says 141hours but my 6 year old son loves the game and plays very often so i cant be accurate on my timing. 80hours is my guess. I ve completed all Crash games so far and the more difficult for me was definetely Crash Team Racing. That Dragon mines was a real pain for me. Crash 4 is the best game in terms of mechanic playability in my opinion. Once you get used to Triple Spin is pretty straightforward. Good luck to those who are trying for this and dont give up. Its a good game