Battlefield 2042 won’t have a campaign- thoughts?

arcanehornet_

Take my money EA I'm sold . Last campaign on battlefield were awful honestly. War stories are just a no for me . Battlefield originally never had a campaign they started with it because call of duty had it and they tried compete leaving out focus on their best part which is the multiplayer . Battlefield is and always will be multiplayer franchise . General gamers not trophy hunters play it for the MP and story just for the unlocks so this decision makes total sense to me and I love that they go back to the roots again . ??

• Like 3

I think multiplayer is the main sell point for BF games anyway, so no big loss for me here. However, I do think it’s a bit lazy to drop a futuristic game with no background. Killzone for instance built up an entire world from scratch and you could buy into their multiplayer more so after playing the campaigns I think. You have a better understanding of the different factions, and the layout of the maps. 

I’m still working on BF1 at the minute before I get started on 5, but the war story campaigns are a bit naff I think. They gave 5 away, and I can see 2042 ending up massively discounted within the first year so I’m in no rush for this at full price.  

I'm not surprised, they obviously phased it out with how short the last 2 were. What makes me laugh is Warzone £0.... BF £60 LOL. EA are clueless. I don't even see anyone play BF anymore, i saw a few play BFV when it was on Plus and what did they play..... The campaign. This will be the first BF i will never play. 

Edited by GUDGER666

4 minutes ago, Forunth said:

It's funny how both of the sides claim the true Battlefield fans play only multi/only solo. 

I'm not a fps type girl, so I don't have strong opinions. But isn't it weird to argument "last campaigns were shit, glad they cut it off" instead of "last campaigns were shit, they should make good one for once"? 

I believe it depends how long u been fan of the series a little bit . Since the original battlefields didn't had campaigns and that's what made battlefield popular.  The multiplayer made it big so its the most popular part . The ppl who dnt trophy hunt so general gamers mostly play campaigns only for unlocks and its always been all about the MP . While trophy hunters who care about the trophies mostly think different then general gamers so trophy hunters like the SP cuz it made the game more archivable.  

Of course , EA killing another series off and ignoring the single player/campaign again. Casual gamers enjoy MP games I don't have anything against it, but many FPS fans enjoy the campaign in those games, old CoDs (untill BO3 and BO4) happened and BF (BC,BC2,BF3,BF4, BF1) had great single player campaigns. Money grabbing as always from casuals who spend money on in-game content.. typical EA.

• Like 4

I'm not surprised this game doesnt have a campaign. Do you guys follow gaming news at all or?...

DICE, Criterion, DICE Los Angeles and Electronic Arts Gothenberg - are all of the studios working on this game, based on BF1 and 5 its clear that this is a last ditch attempt to make BF good again. For goodness sake even the teaser trailer for the game showed the top plays in games in like BF3 and 4. Riding a quad off a building to kill a helicopter or jumping out of your jet to rocket launch kill another jet and then getting back into your jet. Its all pandering to the older MP scene.

If this game isn't good or received well, I personally don't think we'll see BF again.

• Like 2

I hated the campaign in V. But that doesn't mean this one should got without... it means they needed to put more effort than the previous one.

With that said, I'll probably still get this one. I rarely play FPS campaigns and sometimes I just skipped them completely (looking at you most modernish CODs).