Battlefield 2042 won’t have a campaign- thoughts?

arcanehornet_

18 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

I'm not sure about this at all.

Given a lot of people's backlogs (we have people on this site including myself that haven't Platinum'ed/played PS3/Vita games), it would be absolutely pointless to buy BF2042. By the time, I would get around to it 1) whatever seasons content that is there would be finished and may not even be available to play, 2) knowing that it's EA and trophies just glitch on them without being fixed, there will be glitched trophies (see: the infamous conquest launch maps trophy from BFV) or worse trophies for modes that are no longer available, 3) probably a bunch of DLC trophies that may require season pass purchases, and 4) the servers will shut down by the time someone like me finishes their backlog and plays BF2042.

But if you're able to keep up and Platinum every game that comes out, buying Battlefield 2042 is not a problem for you.

1) I highly doubt they'll add a season pass, a battle pass? Or some sort of cosmetic shop? Without a doubt. But I'd be suprised if they're willing to fracture their playerbase for a peice of content that results in way less revenue than a few $15-20 skin packs.

2) I highly doubt the servers will shut down, like, unless it'll take you 50 years to complete your backlog.

Battlefield was pretty much always a multiplayer focused franchise anyway. Don't bother playing these games for the single player, Call of Duty does a far better job in providing a decent single player experience, even if I'm literally comparing apples & oranges here.

Now if you want a first person shooter that you can spend time with your friends, then Battlefield is a good choice. But I will never get this game, or any Battlefield for that matter. Multiplayer centric games were never games I really flocked to outside of MMORPGs.

• Like 2

After playing battlefield v i knoew this going to happen 

Fitst like all i also cannot understand the price tag

Secondly more that two years doing what 

Finally i heard its built by multi studios. No one could make a single player mode 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Agreed. I don't see how this game will even exist on XB1/PS4 with 128 players, can't wait for 4FPS + a molten lava PS4

Player count for PS4/XB1 will be 64

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/battlefield-2042-will-have-reduced-map-sizes-and-64-player-cap-on-ps4-and-xbox-one/

Edited by Ghost

9 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Tired? It got announced a few hours ago. You say it like they never have campaigns, BF had longer campaigns than Cod! And Military gameplay, what jumping out of a plane and using a rocket launcher, using C4 to shoot a tank into the air to shoot a plane. Cod is more realistic than BF lol. What a stupid comment. 

All im saying is that Battlefield is a multiplayer game at heart.  The first games  started out with no campaign and they only started making campaigns to compete with cod. And yes people have been complaining about the leaks about there being no campaign for a while now. that would be like me complaining about  some single player game not having a multiplayer. And i never said that battlefield was realistic. I can tell from your profile that your not a battlefield fan so stop complaining about a game that you dont like. 

• Like 2

Good luck to them in the current market. Battlefield usually gets owned by COD sales wise and theres warzone for free, New cod this year releasing with a campaign I assume and Halo infinite MP being F2P as well. I hope it drops in price quick cuz the trailer looks sick. At the same time, I think its fine for them to charge 70 for a MP only game for that audience who doesnt care about SP just like how i dont mind paying 70 for Sony first party SP only games. Personally will either wait for a sale on this one or never get it. 

• Like 1

Not a massive loss, as previous ones werent the most important parts of the games. Guessing without a campaign that'll be 10 or so more trophies plopped onto the multiplayer side of things instead, everyone loves lots of those xD.

Hopefully this means the game wont be full price £70 either.

17 hours ago, arcanehornet_ said:

So the new Battlefield will lack a campaign according to the article. This really sucks for me because I usually play FPS games for the campaign..This just means another Black ops 4 except even less content. Will be waiting for a deep sale with this one.

https://www.google.hu/amp/s/www.eurogamer.net/amp/2021-06-09-battlefield-2042-will-have-no-campaign-and-no-battle-royale-mode

You do relise Battlefield started without campaign right? it Started as a full online only game. The first bf that had campaign was not until Bf3, which was the 4th bf game down the line. and personally what i thought about that campaign was that campaigns arent for dice to make. But hey youre money you decide what you buy, while i will enjoy it on the release :) And i am really happy it does'nt have campaign, it gives them more time to perfect the game :) 

14 minutes ago, TheNarrator said:

Not a massive loss, as previous ones werent the most important parts of the games. Guessing without a campaign that'll be 10 or so more trophies plopped onto the multiplayer side of things instead, everyone loves lots of those xD.

Hopefully this means the game wont be full price £70 either.

it is full price, its actually 80$ here in Norway :) I will get it anyways on release because its back at what bf was back in the day on PC, no campaign :) 

26 minutes ago, DeathShadoow said:

People complaining about this but totally forgot about how older games did not have campaign story...

Yeah ppl allways find something to complain about, cant please everyone.  

Edited by DividedByMankind

1 hour ago, DividedByMankind said:

You do relise Battlefield started without campaign right? it Started as a full online only game. The first bf that had campaign was not until Bf3, which was the 4th bf game down the line. and personally what i thought about that campaign was that campaigns arent for dice to make.

Actually Battlefield 2: Modern Combat was the first one to have a campaign. Bad Company 1 and Bad Company 2 are the only good Battlefield campaigns in my opinion and it's all downhill from Battlefield 3 onwards lol

I dnt understand all the complaints about the 70 bucks . A new game on release is always around that price . Considering u pay 70 bucks for a all single player only game where u play the story once or twice and that's it 100 to 200 hours . If u play it a second time that is . I rather spend 70 bucks on battlefield MP only since there is never a end of the game. U get so much hours and content for 70 bucks.  Much more then in a single player game so I'm confused about that statement.  I am pretty sure they not gonna release paid for dlcs since they didn't do it on bf 5 either but most likely battle passes or something like that , which any multiplayer game nowadays does for the simple reason that it works.  If not so many ppl would do it , it wouldn't be so popular . 

22 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Actually Battlefield 2: Modern Combat was the first one to have a campaign. Bad Company 1 and Bad Company 2 are the only good Battlefield campaigns in my opinion and it's all downhill from Battlefield 3 onwards lol

Oh i didnt know that. lol But my point is that it started as an online pvp game :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DividedByMankind said:

You do relise Battlefield started without campaign right?

But my point is that it started as an online pvp game

I don't think that's a fair point in this instance. The previous seven Battlefield games over the last 13 years have all had single-player campaigns. That's 2/3rds of the series. SP campaigns had become completely normalized and expected. It's totally understandable that people are disappointed over the exclusion.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2021 at 6:37 PM, littleprincessJJ said:

I dnt understand all the complaints about the 70 bucks . A new game on release is always around that price . Considering u pay 70 bucks for a all single player only game where u play the story once or twice and that's it 100 to 200 hours . If u play it a second time that is . I rather spend 70 bucks on battlefield MP only since there is never a end of the game. U get so much hours and content for 70 bucks.  Much more then in a single player game so I'm confused about that statement.  I am pretty sure they not gonna release paid for dlcs since they didn't do it on bf 5 either but most likely battle passes or something like that , which any multiplayer game nowadays does for the simple reason that it works.  If not so many ppl would do it , it wouldn't be so popular . 

Hours? maybe. Content? Don't make me laugh. Battlefield "content" is like 10 guns, 7 vehicles, 5 maps and 3 modes, if you don't include the campaign. And then 4 more maps and 5 more guns with 50$ season pass.  They are robbing us. 

Never touched a Battlefield game on this account, but have played a bit before at a friends house, that honestly sounds weird. But considering how V had so few Campaign trophies and it was a campaign that finished rather quickly I have been told, I am guessing this could be a consistent trend for them to switch to focusing on the multiplayer components of the game.

On 10/06/2021 at 3:47 AM, OmegaRejectz said:

Did you play Battlefield V's campaign? It was actually awful. Even if they had spent 5 minutes of dev time (which they definitely didnt) it would've been time wasted. Battlefield was made for large scale PvP war environments, not singleplayers.

Yes I did and I loved every single bit of it, both the V and BATTLEFIELD 1 War Stories. Great shit.

Edited by fresquinho