Dead Space remastered teased?

eXb1azed23

Y'know, I was actually thinking about a Dead Space remaster the other day. I am really hoping that EA are looking closely at how well regarded and received the Mass Effect trilogy remaster is and are planning on doing the same with the Dead Space trilogy. Fingers crossed, I'd be over the moon if they actually do a remaster.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Whether it’s true or not, I’d say a Dead Space Trilogy remaster is a virtual certainty at some point - not doing it would just be leaving money on the table.

EA surprisingly doesn’t like to do remasters. That might change with the success of Mass Effect but they’ve pretty much always stood by that.

I’d take it with a grain of salt for now.

• Like 1

It's a very high possibility given the recent announcement of the Crysis trilogy for a fall release from EA.

I'm curious though if we do get a remaster would Dead Space 3 still have co-op, given multiplayer was removed from the Mass Effect 3 remaster.

4 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Y'know, I was actually thinking about a Dead Space remaster the other day. I am really hoping that EA are looking closely at how well regarded and received the Mass Effect trilogy remaster is and are planning on doing the same with the Dead Space trilogy. Fingers crossed, I'd be over the moon if they actually do a remaster.

Same, Dead Space 1 was my first game I played and platinumed  on this profile. Can't tell you how many times over I've either platinumed on alternate profiles or 100% on the 360

Side note, how do you quote multiple people on one post? I've been reading these threads for years but barely post so not sure how to do a lot of forum stuff

2 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

EA surprisingly doesn’t like to do remasters. That might change with the success of Mass Effect but they’ve pretty much always stood by that.

I’d take it with a grain of salt for now.

They've been getting a little better with NFS hot pursuit remastered and (I think) Burnout Paradise. There was an article last year I think that said EA was considering remastering some old franchises. Hopefully with ME they see the money they can still make on our favorite titles

5 minutes ago, Null_Spectre said:

It's a very high possibility given the recent announcement of the Crysis trilogy for a fall release from EA.

I'm curious though if we do get a remaster would Dead Space 3 still have co-op, given multiplayer was removed from the Mass Effect 3 remaster.

Co-op was so baked into Dead Space 3 I don't see how they could do without it.  There were those areas you needed a partner to access, etc.

Man, a Dead Space remaster (especially the first one) would be awesome.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jh7459 said:

Co-op was so baked into Dead Space 3 I don't see how they could do without it.  There were those areas you needed a partner to access, etc.

It's been so long since I played 3 and (IMO) was crap and completely forgettable so I don't remember was co op online only or was there split screen too?

I agree about 1 tho, 2 would be cool to have but the first one is all I really need

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Anyone know what Bluepoint is up to?

The rumours are that Bluepoint are doing Metal Gear Solid 1.

Even if those rumours dont amount to anything, I doubt they will work with EA. They seem to very much be working with Sony.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eXb1azed23 said:

It's been so long since I played 3 and (IMO) was crap and completely forgettable so I don't remember was co op online only or was there split screen too?

I agree about 1 tho, 2 would be cool to have but the first one is all I really need

I believe it was online only.  I don't remember any split screen option.

1 minute ago, Silocia said:

Even if those rumours dont amount to anything, I doubt they will work with EA. They seem to very much be working with Sony.

Good point - I had a look at their games on their site, and it’s very Sony-centric - more so than I realised!

22 minutes ago, eXb1azed23 said:

Side note, how do you quote multiple people on one post?

It's the plus sign at the bottom left of a post. tzU9Qw6.png?1

Click it and any other posts you want to quote. LJjncE6.png?2

Then select the pop-up in the bottom right corner. GlYPOsU.png?1

Edited by Helyx
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Leo Leopold Leon III said:

pretty sure the Origin listing was leaked recently, we are getting the remaster of the first game but for $70 and Deluxe edition for I think it was $119

Pff, I love dead space but no way in hell would I spend $70 for a remaster. Shit, I wouldn't even spend $70 for the trilogy.

• Like 1

Oh dead space was sooo underrated game , I am happy to remaster it , two hours ago I was watching a YouTube video about it & then seen this just WOW.

51 minutes ago, jh7459 said:

The first one was masterpiece period. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Leo Leopold Leon III said:

we are getting the remaster of the first game but for $70 and Deluxe edition for I think it was $119

I'd be happy to pay $70 just knowing Dead Space 2 & 3 weren't included.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Null_Spectre said:

Crytek is self-publishing Crysis trilogy. Original releases were through EA Partners, which meant Crytek kept the IP rights and that the publishing term had an expiration. I wouldn't use that as any indication for anything related to EA's plans.

1 minute ago, Helyx said:

I mean any remaster for a game should has drop in prices since we won't get major things that will be changed , like two days ago I pre ordered ninja gaiden collection on PS4 with 49.99$ that's for me a reasonable price including 1,2 & 3 . 

14 minutes ago, Helyx said:

2 was good but not an excellent like first one . 3 was meh ok & that's why dead space fell out of the map cuz of 3 .

Dead Space is one of few horror games I have played but man it was a hell of a ride. Never got around to the sequels so I would love a remaster trilogy. 

Same story for Resistance, definitely need these 6 games remastered so I can play them back to back like I am with Mass Effect right now.