Region Question

Hi I have a US disc vesion of Final Fantasy VII Remake and  PSN version, don't know if they are clashing, but I can't upgrade to the ps5 version.

I live in South Africa, I assume I connect to eu servers. Disc is US so I hope they not region blocking me to upgrade?

1 hour ago, Biocide3000 said:

Hi I have a US disc vesion of Final Fantasy VII Remake and  PSN version, don't know if they are clashing, but I can't upgrade to the ps5 version.

I live in South Africa, I assume I connect to eu servers. Disc is US so I hope they not region blocking me to upgrade?

Yes, the problem is that you have a US disc, but an EU account. Try creating a US account and I believe you should be able to then download the free upgrade through that account (but still *play* the upgrade on your usual EU account, as long as both accounts are on the same PS5).

16 hours ago, Mr_Bandicoot93 said:

Wow well ok. Maybe I buy the digital ps4 game on each store so i can get a free upgrade. I want every trophie of this masterpiece

Is it really a “free” upgrade if your starting point is buying the digital game 4 times at full price?

42 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

Yes, the problem is that you have a US disc, but an EU account. Try creating a US account and I believe you should be able to then download the free upgrade through that account (but still *play* the upgrade on your usual EU account, as long as both accounts are on the same PS5).

Edited by Biocide3000
worked like a charm, thanks