Delisted from EU, JP, KR & NA Stores in May-June 2021 | Returned with new trophy list in June 2021

Looks like the game was delisted around May 28, 2021 (according to PlatPrices.com), it was last on sale on May 13, 2021. The game is now only available on retail disc. I contacted Frogwares for confirmation, but they have not replied. This is the third Frogwares PS4 game to be delisted. Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments was delisted in 2019 but made it's return (with a new trophy list) a few months later in January 2020 when Frogwares self-published the game. The Sinking City was delisted in 2020 but returned in 2021. So this will probably return at some point.

Update:

• Store page(s) have been removed.
  • Korean version was delisted somewhere between June 7 - 9, 2021. I saw it for sale on Sunday.
  • The game was also removed from PS Now between June 7 - 9, 2021.
  • Japanese version was delisted on June 10, 2021.
  • Available on Hong Kong store (US version).

COMIC-BOOK.jpg

Edited by FallenRyan
  • Like 1

It's also gone from the Xbox store but it's still on Steam. I imagine Frogwares have managed to get the license off BigBen (NACON) and are planning on re-releasing it soon. Either that or NACON have just decided to pull it in spite of the lawsuit which is still ongoing.

I'm close to the PR for them so I'll drop him an email and see if he can get any more info from them - but, I presume they'll put out a statement in the next day or so as they're usually open about what's happening. 

12 minutes ago, turniplord said:

It's also gone from the Xbox store but it's still on Steam. I imagine Frogwares have managed to get the license off BigBen (NACON) and are planning on re-releasing it soon. Either that or NACON have just decided to pull it in spite of the lawsuit which is still ongoing.

I'm close to the PR for them so I'll drop him an email and see if he can get any more info from them - but, I presume they'll put out a statement in the next day or so as they're usually open about what's happening. 

If you don’t mind, could you please also ask them if Magrunner: Dark Pulse is ever coming back? It was pulled in 2019 (I think) due to a dispute with their publisher and I read something saying they couldn’t get it back on the Xbox Store but were trying to get it back on PSN. But that was from awhile ago. There’s no physical for it and I’d love to play it on PS3. As of now it’s only available on Steam because I think they self-published it on PC. 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y

18 minutes ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

If you don’t mind, could you please also ask them if Magrunner: Dark Pulse is ever coming back? It was pulled in 2019 (I think) due to a dispute with their publisher and I read something saying they couldn’t get it back on the Xbox Store but were trying to get it back on PSN. But that was from awhile ago. There’s no physical for it and I’d love to play it on PS3. As of now it’s only available on Steam because I think they self-published it on PC. 

If it's a PS3 game then I highly doubt they can as Sony won't be taking any new PS3 submissions anymore and if it was pulled by the publisher, they'd be the only ones who could reinstate it (again, if Sony allows it).

The only other option would be for them to 'remaster' or port it to the PS4/5. But, they're not a massive company and they're hard at work on their episodic Sherlock Holmes games, so I don't think they'll be focused on anything else for a while. Re-releasing The Devil's Daughter shouldn't be too bad though, the game is already working on the PS4 so it'll just be a case of striping BigBen from the title card and re-submitting it - as long as they have the publishing rights back.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, maormaor13 said:

They also delisted the very first Sherlock game, the testament of Sherlock Holmes PS3, I remember buying both versions in 2017 I think a few days before it was delisted.

Man I wish first game would return to the store I'd buy it.   Disk copy pretty hard to find cheap

26 minutes ago, turniplord said:

If it's a PS3 game then I highly doubt they can as Sony won't be taking any new PS3 submissions anymore and if it was pulled by the publisher, they'd be the only ones who could reinstate it (again, if Sony allows it).

The only other option would be for them to 'remaster' or port it to the PS4/5. But, they're not a massive company and they're hard at work on their episodic Sherlock Holmes games, so I don't think they'll be focused on anything else for a while. Re-releasing The Devil's Daughter shouldn't be too bad though, the game is already working on the PS4 so it'll just be a case of striping BigBen from the title card and re-submitting it - as long as they have the publishing rights back.

Thanks for the info. I figured it was unlikely. Guess I’ll have to cross my fingers for a remaster at some point. It’s odd though, last time I checked the page for the game (and a downloadable trailer) is still on the PS3 Store. There’s just no way to actually purchase it anymore. 

The first Sherlock Holmes game was already hard to get. I ended up having to rent it. As someone who played it and finished it I can tell you it runs like a piece of shit on the PS3. Stick with Crimes & Punishments and The Devils Daughter. They're a lot better.

I've had a reply, but it's a non-official response so I don't think I can post it - Frogwares will be making an announcement soon (I imagine).

However, it's a very similar situation to what happened with Crimes & Punishments, so there's a good chance it'll return soon (with a new trophy list) - but it'll probably take a few months to be resolved. 

The Asian version (HK) has just got an update, version 1.01! 

All it says is the Copywrite screen has been updated. I imagine that means it's changed from BigBen to NACON. But, why has that one remained up when all the others have been pulled? Maybe Frogwares has managed to claim the other versions but not that region yet? Guess we'll find out soon.

• 2 weeks later...