What a mess of a game...

aceman131

I have to say after playing this game for a few hours today, I can wholeheartedly say this is the worst rally racing game I've ever played. The FPS dips down to like 20 periodically which becomes extremely nauseating rather quickly. Also, the game likes to randomly crash or freeze whenever it decides to.(usually after completing an event or loading into one). My last gripe with this turd is the physics. I wish I had footage of my "explorer" run due to all the glitches I encountered. Several times I'd be about to flip my car expecting to roll over and recover. only to be slingshot like 20-30 FT vertically into the air. If you're looking for a good rally sim, This ain't it Chief, I'd highly recommend the dirt franchise those games are amazing compared to this.

• Like 2

I'm playing the Vita version right now and that one is also a hot pile of garbage. Extremely weak visuals, horrible driving physics, very unstable frame rate with frequent crashes to the Vita's main menu. Yeah, it's a complete mess, lol. It one of the worst rally racing experiences I've ever had.

This was a rough moment for the WRC franchise as they had just changed developers, from Milestone S.r.l. to Kylotonn Games, the ones who are in charge of the franchise right now. To be fair to Kylotonn Games, WRC 5 on the PS4 is mediocre as well but still passable compared to the horrendous Vita version. Their latest games are better, probably nowhere near the DiRT franchise in terms of quality but I had a fair amount of fun with the games they did after WRC 5.

Thanks for the heads up on WRC on PS3. I still haven't gotten to that one yet but now I know I'm in for quite an experience on it, lol. xD

Ah, that is unfortunate. WRC 6 is likely the only Rally game I will be playing, and for what I paid for it at a really cheap price, it is not terrible. But @Honor_Hand makes a good point with the development team switch for the franchise.

• Like 1