irusjayd

Looking to buy some Forgotten Gems

56 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Alpha Protocol is interesting, for sure, and has some cool narrative elements, but it's a tough recommend because it's such a technical mess on PS3, and pretty broken in terms of it's balancing different builds.

Technical mess on PS3? I have played it like 20 times on PS3 and obviously platinumed it too, and the only technical problem I ever had was the game hard freezing once or twice, needing to restart the console - that's it.

I agree about the brokenness build wise - the right way is playing stealthy and upgrading stealth and pistols. Of course if you don't like stealth this game is not for you.

Enslaved Odyssey to the West was a lot of fun I would highly recommend it and the plat is pretty easy just kind of annoying with the collectibles.  It's a really fun action adventure game plus it has the master of motion capture acting Andy Serkis portraying the main character.

Spec Ops The Line was a pretty fun shooter and had a surprisingly good story attached to it.  I did not attempt the plat but I hear its pretty rough.

Back to the Future and Tales of Monkey Island were both pretty entertaining early Telltale games.  A bit more goofy than most of their later titles but still very solid and underrated point and click adventures.

Far Cry Blood Dragon is by far the best far cry mini expansion game or whatever you want to call it.  Over the top and hilarious if you're a fan of cheesy 80's action movies you'll love it.

It seems that lollipop chainsaw was really liked by this community. i will look into getting it this week, hopefully. 

For me I would say

Wet is underrated. It's not perfect and trophy wise it is incredibly difficult,  but it's got fun gameplay and great style.

Enslaved- was good. A little grindy and a lot of orbs to collect. Beautiful and the traversal was pretty fun. 

puppeteer- is a fun platformer, great design and atmosphere, but the collectibles suck ass.  you basically have to play through the first four chapter to get all of the superpowers then go and start from chapter 1 to get all the collectibles. and, of course, some aren't trackable. but the game is easy and wouldn't take long to finish.

Remember me- It was a great game that didn't really deliver on its trailers. The erasing/ changing memories portion of the game should've been expanded on, but the story graphics, gameplays and setting was fantastic. It was an easy platinum, but with most games you'd have to follow a collectibles guide.

Condemned 2: Bloodshot. Can't believe no one mentioned it yet. It's a great game, even if the second half could be better.

Armored Core For Answer. I fucking love Armored Core and the games don't get enough love.

The Godfather Don's Edition. It not AMAZING, but it is a very good GTA style open world game that really goes all in with the movie license and makes the best of it.