[Video] Messiah will not come trophy

Karhos

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got this trophy after a couple hours of trying, Neither Pot nor Anji cheese worked for me, so here's what I did - use Ky Grabs-a-lot. 

Use the pause buffer trick, bait his Fukyo as much as possible, and when he's next to you, grab him. Do this until he's stunned, then do a homing jump for some extra damage.
USE HIS HEAVY PROJECTILE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE AFTER GRABBING NAGO. You can often bait him into taking the hit, which opens Nago up to some more free damage (either a combo, combo into overdrive (wallbreaks help SO MUCH) or run up for another grab). After his Zanzetsu is an opportunity to run up for another grab, as well as some other moves of his that leave him open,

USE FAULTLESS DEFENSE. That chip damage is gonna be annoying af to deal with otherwise.

STALL THAT MOTHERFUCKER. You DO NOT need to deplete his HP, you can win a round by having more HP than him when the timer goes off.

Don't forget you get infinite retries by having him kill you both rounds, which also applies to Extreme arcade as a whole. 

Hopefully this will help other people. Now, I'm gonna have the best dreams in a while with this feeling of victory. Fuck you Nago (even though you're main).

• 4 months later...

I got this a couple of days ago with Potemkin. Pause buffering helps a ton, but after you lose enough, you should be able to tell what he's going to do and not need to rely on it so much.

Pretty much just paused the game when he used Fuyo (teleport) and either command grabbed him with Potemkin Buster (if I was behind and knew he would not teleport behind me) or would do a simple :triangle: :triangle: :circle: or crouch :square: :square: :square: (if he's going to grab or launch me, less start up frames). 

When he's stunned, I Potemkin Bustered him or if I was close to the corner do crouch :circle: into his air grab to launch him into a wall break. If I had a lot of meter, I'd do the :triangle: :triangle: :circle: and red Roman cancel into the air grab for a little more damage, but typically didn't find it a big difference maker as saving meter for guarding saved me more health than the extra damage.

With that being said, USE FLAUNTLESS DEFENSE as much as possible. You can beat him by timing out almost every round by doing it. I was able to time him out with 3/4 of my health by playing safe and being very defensive. The key to winning is taking advantage of the moments you daze him so use a character that you can do big damage combos with.

Potemkin is a great character for big damage, but I also think Ky is a perfect character for this too. One of his supers can create wall breaks from almost mid screen so if you are not very good with combos or button inputs, this would be your best bet. I would say Ky, Anji (as shown in the video), or Potemkin are the best choices for those not good at fighting games. Sol is great too if you are good with combos as you could really punish him when stunned, but you'll likely need to spend time in the dojo. The same could probably be said for several other characters too. I am really curious about someone using Axl for it and see if you can lame him out and zone him. I wonder if the same could be said about Happy Chaos too.

The only characters I would say to stay away from is Chipp and Nago. Chipp has great combo and attack potential, but has the lowest health in the game which means you have to be really careful and can't really screw up. Not as hard as Nago, but definitely not the easiest character to use for this. And doing it as Nago in a mirror match is extremely difficult and probably the worst character to use. If you build up your blood gauge, the boss gets a free hit/combo off on you which makes it almost impossible to win in a timeout which is clearly your best win condition with the boss's massive amounts of health. You pretty much have to rely on triangle attacks, grabs, and the non-blood super. It also doesn't help that Nago isn't very mobile AND does not have a double jump.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's definitely easier to do with some characters, but you don't have to use Anji. I'd personally recommend using the character you are most familiar with and know good combos with. And as I said, Ky and Potemkin are great as long as you can use their supers/command grabs.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1