Corrupted profile?

Jinxcendant-XIII

Hi I was loading some trophy lists on my ps4 when I got an error and it signed me out, when I was back on my trophy list for a few games that I was loading don't say the name of the game in my profile (grey box with controller icon instead of the game picture) is there a way to fix this so they appear normally?, this happened to me before maybe I'm loading to many games to quickly?

11 minutes ago, Jinxcendant-XIII said:

Also forgot to mention that my trophies won't sync keep getting error NP-32098-2 so I'd assume that will be fixed if I deleted my account?

You will lose any unsync'd trophies. You'll also lose save files (back them up to cloud first) & any screenshots.

Just make sure you create a new, temporary profile before deleting your current one, assuming it's the only one on the system, otherwise it will basically factory reset the PS4 (it will warn you of this). Then re-create your profile after deleting it, and delete the temp profile afterwards.

You'll lose almost everything that isn't just your installed/downloaded games; saves, screenshots, videos, etc. and some settings will also reset themselves, so make sure to back everything up that you care about. You'll have to back up screenshots and videos to a USB stick. Sadly, there's no way to get your trophy screenshots back on your trophy lists though. Can't remember if it deletes your downloaded themes or not, don't think it does, but don't quote me on that.

It's a real pain the ass and it's a shame it seems to be such a common issue on PS4. Never had this issue on PS3 or Vita, or any Xbox.

I had this the other day.. everything everyone has said is spot on.. backup all your saves.. make sure there’s another profile on your console. 

Then delete your account off the console, and then sign back in.

It’s the trophy data on your console that is messed up. Fresh trophy data will be downloaded with your account. 

Okay Is this what I got to do?

1) back up my saves to the PS+ cloud

2) create another user on the PS4 (not another ID)

3) delete the corrupted profile/user (my current one) 

4) go to new user and sign in again with my ID

5) when signed back in with my ID activate the account on PS4 as primary?

6) restore my licenses for games so I can play them?

7) Download saves from cloud 

8) Download games again?

Can someone confirm this is the correct order to do things please 

Edited by Jinxcendant-XIII

7 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Just make sure you create a new, temporary profile before deleting your current one, assuming it's the only one on the system, otherwise it will basically factory reset the PS4 (it will warn you of this). Then re-create your profile after deleting it, and delete the temp profile afterwards.

You'll lose almost everything that isn't just your installed/downloaded games; saves, screenshots, videos, etc. and some settings will also reset themselves, so make sure to back everything up that you care about. You'll have to back up screenshots and videos to a USB stick. Sadly, there's no way to get your trophy screenshots back on your trophy lists though. Can't remember if it deletes your downloaded themes or not, don't think it does, but don't quote me on that.

It's a real pain the ass and it's a shame it seems to be such a common issue on PS4. Never had this issue on PS3 or Vita, or any Xbox.

So just to be clear, I'll have to create another user profile on my PS4 before deleting my main corrupted user? so when I delete my corrupted user I can go to the new created user and log in to playstation network with my main corrupted PSN ID details? 

1 hour ago, Jinxcendant-XIII said:

So just to be clear, I'll have to create another user profile on my PS4 before deleting my main corrupted user? so when I delete my corrupted user I can go to the new created user and log in to playstation network with my main corrupted PSN ID details? 

I don't think you can have 2 active profiles with the same PSN account, so you'd have to create a new profile, delete your current corrupted profile, then either sign in to your PSN account on that newly created profile, or create yet another new one and sign into that from the start. Pretty sure I did the latter, but I doubt it matters much either way, just as long as you have another profile on your system before you delete the corrupted profile.

When I got this issue on my PS4 about 2 years ago now, I followed the steps posted here. 100% fixed the issue for me, was just a hassle having to back everything up and re-add everything back afterwards. It also deleted my folders so I had to re-create those. It pretty much reset almost everything but all my installed/downloaded games remained thankfully.

I'll copy and paste the relevant bits below:

01 - Back up your Save Data either to PS Plus Cloud Storage or to a USB or External HDD. Take your time doing this, as your on system saves are about to be wiped.

02 - Once you are ready to proceed, log out of your PS4 with your main account. Select the option to create a new account. You can skip logging into PSN and all the other stuff. Once you get the main menu, go to SETTINGS > LOGIN SETTINGS > USER MANAGEMENT > DELETE USER. (Make sure you have all your backups done before proceeding). Select your main account and delete it. Log out of the PS4 again.

03 - Select the option to create a new account. This time however, log in with your main account login details. Once you get the main menu, go to SETTINGS > ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT > RESTORE LICENCES. This should head off any issues when starting previously played games. You might also want to check the ACTIVATE AS YOUR PRIMARY PS4 option in the menu above RESTORE LICENCES, but that shouldn't have been changed by deleting your profile. Now all that's left to do is to recover all your save data backups and you should be good to go.

04 - One last thing to remember; all your system settings will have been reset to the default settings, so you may want to have a look through the settings menu's to make sure everything is set up how you like it.

8 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

I don't think you can have 2 active profiles with the same PSN account, so you'd have to create a new profile, delete your current corrupted profile, then either sign in to your PSN account on that newly created profile, or create yet another new one and sign into that from the start. Pretty sure I did the latter, but I doubt it matters much either way, just as long as you have another profile on your system before you delete the corrupted profile.

When I got this issue on my PS4 about 2 years ago now, I followed the steps posted here. 100% fixed the issue for me, was just a hassle having to back everything up and re-add everything back afterwards. It also deleted my folders so I had to re-create those. It pretty much reset almost everything but all my installed/downloaded games remained thankfully.

I'll copy and paste the relevant bits below:

01 - Back up your Save Data either to PS Plus Cloud Storage or to a USB or External HDD. Take your time doing this, as your on system saves are about to be wiped.

02 - Once you are ready to proceed, log out of your PS4 with your main account. Select the option to create a new account. You can skip logging into PSN and all the other stuff. Once you get the main menu, go to SETTINGS > LOGIN SETTINGS > USER MANAGEMENT > DELETE USER. (Make sure you have all your backups done before proceeding). Select your main account and delete it. Log out of the PS4 again.

03 - Select the option to create a new account. This time however, log in with your main account login details. Once you get the main menu, go to SETTINGS > ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT > RESTORE LICENCES. This should head off any issues when starting previously played games. You might also want to check the ACTIVATE AS YOUR PRIMARY PS4 option in the menu above RESTORE LICENCES, but that shouldn't have been changed by deleting your profile. Now all that's left to do is to recover all your save data backups and you should be good to go.

04 - One last thing to remember; all your system settings will have been reset to the default settings, so you may want to have a look through the settings menu's to make sure everything is set up how you like it.

Just to double check, I have to logout of my main account first, then in the new user account go to settings to delete my main corrupted account, then log out of that user, then create another user then log in with my PSN account details?

6 hours ago, Jinxcendant-XIII said:

Just to double check, I have to logout of my main account first, then in the new user account go to settings to delete my main corrupted account, then log out of that user, then create another user then log in with my PSN account details?

Yes.

2 hours ago, Jinxcendant-XIII said:

Just recreated my profile, but trophies are still corrupted when I go onto my profile, I really hope that would have been fixed :(

Corrupted how? Are you still getting an error code? As @SnowxSakura suggested, you may need to earn a trophy in whatever game(s) were giving you issues previously. Also, if possible, try starting a game you haven't previously synced any trophy list for. See if the game logs you out with an error, and/or if the trophy list syncs normally. If the game starts normally and the trophy list can be synced, it should mean the issue is resolved, hopefully. May be worth starting a few games just to be sure, if at all possible. You could always temporarily download some free-to-play games with trophy lists if need be, and just delete them and their lists afterwards.

2 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Yes.

Corrupted how? Are you still getting an error code? As @SnowxSakura suggested, you may need to earn a trophy in whatever game(s) were giving you issues previously. Also, if possible, try starting a game you haven't previously synced any trophy list for. See if the game logs you out with an error, and/or if the trophy list syncs normally. If the game starts normally and the trophy list can be synced, it should mean the issue is resolved, hopefully. May be worth starting a few games just to be sure, if at all possible. You could always temporarily download some free-to-play games with trophy lists if need be, and just delete them and their lists afterwards.

They are still showing up as a grey box with controller icon in the centre with no game name visible 

20 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Yes.

Just tried that and the trophy list loaded in the trophies but still comes up grey in my profile

46 minutes ago, Jinxcendant-XIII said:

They are still showing up as a grey box with controller icon in the centre with no game name visible 

26 minutes ago, Jinxcendant-XIII said:

Just tried that and the trophy list loaded in the trophies but still comes up grey in my profile

You mean when you click on your profile, and go over to "games" on the left hand side? Some games just appear that way, it's usually when they're still new or pre-release, but some never seem to get the correct image/name associated with them. I recently installed Persona 5 Strikers and it appears like this under my profile, as well as some other games like Katamari Damacy Reroll. It doesn't mean anything is corrupted, I think it's more a server-side issue; Sony or the devs seemingly just never updated those games to display their image and/or name.

If ALL your games are showing like that however, it's either a very weird coincidence, or it could be you need to rebuild your database. I remember once my profile was just refusing to load, even after fully rebooting the system, and the only thing that fixed it was a database rebuild. You lose nothing if you rebuild the database aside from folders, and it's generally a much quicker process than re-creating your profile, but it can take a while if you have a lot of games installed.

Edited by SuperSmexy500

3 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

You mean when you click on your profile, and go over to "games" on the left hand side? Some games just appear that way, it's usually when they're still new or pre-release, but some never seem to get the correct image/name associated with them. I recently installed Persona 5 Strikers and it appears like this under my profile, as well as some other games like Katamari Damacy Reroll. It doesn't mean anything is corrupted, I think it's more a server-side issue; Sony or the devs seemingly just never updated those games to display their image and/or name.

If ALL your games are showing like that however, it's either a very weird coincidence, or it could be you need to rebuild your database. I remember once my profile was just refusing to load, even after fully rebooting the system, and the only thing that fixed it was a database rebuild. You lose nothing if you rebuild the database aside from folders, and it's generally a much quicker process than re-creating your profile, but it can take a while if you have a lot of games installed.

Yes its so annoying

1 hour ago, Jinxcendant-XIII said:

Yes its so annoying

It is annoying just seeing random grey boxes with controller icons there, yeah, especially wedged in between games that do have their images correctly displayed. Unfortunately, not much you can do because some games are just like that. But as I said, if all your games are displayed like that, it may be worth trying a database rebuild to see if that resolves it.

The "games" tab on the profile has always been kinda glitchy, there's been times where new games you start just won't even be added to it. It's always been a PSN issue, and does eventually get resolved, but any games you started while it wasn't adding new ones never get added unless you boot them up again. It's also annoying how things like soundtracks and digital art books somehow also end up in "games" sometimes.

• 10 months later...

I have this error np-32098-2.
I noticed this when I unlocked trophies twice on the Hotel Transylvania 3 and Dragon Quest Builders 2 games and the new ones were not synchronized.
However, I launched another game to test (Steredenn) and the trophies synchronize.
I figured out that I need to upload my saves into the cloud and recreate my profile.
My question is: when I go to download my savegames. What will happen to my two current games. Do the trophies autopop? Or, nothing will happen and it is better to start all over again on a new save? According to the screenshots, the trophies not unlocked are not related to the story of the game but to an specific action.
Thanks in advance.

10 minutes ago, Nerillio said:

I have this error np-32098-2.
I noticed this when I unlocked trophies twice on the Hotel Transylvania 3 and Dragon Quest Builders 2 games and the new ones were not synchronized.
However, I launched another game to test (Steredenn) and the trophies synchronize.
I figured out that I need to upload my saves into the cloud and recreate my profile.
My question is: when I go to download my savegames. What will happen to my two current games. Do the trophies autopop? Or, nothing will happen and it is better to start all over again on a new save? According to the screenshots, the trophies not unlocked are not related to the story of the game but to an specific action.
Thanks in advance.

Any unsynced trophies will immediately auto-pop on loading your saves and put you at risk of being flagged for cheating, therefore it's best to delete those saves and start over from scratch.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Any unsynced trophies will immediately auto-pop on loading your saves and put you at risk of being flagged for cheating, therefore it's best to delete those saves and start over from scratch.

OK. Thanks a lot for your answer HuntingFever.
I checked again my screenshots that I saved on a usb key and I have only one new trophy per game. (The others which unlocked twice, I had already synchronized them on psnprofiles)

I will still follow your advice.