FFVII Remake Intergrade - Trophy Question

Gnorizon

I'm hoping someone can answer this for me before I jump in! I platinumed FFVII Remake on the PS4. I also understand, that those whom owned the PS4 version can potentially upgrade for free, and then just purchase the expansion for "Intergrade." My question is this: Is it a seperate Trophy list? I don't care if the trophies auto-pop, or there isn't a seperate list at all, but I'm just trying to prepare myself, for whether or not I'll have to re-earn all the trophies again on the PS5, or if I will just have to earn the Intergrade ones.

Someone who has upgraded, please let me know - thanks!

Edited by Gnorizon
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gnorizon said:

I'm hoping someone can answer this for me before I jump in! I platinumed FFVII Remake on the PS4. I also understand, that those whom owned the PS4 version can potentially upgrade for free, and then just purchase the expansion for "Intergrade." My question is this: Is it a seperate Trophy list? I don't care if the trophies auto-pop, or there isn't a seperate list at all, but I'm just trying to prepare myself, for whether or not I'll have to re-earn all the trophies again on the PS5, or if I will just have to earn the Intergrade ones.

Someone who has upgraded, please let me know - thanks!

As long as you upload your save from the PS4 version of the game and use it on the PS5 version, you'll auto-pop the entire main game's trophy list. 

The Intergrade DLC is indeed an additional DLC list outside of the platinum. You'll need to purchase it and earn those trophies, even if you auto-pop the main list.

Hope that answers your questions ?

• Like 2

So I'll get double the trophies due to the auto-pop, but effectively, I will have the Intergrade trophies as add-on trophies (not required for the platinum, but just the 100%). Will those trophies apply backwards to both the PS4 and PS5 lists then? Or are those extras only on a "PS5 List?"

Edited by Gnorizon

5 minutes ago, Gnorizon said:

So I'll get double the trophies due to the auto-pop, but effectively, I will have the Intergrade trophies as add-on trophies (not required for the platinum, but just the 100%). Will those trophies apply backwards to both the PS4 and PS5 lists then? Or are those extras only on a "PS5 List?"

Effectively yeah, and the Intergrade Yuffie DLC is PS5 exclusive so it will only appear on the PS5 list.

• Like 1

That’s pretty awesome. I got a question myself. I platinum the game on PS4 already. I wanted to actually start fresh with the ps5 just for the main story. Can I upload my save from PS4 to the ps5 after I finish playing the story or will it give me problems because I already have a save file on the ps5? Meaning can I overwrite the ps5 version with my PS4 save 

3 minutes ago, stevie992 said:

I wanted to actually start fresh with the ps5 just for the main story. Can I upload my save from PS4 to the ps5 after I finish playing the story or will it give me problems because I already have a save file on the ps5? Meaning can I overwrite the ps5 version with my PS4 save 

Won't cause any problems. After you download the save file, it asks you which save file you'd like to save it on, so you don't even need to overwrite anything.

My issue with the whole PS4 game having a new PS5 list is I HAVE to get the platinum over on PS4 first to minimize having to essentially doing both trophy lists if I already started it on PS4 which is the case with FF7R. I wish there was a way to send saves back to pop the trophy list on PS4 as well. I am going to play Intermission first but I am annoyed I will have to play the PS4 ver to minimize redoing hard.... or am I missing something?

15 minutes ago, RedWolfCrusader said:

I am going to play Intermission first but I am annoyed I will have to play the PS4 ver to minimize redoing hard.... or am I missing something?

Cheeky answer would be that you’re missing out on taking advantage of the 14 months in which you could have earned the plat since the game released

But no, in terms of the logistical steps you’re bang on the money. Save transfer is one-way, so unless you want to platinum things twice it’s more efficient to stick with the last-gen version

1 hour ago, RedWolfCrusader said:

My issue with the whole PS4 game having a new PS5 list is I HAVE to get the platinum over on PS4 first to minimize having to essentially doing both trophy lists if I already started it on PS4 which is the case with FF7R. I wish there was a way to send saves back to pop the trophy list on PS4 as well. I am going to play Intermission first but I am annoyed I will have to play the PS4 ver to minimize redoing hard.... or am I missing something?

Nobody 'HAS' to do anything. You're not forced to platinum the game, that's a choice and requirement you're imposing on yourself.

You could just hide the PS4 trophies for the game, import your save, and finish it on the PS5, only having ht ePS5 list showing if you care about having every game at 100%

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turniplord said:

Nobody 'HAS' to do anything. You're not forced to platinum the game, that's a choice and requirement you're imposing on yourself.

You could just hide the PS4 trophies for the game, import your save, and finish it on the PS5, only having ht ePS5 list showing if you care about having every game at 100%

well clearly I want to do it right lol 

• Like 1