Price a bit steep!

8 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Just get physical and then sell it on afterwards. If ur quick, u are not losing much at all then. 

These prices are taking the Michael though

Exactly this although I havent decided if I am keeping it or selling. This is why I buy every game physically as far as possible. Also I personally can't wait for most Sony exclusives i'm interested in so ill buy em regardless of price. (Exception being returnal since thats somewhat broken and I dont have the time currently to dedicate to getting good/playing in long sittings)

Unfortunately, $70 is the new normal.  Hate to sound like an ad, but I'd really recommend GameFly.  Since May 1st I've gotten a ton of game variety in with the trial and now on the 2 game plan.  Don't sleep on that $7 tax either, because it adds up.  If there aren't that many games you really really want to keep it's a great service.

Miles Morales $50 - Also steep for only a 20 hour plat imo.

Sackboy $60 - Co-op is great.

Returnal $70 - Would've regretted it. So mf hard

Pokemon Snap $60 - Would've regretted it. Got monotonous fast.

Ratchet and Clank $70 - On the way, but I don't expect more than 30 hours of it from myself.

Nintendo Switch launch titles are still pretty much all $60 four years later with one sale a year, so we could have it much worse.

4 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

The base price for games may be cheaper on an inflation adjusted basis. But once you start to stack on micro transactions and DLC and season passes they soon catch up

That is a fair point to some extend, dlc with a substantial amount of game content added can justify a 20$ price tag without a problem in my opinion. Sure if you go for the cash grabs and gatcha stuff the prices rise into astronomical heights but here again it is a personal choice to empty a wallet on cosmetics.

And it wasn't called dlc back in the 90s but Capcom for example had no problem selling 3 version of street fighter 2 full price in the span of around 4 years.

So we should be happy with our 20 bucks dlcs and for those with a more limited budget they will eventually learn to handle the day one fomo until the game goes on sale a few month later.

• Like 2

Just now, Fleks_Mhteam said:

That is a fair point to some extend, dlc with a substantial amount of game content added can justify a 20$ price tag without a problem in my opinion. Sure if you go for the cash grabs and gatcha stuff the prices rise into astronomical heights but here again it is a personal choice to empty a wallet on cosmetics.

Ah, the good old “personal choice” defence. Something, something, surprise mechanics right?

• Like 1

Just wait for a sale.  R&C is one of my favorite series of all time but due to my huge backlog, the new game can wait haha.
On the same note, It's much worse being a Nintendo fan.  In my country, their games are still being sold for full price despite how long it had been released, and I assume it's the same in other countries.

Edited by milanbarca82

1 minute ago, milanbarca82 said:

Just wait for a sale.
On the same note, It's much worse being a Nintendo fan.  In my country, their games are still being sold for full price despite how long it had been released, and I assume it's the same in other countries.

Yup! I think first party Nintendo titles are infamous worldwide for never dropping in price

14 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

Ah, the good old “personal choice” defence. Something, something, surprise mechanics right?

In the end we vote with our wallet, and as long as people feel the need to buy overpriced cosmetics, packs of whatever or the same re-skinned game (COD, AC, Sports title X, etc...) each and every year this will continue indefinitely. It's always easy blaming the industry for our own faults.

• Like 3

I won't spend $70 on a single get ever. I can afford to, but why would I? The game is in it's worst state at the highest price. How many times in the past have you bought day one only to shelve it to wait for it to be patched? 

I'm usually a season or so behind on games and I just get them on sale. I don't mind waiting. But those who keep saying to wait for Black Friday to get these PS5 games for $20 are in for a rude awakening as they absolutely WILL NOT be that cheap this year. 

As for the time it takes to plat, that's not a good way to determine value. They didn't even include a trophy for maxing all weapons or completing Challenge Mode (I don't think).

I typically don't play games after I get the plat but I'm sure I'll play this for more than 10 hours anyway as I won't rush through like PowerPyx does.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silocia said:

This thought logic of price being dependant on how many hours a game gives is the dumbest thing.

First of all how many hours someone gets out of the game is dependant on the individual. Its subjective. You might spend 30 hours on a game and I might spend 100.

Would you have happily spent lets say, 200 on Valhalla, clearly 100 hours of gameplay. No, you wouldnt, another thread would have been created crying about the price being too expensive.

Stop being hypocrites and grow up. AAA games at release are 70 now and you just need to get over it, accept it or wait for a sale.

Who pissed on your cornflakes this morning. No ones crying. Just a friendly discussion on a games trophy forum. So of course the trophies do matter or i wouldnt be on this site. 

Ive heard amazing reviews of this game so i will probs suck it up and pay the full price anyway because im a bit short on ps5 games at minute

It wasnt the first thread about pricing and wont be the last.

Alot of people thought miles moreles was overpriced at 50 pound but i do agree high quality games do justify the price

Edited by dannyswfc9
  • Like 2