Cheap upgrade if you own the PS Plus version

7 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Anyone else having an issue and not being able to buy this? It just says "Not available for purchase".

The price shows up as "Free" in search though.

If it's free then that should mean you own the disc or digital version that can be upgraded for free (so you'll want the upgrade option instead). This should only be available to buy if you only have the PS Plus Edition of the game - according to the info on the page.

If it's still not working, they may still be making it active as it only appeared a few hours ago.

14 hours ago, GastNDorf said:

Heh, I’ll upgrade in 10 years when the disk will be as cheap.

For sure, in ten years you can't upgrade anymore, because the game (and the upgrade) is no longer avaible in the store.

A cheer for digital versions and digital stores/consoles *irony*

9 minutes ago, SecondGenesis said:

It says you're not eligible for the free upgrade, not the paid one.

Right, but there is no paid upgrade path. It's either free or you have to pay full price for the PS5 version. It clearly says so in the description.

"if you obtained FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE via PlayStation®Plus Monthly Game then (a) you are not eligible for the free upgrade to PS5™ but (b) you are eligible to purchase FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE"

Edited by Asimb0mb

2 minutes ago, Asimb0mb said:

Right, but there is no paid upgrade path. It's either free or you have to pay full price for the PS5 version. It clearly says so in the description.

Yeah, there is an upgrade path, it's just not live yet.

16 hours ago, turniplord said:

Square Enix has added an upgrade option for those who own the game via PS Plus

You can now upgrade to the PS5 edition for £8.99 here: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0082-PPSA01911_00-2887437947778581

It's a shame it isn't free, but it's better than re-buying the game!

So if we pay to upgrade to the PS5 version and our PS+ runs out do we get to keep it.

2 minutes ago, SecondGenesis said:

Yeah, there is an upgrade path, it's just not live yet.

So if we pay to upgrade to the PS5 version and our PS+ runs out do we get to keep it.

Again, read the description. It clearly states there's no paid upgrade path. See my above edit. I don't know how OP knows that there's a paid upgrade path, but I would like to know his exact source because what he posted doesn't actually say there's a paid upgrade path.

Edited by Asimb0mb

12 minutes ago, Asimb0mb said:

"if you obtained FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE via PlayStation00ae.pngPlus Monthly Game then (a) you are not eligible for the free upgrade to PS52122.png but (b) you are eligible to purchase FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE"

Again, correct, you're not eligible for the FREE upgrade. As you said, it clearly states that.

The PAID upgrade however applies to the PS Plus version. If you already bought the game, be it physical or digital, why would they charge to upgrade?

7 minutes ago, Asimb0mb said:

Again, read the description. It clearly states there's no paid upgrade path. See my above edit. I don't know how OP knows that there's a paid upgrade path, but I would like to know his exact source because what he posted doesn't actually say there's a paid upgrade path.

Ok, you may be right, I'm super confused now. The only reason I know there was a paid upgrade path was this :

https://psprices.com/region-nz/game/4666086/final-fantasy-vii-remake-upgrade-for-ps4-version-owners

Shows as $18NZD or £8.99 as OP said.

Edited by SecondGenesis

And here I went out and bought the disk version the other day for £20.. guess I'll be selling that again and getting this deal

Edit: store page just says I already own it since I got the disk upgrade already. Not a clue how it works

Edited by Nuzzgok

I mean.. I might be blind.. but when I go to that product, it does not state anywhere that it costs 8.99€, nor that it is the paid upgrade for the PS Plus version. Nor do I find any information online about a paid upgrade being available for the PS Plus version of the game in the first place, with even IGN having updated their "how to upgrade" post like an hour ago still stating that the PS+ version cannot be upgraded at all.

In the above product it's just stated that if you got the game via PS+ you can just buy Intergrade (duh). 

Am I missing something?

Edited by Arcesius

3 minutes ago, Nuzzgok said:

And here I went out and bought the disk version the other day for £20.. guess I'll be selling that again and getting this deal

Hold on to it, there might not be an upgrade path for PS+ owners after all.

9 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

I mean.. I might be blind.. but when I go to that product, it does not state anywhere that it costs 8.99€, nor that it is the paid upgrade for the PS Plus version. Nor do I find any information online about a paid upgrade being available for the PS Plus version of the game in the first place, with even IGN having updated their "how to upgrade" post like an hour ago still stating that the PS+ version cannot be upgraded at all.

In the above product it's just stated that if you got the game via PS+ you can just buy Intergrade (duh). 

Am I missing something?

Yeah, I don't think you are missing anything. I saw this listing ~12 hours before this thread. Not sure where the price comes from though.

I think this is some sort of license file that gets automatically "purchased" when you claim the free upgrade from the "..." menu in PS5.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Romikot84 said:

Its states clearly on the buying page , people who got this game in ps plus monthly are not eilegible for the upgrade...

That's the free upgrade, this one did have a price when it first went live but it seems to have been disabled now. But, it was offering the PS5 upgrade to the Ps Plus owners for £8.99

I'll lock the thread as it's clearly not working anymore.