Weird problem on Vita

starcrunch061

So, I’m trying to buy a game, and it prompts me for a password. But when I enter it, it just prompts me again to enter the password.

It’s the right password. Not only did I check it elsewhere, but I don’t get the “incorrect password” notification when I enter the correct one (I do get this if I enter an incorrect passwords). It accepts the password, but then prompts me to enter again.

Any idea what the problem is?

For Vita and PS3 2FA creates a unique password for each device. Log in to

https://id.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/id/management/ with your PSN account.

Go to Security -> 2FA -> Device Setup Password -> Generate new password.

Assign it to your Vita and log in on Vita using your email and that unique password. You have to use it once, on store still use your PSN password.

If all else fails factory reset might help. If you don't format your memory card setting it up again does not take too long.

Edited by Road2unner
  • Like 3

You need to disable 'Require password at checkout'. That broke a while back and is causing the loop asking for your password even when you enter it correctly.

On the store app you can disable it under transaction management --> security. Or you can disable it on the web by signing in, going to account settings --> payment method.

Edited by MrHealthy

45 minutes ago, MrHealthy said:

You need to disable 'Require password at checkout'. That broke a while back and is causing the loop asking for your password even when you enter it correctly.

On the store app you can disable it under transaction management --> security. Or you can disable it on the web by signing in, going to account settings --> payment method.

I already disabled it, but it still requires it. I get a middle step on Vita that asks if I want to put money in my wallet, but that requires a password.

This might not be necessary were I not a cheap bastard who only buys $0.99 games, though. ?

38 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I already disabled it, but it still requires it. I get a middle step on Vita that asks if I want to put money in my wallet, but that requires a password.

This might not be necessary were I not a cheap bastard who only buys $0.99 games, though. 1f603.png

If its not letting you add funds on the vita then you can always add funds on the webstore.