Ultimate Weapon 2.0

JoeNDM

After you beat the DLC, a new combat simulator opens up in Chapter 2 (of the DLC). After you beat the two challenges there, and ultra-hard third challenge unlocks. I haven't gotten through it yet, but I assume that the Pride and Joy Mk 0.5 is the final boss of that third challenge.

Yeah and there’s also an optional new boss added to the main game combat simulator in chapter 17 if I read it right, after beating the dlc. Which is strange that that would unlock the other trophy for the dlc. I just beat dlc but yeah the end stats say there are 3 simulator missions on chapter 2. Which is where the pride and joy fight would be. 

I attempted the fight in the combat simulator and never got close. I then chose to just finish the chapter on hard to close it out and got the rest of the manuscripts to max out my weapons. Still not sure how I am going to alter my setup to take that challenge on. 

I also don’t know how good I’ll be switching back to the original characters to try that fight, because it’s been over a year since I played with them. 

3 hours ago, SinceByDarren said:

This one seems wild that someone played this much to grind up their materia to these levels (it’s shared at the end)

My materia are maxed out too -- it doesn't take long at all. My gameplay clock is at 7.5 hours. Just replay the first combat simulator challenge over and over -- if you cast wind gust or whatever, you can kill each of the 3 groups of enemies instantly, and you get about 80 AP each run (240 AP for an HP+ materia if you socket it into the armor that triples AP gain). You can get close to 5000 AP per hour this way (not including doubling/tripling).

Edit: However, the Pride and Joy boss gauntlet is still brutal, even maxed out. Has anyone been able to replicate the video posted above, or have ideas for materia/equipment configurations? They seem to be abusing Brumal Form to avoid taking damage, but I tried a couple times and can't get anything like that to work.

Edited by NathanielJohn

On 12/06/2021 at 1:18 AM, NathanielJohn said:

My materia are maxed out too -- it doesn't take long at all. My gameplay clock is at 7.5 hours. Just replay the first combat simulator challenge over and over -- if you cast wind gust or whatever, you can kill each of the 3 groups of enemies instantly, and you get about 80 AP each run (240 AP for an HP+ materia if you socket it into the armor that triples AP gain). You can get close to 5000 AP per hour this way (not including doubling/tripling).

Edit: However, the Pride and Joy boss gauntlet is still brutal, even maxed out. Has anyone been able to replicate the video posted above, or have ideas for materia/equipment configurations? They seem to be abusing Brumal Form to avoid taking damage, but I tried a couple times and can't get anything like that to work.

I've not started Hard Mode for the DLC yet so I've not got the stat boosts from the manuscripts. I've maxed out all the materia this person is using and seem to be avoiding getting hit as Yuffie with her dodge move but I can't for the life of me get Bahamut to be pressured on the ground in the same way.

I can get past Bahamut now, but now Ramuh just wipes the floor with me. I wish there was a second elemental material in the DLC. I can’t decide if I should use Elemental+Fire to help with Bahamut and Pride and Joy, or Elemental+Lightning to help with Ramuh and Pride and Joy.

Edit: Just got the trophy. I was playing way too conservatively before, trying to avoid damage. But all of these bosses absolutely wreck you if you leave them alive for too long.

The trick is to just wail on them via air combat instead. Have absolutely no regard for Yuffie's well-being -- just throw her right into the mix and have her close-combat wailing at each of the bosses' faces in the air. Stay synergized, and use Synergived Art of War whenever you can. Otherwise, don't use ATB charges except to use Curaga/Arise as needed. Got it on my first try with this "fuck it" strat.

Edited by NathanielJohn
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, JoeNDM said:

I've not started Hard Mode for the DLC yet so I've not got the stat boosts from the manuscripts. I've maxed out all the materia this person is using and seem to be avoiding getting hit as Yuffie with her dodge move but I can't for the life of me get Bahamut to be pressured on the ground in the same way.

Just did it last night after referring to the above video, my fight was imperfect to say the least. Having all that ATB assistance really helped when it came to pummeling bahamut with synergize basic attacks and synergized art of war. In my fight he managed to summon Ifrit and my Sonon died, but I was able to solo Ifrit without issues. Ironically, Ramuh was the easiest for me with just dodging his moves while hitting him with wind ninjitsu. The Pride and Joy would be a lot less annoying if you ran Elemental + Fire for armor. For my fight I ran Elemental and Wind for attack based on the video and did just fine without the fire absorb, but definitely something to consider. Honestly, comparing this fight to the Weiss fight, Weiss was way harder. Best of luck with both.

• Like 1

I managed to get it a few hours ago, and blitzed my way through Chapter 1 on Hard with the Gotts.

I abandoned the wind elemental for the fire elemental since I couldn't get Bahamut to be pressured like it is in that video and he'd always summon Ifrit. I found using Synergised Art of War as soon as the count appears it puts it into pressured, and I was able to build about 40% each time. Having fire elemental made that not a problem and was some nice free healing.

Ramuh I found easy once I understood the timing and found it personally easier to keep my distance and use synergy and wind ninjustu.

The elemental healing came in useful for Pride and Joy, and pelting it from afar with Sonon attacked and used Curaga on himself got it down quickly enough. Not the best strategy ever but pretty safe once you can comfortably deal with Bahamut.

• Like 2

It's cheap, but I stacked HP for Pride and Joy and just wore it down. You don't really need a special build to pass the first two fights outside of what's common sense. All the new fights besides Pride and Joy are heavy into DPS check style mechanics. You might have to tweak your build a bit for the second phase of the 17 fight (that's the trick to that fuck), but the game gives you the tools to beat all the new fights without specialized builds for the most part.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...