The Euros 2020 (2021) Thread

Glorious Fury

9 minutes ago, Smashero said:

"Bravo England"

Yea because they stand for everyone... So sick of people seeing a bunch of animals and thinking everyone is like that. You think every other country doesn't have scumbags like this? This is disgraceful, and i hope they get caught. 

Edited by GUDGER666
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Why that thing with the medals, England players..... why?1f625.png

Because second place is a "shame" :/ Shitty behavior...

Respect for Phillips and Henderson who stayed on the field and were supporting Italian team during their celebration. I think they were also only ones who actually kissed their medals and didn't remove them.

1 hour ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

Good they lost, now can everyone stop frothing about some overpaid dossers kicking a ball. They did nothing for the country during the pandemic just sat on their arse and collected their money. The yobs will vandalise everything as a result of the score now though. Cause that's all football is, fraud vandalism and violence. This is a gaming page, why does this crap need to be mentioned? 

Very weird take given what Rashford has done over the last year

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Why that image though lol, Milan was losing 5-0 and he's a huge Milan supporter xD

I just love Tiziano Crudelli because of... well you know :D 

Simply took the first picture of him that popped up. 

Imagine how he must be going crazy right now :D:D:D 

it was like the croatia match again.

1-0 early goal, good start, but again england faded, sat back and allowed italy to come at us. we should have kept going at them for a second goal to be secure enough to do that. and even when we did get the ball we didnt know what to do with it. we ran out of steam. italy's quality shone through (as it did with croatia 2018).

england faded away in the second half, it was painful to see. the england that beat germany, ukraine and denmark disappeared after half time here. it was like we went backwards in our play.

rashford penalty - the fuck was he doing running stopping then hitting!? just run up and blast the thing for goodness sake!

xaka for the last penalty - whose wise idea is that!?

england are damn lousy when it comes to penalties, they kick low. they dont go for the top corners or in the middle. if you kick low on the sides its easy reach for the keeper. its been like that as far as i remember.

we wont get a chance like this ever again.

world cup next year - no guarantee if itll be the same squad - players may go off form, injured or other players might shine through. and i highly doubt we'll be dodging big teams again as we did in russia and in some way this one - brazil have gotten better, france will be there, as will the dutch, belgians, italy might still be unbeaten (lol)...

i really wanna see england win SOMETHING in my lifetime and dont think itll be as close as it did tonight! sad.

Edited by rockstarjazz

Im happy for Italy. Here in Argentina the people has taken the streets to celebrate and it was a really good evening. Sometimes the sports are more than just entertainment, and people can truly celebrate for just a moment after a tough year. I hope the celebration was just the same in Italy, and England, well, we are VERY used to lose finals and im sure you'll come back stronger and win. See you in Qatar!

Edited by ValenTris7

20 minutes ago, rockstarjazz said:

it was like the croatia match again.

1-0 early goal, good start, but again england faded, sat back and allowed italy to come at us. we should have kept going at them for a second goal to be secure enough to do that. and even when we did get the ball we didnt know what to do with it. we ran out of steam. italy's quality shone through (as it did with croatia 2018).

england faded away in the second half, it was painful to see. the england that beat germany, ukraine and denmark disappeared after half time here. it was like we went backwards in our play.

rashford penalty - the fuck was he doing running stopping then hitting!? just run up and blast the thing for goodness sake!

xaka for the last penalty - whose wise idea is that!?

england are damn lousy when it comes to penalties, they kick low. they dont go for the top corners or in the middle. if you kick low on the sides its easy reach for the keeper. its been like that as far as i remember.

we wont get a chance like this ever again.

world cup next year - no guarantee if itll be the same squad - players may go off form, injured or other players might shine through. and i highly doubt we'll be dodging big teams again as we did in russia and in some way this one - brazil have gotten better, france will be there, as will the dutch, belgians, italy might still be unbeaten (lol)...

i really wanna see england win SOMETHING in my lifetime and dont think itll be as close as it did tonight! sad.

I am from Croatia and i felt same after the finals in Russia 2018. When will i see again in my lifetime moment like that? Never. There is far more chance for England to come to finals again. Some things happen once in a lifetime. It is not like hunting trophies, something you can always try tomorrow.

32 minutes ago, rockstarjazz said:

Rashford it the new Zaza from Euro 2016 at the end of Germany-Italy xDxDxD

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

Not going to lie, as a Welshman I'm happy with tonight's result. Not due to any British rivalry, not because I had a bet on Italy to win the tournament (ok, maybe a little) but because of the actions of English fans. I appreciate it is the minority that speak loudest but calling a crying German girl a Nazi c**t, booing the Danish national anthem and the many videos that have come out today (I'm sure there are many more to come) are an absolute disgrace. Yes, every country has its fair share of knuckle heads but Jesus after the year we've all had, and the Eriksen incident for a bit of perspective, is it really that hard to show a bit of class. I just feel sorry for the majority of decent English fans that are shown up tournament after tournament by the yobs who can't handle their drink/drugs.

Anyway, on the field. The better team won. England were far too negative during the tournament as a whole, despite having the best attacking line depth in world football IMO. No surprise then that they played 5-3-1-1. If anything scoring early hurt them as they then set out to try to defend their lead for 88 mins with no effective plan to counter attack. Ultimately penalties is a coinflip so on another night they could have got the job done but with better decision making Southgate could have got it done in 90 rather than inviting Italy into the game.

I feel sorry for the 3 that missed the penalties, ironically the players he brought on to win it. 3 incredibly talented players with bright futures. I hope the English press don't chastise them as they love to do and they recover quickly. The English team have an embarrassment of young riches and if managed correctly can be a big player in the international scene for years to come.

Congratulations Italy.

BTW - CBA quoting but whoever said Chiellini should be sent off for the pull on Saka obviously has no clue about football. Cynical foul - yes and stone wall yellow. But no way in a million years is a tactical foul 40+ yards out on the touchline a straight red.

• Like 3

On 11/06/2021 at 2:39 PM, Ashbo said:

I can't see past France tbh, but Italy have looked pretty solid too.

Kind.of semi predicted Italy would be the team to beat lol.

Congrats to them and have enjoyed watching them tbh, but losing on pens as typical as it is with England is utter shite! Best chance that squad may have for a long time to win it! Luckily but will be even more of a challenge, the WC is only 18 months away, so hopefully most of that current side should stay together and injury free hopefully.