The Euros 2020 (2021) Thread

Glorious Fury

12 minutes ago, roosta_141 said:

I see nothing controversial or provocative in my comment. 
This is a thread about the Euros, it’s a relevant point to make. 

Ok... Triggered:

No, it is not. What "Euros", games, championships, competition has to do with "problems" in US?

Not even to mention that sport shall be totally free from policy and any ways of public showing of personal "beliefs" .

Do you know that during Romanian empire even the wars were stopped during the time of Olympics?

And pls... Shhh... Do not answer. I have enough warnings ;).

But if you will, I can bet that this topic will not stay long (or at least "some" comments). 

Stay focus on the topic.

Edited by Smashero

Decent start to the tournament and Italy never really got out of 2nd gear. Some good goals from Immobile and Insigne and Turkey tbh looked knackered and well off the pace.

They'll have tougher games i'm sure (Italy), but typically looked steady and pretty solid. 

Fantastic effort from Andrea Bocelli singing 'Nessun Dorma' at the start gave me insta chills straight off the bat. Roll on tomorrow's games!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Ok... Triggered:

No, it is not. What "Euros", games, championships, competition has to do with "problems" in US?

Not even to mention that sport shall be totally free from policy and any ways of public showing of personal "beliefs" .

Do you know that during Romanian empire even the wars were stopped during the time of Olympics?

And pls... Shhh... Do not answer. I have enough warnings ;).

But if you will, I can bet that this topic will not stay long (or at least "some" comments). 

Stay focus on the topic.

How can you tell me to focus on the topic, when you have gone off on a complete tangent and started talking about the US ?

I made a point about England, and some off-field issues that may damage their performance in this tournament. 

I think you need to focus my dear. 

Anyway, you’re Polish right?

Are you worried your entire teams philosophy will be based around “give the ball to Lewa”?

Edited by roosta_141
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, roosta_141 said:

How can you tell me to focus on the topic, when you have gone off on a complete tangent and started talking about the US 1f604.png

I made a point about England, and some off-field issues that may damage their performance in this tournament. 

I think you need to focus my dear. 

Anyway, you’re Polish right?

Are you worried your entire teams philosophy will be based around “give the ball to Lewa”?

Regarding the Polish team, you are totally right, the whole strategy is "pass the ball to LewY, he will do a miracle with it", that's why,  as I mentioned earlier, I am not supporting them at all.

1 guy will not make a miracle with 10 wooden figures around him with no strategy and idea for a game.

As for the other part of your message, I find it irrelevant and will simply EOT here.
(OK, I have to: why I shouldn't mention US since all this ... let's call it... IDEA of kneeing came from there? Did it ever happened before?...

Anyway, EOT from my side, unfollow.

2 hours ago, Smashero said:

Regarding the Polish team, you are totally right, the whole strategy is "pass the ball to LewY, he will do a miracle with it", that's why,  as I mentioned earlier, I am not supporting them at all.

1 guy will not make a miracle with 10 wooden figures around him with no strategy and idea for a game.

Some of the other players may surprise you. Zielinski is a very good player, Szczency is a solid goalkeeper and Glik and Krychowiak have been very good players in the past, despite age and inconsistent form these players can sometimes have an excellent tournament. I think Poland could get through to the knockout stages if they play well!

• Like 1

I have money on Italy to win, and Lewandowski to get the golden boot. 

Surprises? I think Belgium to struggle. They start against Russia... in Russia, their second game against Denmark... in Denmark, and then they finish (Finish) against Finland all the way back in Russia. I think they’ll end 2nd or 3rd, but then go out in the first knock out stage...very tired from the travel. 

I also predict France to repeat the 2002 World Cup. Enter as faves and crash out in the groups. The 3rd place rule may save them though, but the first big team they face in the knockouts will take them. 

Spain to go far, Ronaldo not to score a goal. England to lose on pens in the 1/4s. 

Dark horses...Russia. Though, I’d love Ukraine to do well. 

On 11.06.2021 at 3:21 PM, Smashero said:

My national team - no comment :D.

"We" are laughing over "Polish Internet" that we are always playing three games:

1st - An opening game

2nd - An "all in-game" (last chance match)

3rd - Just last game to save some honour and go home

yeah, i feel this :D

I am from Croatia and cant wait tomorrow against England. Let the better win. As for predictions i think Italy is making good progress, as i saw yesterday against Turkey they were pretty dominating in all aspects, and that 3rd goal was very good teamwork. Italy can go far, so as France. One team especially that i like is Belgium. They could beat France in that semi finals 2018 if they had more luck.

Looks like he is recovering, has stable conditions and is breathing on his own.

I am an Inter Milan fan and when I heard what happened, I was shocked, I was literally going to cry, you never expect to hear such bad things all of a sudden. I knew Eriksen when he scored against Inter twice while playing for Tottenham, and since he joined my team back in 2020, he became one of my favourite players. I also share the name Christian with him, so I always felt some sort of affection for him :) And his late free kick goal against AC Milan in Coppa Italia is one of my favourite goals. He has been playing for Inter since just one year and was rarely a starter, but he is one of the most loved players by Inter fans.

I doubt he will ever play football again should he fully recover, but I am so glad that he is okay for now. Praying for him. ??

• Like 1

Incredible couple of hours in football! 

Such a surreal thing to witness Eriksen stumbling and looking vacant on the floor, to CPR, tears, doubt and everything else that naturally comes and is felt in a situation like that, to then watching it being continued at the players wishes.

Football when it unites is remarkable!

Fingers crossed he makes a full and fast recovery and great to hear he's alive and stable. Amazing really. There are genuine superheroes in the world.

The only thing I'd say is that showing the CPR and the whole 10mins after he collapsed unveil I think wasnt necessary given how quick they are to take the cameras off when a steaker appears. Just didnt sit right with me tbh.

Edited by Ashbo
  • Like 2

Sorry but, the cameraman was a total jerk, you cant record a unconscious person in the floor during 10 minutes, knowing there is a lot of people watching the match. It was a disrespectful behaviour on part of the cameraman and the broadcast. Wishing the best to Eriksen and his family

• Like 1

Glad to see Eriksen is stable. He has sent greetings to his team mates which is a good sign. Massive credit to the medics, players, refs and fans who did a fantastic job with dealing with the situation. Kjaer and Schmeichel in particular from the players side!  

Edited by GloriousFury9414

Here in Italy Schick is laughed at due to his poor time with Roma and because he was bought by Juventus, but he didn't pass the medical tests and so the deal wasn't made. This goal broke the internet here. ?

Amazing goal through.

On 11.6.2021 at 3:33 PM, StanKicka said:

I’m from France, so I hope we will win this year after 2016. We have all our chances, our group is solid, with the return of Benzema in add, we can do something. I can’t wait to see Benzema, Mbappe and Griezmann together in a tournament !

You won 98 the World cup 2000 and 2018 again World Cup and now 2020 Euro