The Euros 2020 (2021) Thread

Glorious Fury

14 minutes ago, rockstarjazz said:

hard work tonight. i am unsure about the final - italy and england will go at it against each other. they play quite similar. but quality always wins out at the end - and unfortunately i think italy just might have that bit more in the final. i love to see england win something in my lifetime, and hope they do it on sunday (if not just to piss off the haters here lol).

penalty, no penalty - refs decision is final at the end. could say the same about lampards goal in 2010!

interestingly, england have only beaten italy ONCE in a competitive match, EVER. and that was back in 1977! since then, in euros or world cups, italy have always beaten us. hope home advantage will help us abit.

Back then there was no goal line technology nor V.A.R 

But it definitely was unfair.

I get why why people are so upset, Denmark path to the final was reminishing of a fairy tale with Eriksson heart issue on the very first game, and ending on such note with a very iffy penalty will definitely sour lot of people, not adding the fact they play at home most of the games and the coming home memes which can be rather annoying for non Englsih people

However as a neutral I feel England will put much more a fight than Denmark would against Italy, I'm sure it will be a cracking game regardless of the result.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SecondGenesis said:

Ha, you were saying? Blatant dive against Denmark

If you mean the sterling one did you not see their player body check him. Var seemed ok to give it.

Yes it was generous but after the bad luck we have had over the years i think we deserve it. 

Certainly not a dive tho and you cant compare it to the cheating italians. Immobile was shocking the other night

Edited by dannyswfc9

45 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

If you mean the sterling one did you not see their player body check him. Var seemed ok to give it.

Yes it was generous but after the bad luck we have had over the years i think we deserve it. 

Certainly not a dive tho and you cant compare it to the cheating italians. Immobile was shocking the other night

He should have been booked for it. 

But Belgium got a soft penalty also

Home is sure. It will be at Wembley lol

10 hours ago, rockstarjazz said:

italy 33 matches unbeaten.

its longer than the undertaker's streak!

will they meet their brock lesnar on sunday in england? lol

if brock lesnar is the referee, for sure

1 hour ago, sephiroth4424 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw5iDDaZjxE

Check 3:25

https://youtu.be/xjCsC5MSzcU

Check 1:15

A disgrace to football, so glad he lost CL from Chelsea as well

Go Italy

Im sorry pal. My mistake. I thought this was a euros thread. Im a sheffield wednesday fan. Im not bothered about sterling playing for man city 

1 hour ago, willmill97 said:

Lads, I think it's coming home. 

Imagine leaving europe, then popping back in to win their football tournament #epic ??????????????