Decent budget game & Survive 10 days w/o meat or water

NMErickson

It’s a bit rough around the edges and could have used some more polish and optimization but if you like open world survival games there’s fun to be had with Open Country.

For the no meat/no water for 10 days trophies, I played a lot last night and figured out a method to live off only blueberries for the first 10 days. I think it would work indefinitely, tbh. Plants/food/resources respawn at the start (early morning) of every day so there’s a constant supply. Anyways, there’s a loop from the RV and around the ridges near the bog you can take to pick about 30 blueberries each day. There’s more than that but you don’t need more than 30. You have to be pretty fast gathering them because the berries will lose freshness and you don’t want to eat them if they’re less than 80% freshness. Just run and don’t sprint all the time though because the thirst meter drains much quicker sprinting. Once you know the route you’ll get enough berries to sleep through most of the days. It basically goes pick, eat, sleep half a day, eat, sleep half a day, repeat. I marked the map of the locations and it should take about 45 minutes to get both trophies. There’s not a lot of people playing this right now but if anyone is interested in knocking out the survive 10 days without meat or water trophies right at the beginning so you don’t have to worry about them later, I can explain it more if needed.

Oddly the no meat trophy popped after 5 days and the no water popped after the 6th day. I don’t know if it’s glitched for the better or if it counted a previous game I started before starting over.

Edited by NMErickson
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Nerkey said:

Thanks for the tips its hard for me. Do you know where I can find the "challenge mode" ? (sorry bad english)

No I haven’t made it that far in, sorry. I think it’s related to the shooting range that’s a lot further along in the story mode. I didn’t see it as playable mode in co-op or Versus menus.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 6/11/2021 at 5:19 PM, NMErickson said:

It’s a bit rough around the edges and could have used some more polish and optimization but if you like open world survival games there’s fun to be had with Open Country.

For the no meat/no water for 10 days trophies, I played a lot last night and figured out a method to live off only blueberries for the first 10 days. I think it would work indefinitely, tbh. Plants/food/resources respawn at the start (early morning) of every day so there’s a constant supply. Anyways, there’s a loop from the RV and around the ridges near the bog you can take to pick about 30 blueberries each day. There’s more than that but you don’t need more than 30. You have to be pretty fast gathering them because the berries will lose freshness and you don’t want to eat them if they’re less than 80% freshness. Just run and don’t sprint all the time though because the thirst meter drains much quicker sprinting. Once you know the route you’ll get enough berries to sleep through most of the days. It basically goes pick, eat, sleep half a day, eat, sleep half a day, repeat. I marked the map of the locations and it should take about 45 minutes to get both trophies. There’s not a lot of people playing this right now but if anyone is interested in knocking out the survive 10 days without meat or water trophies right at the beginning so you don’t have to worry about them later, I can explain it more if needed.

Oddly the no meat trophy popped after 5 days and the no water popped after the 6th day. I don’t know if it’s glitched for the better or if it counted a previous game I started before starting over.

Would you send me photos of your maps with all locations please.  Send me on what's app 

+923323367153 

Edited by Stevieboy

1 hour ago, NMErickson said:

I can send you a screenshot with map and markers for the berries via PSN message if you want. I don’t have WhatsApp.

1 hour ago, NMErickson said:

I can send you a screenshot with map and markers for the berries via PSN message if you want. I don’t have WhatsApp.

Add me on psn . I sent you request