PS5 Platinum Autopop

16 minutes ago, BumpkinPumpkin said:

Hello everyone,

Quick questions and I’m sorry if it has been answered. Does the PS5 platinum autopop of you transfer your PS4 save over? 

Yes, just make sure to log into the PS4 version of the game and upload your save.

On 6/13/2021 at 8:15 PM, THX-1138-4EB said:

What if you used temporary saves to pick up some misc. trophies, then went back to your main save? So you did not earn all the trophies on a single save but you have the platinum, will it auto-pop?

I would just make sure you upload whatever save file has the greatest amount of time listed under it. I def used some random saves to get certain things, but when I uploaded my ~61 hour file after platting it, they all popped again for the PS5 version. You can also upload multiple save slot files but it is somewhat a pain bc you have to fire up the PS4 version, upload one save slot file, then close and open up the PS5 version to grab just that one most recently uploaded file, then repeat for every save file you have. So if uploading your longest file doesn't work, try grabbing your other save files as well.

5 hours ago, YokA_sun said:

Does anyone know if the save uploaded can be recognized by ps5 version from a different region?

No it has to be the same region of the ps4 version you upload save data for. So for example if you have uploaded save data for the PS4 US version it would only work for the PS5 US version. The save transfer won't work if you have the PS5 EU version of the game and have uploaded save data from the PS4 US version.

Hopefully that clears things up for those wondering.

On 6/17/2021 at 2:38 PM, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

No it has to be the same region of the ps4 version you upload save data for. So for example if you have uploaded save data for the PS4 US version it would only work for the PS5 US version. The save transfer won't work if you have the PS5 EU version of the game and have uploaded save data from the PS4 US version.

Hopefully that clears things up for those wondering.

That makes sense. I asked because I saw someone autopoped two regions wihin a day. I doubt that this player played both ps4 ff7 on two regions (there is no reason doing so). But well maybe s/he did.

On 19/06/2021 at 2:13 PM, YokA_sun said:

That makes sense. I asked because I saw someone autopoped two regions wihin a day. I doubt that this player played both ps4 ff7 on two regions (there is no reason doing so). But well maybe s/he did.

In another thread someone said it is possible but you have to play the PS4 version of that region stack first. They said it doesn't matter how far into the game your save file is could be 30 minutes into the game, as long as you upload the save data all your trophies will autopop on the PS5 version once you have downloaded the save data.

Apparently it's linked to your PS4 trophies of the game as long as you do the upload/download save file your trophies will autopop. It sounds really odd but i'll have to see for myself, only issue is buying the PS4 version of that region then having the trouble of getting the PS5 upgrade and the Yuffie dlc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

In another thread someone said it is possible but you have to play the PS4 version of that region stack first. They said it doesn't matter how far into the game your save file is could be 30 minutes into the game, as long as you upload the save data all your trophies will autopop on the PS5 version once you have downloaded the save data.

Apparently it's linked to your PS4 trophies of the game as long as you do the upload/download save file your trophies will autopop. It sounds really odd but i'll have to see for myself, only issue is buying the PS4 version of that region then having the trouble of getting the PS5 upgrade and the Yuffie dlc.

Let us know if it works. Meanwhile I just found out that I did not upload my FF7R 100% save onto cloud before deleting the game last year!! oh well there goes my 4 autopop platinums... 

7 hours ago, YokA_sun said:

Let us know if it works. Meanwhile I just found out that I did not upload my FF7R 100% save onto cloud before deleting the game last year!! oh well there goes my 4 autopop platinums... 

Ahh damn that sucks and yeah it 100% works I'm the guy from the other thread who explained how it works U can also check my profile as well so far have 2 autopped ones and I can make a video of me doing it from more proof of U want when I start the next stack after I finish 100% on the na one

12 hours ago, YokA_sun said:

This sucks, don't let it put you off doing the game again. I'm enjoying my 3rd run through the game, I platinum'ed the game twice last year on my main account and a secondary account. I just beat Pride and Joy prototype all i've got left is the hard mode run on the main game which isn't too bad.

In all fairness you need to have a strong team for the Weiss battle which has to be done in the main game anyway, it's all good autopopping trophies but you still need to beat the main game and grind for the Weiss battle. Even though it does save alot of time you don't have to put much effort into the main game.

Edited by Am4z1n9_AZ

Does anyone know if it works the other way around as well? I'm playing FF7:Remake for the first time on my PS5, and wouldn't mind transferring the save over to PS4 once I'm done. (I'm playing with the PS4 Physical upgraded to PS5, so I can easily switch between both versions).

Edited by JIMMOTHYY

22 minutes ago, JIMMOTHYY said:

Does anyone know if it works the other way around as well? I'm playing FF7:Remake for the first time on my PS5, and wouldn't mind transferring the save over to PS4 once I'm done. (I'm playing with the PS4 Physical upgraded to PS5, so I can easily switch between both versions).

As stated above, no it's not possible to transfer from PS5 to PS4.

On 6/21/2021 at 5:41 AM, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

This sucks, don't let it put you off doing the game again. I'm enjoying my 3rd run through the game, I platinum'ed the game twice last year on my main account and a secondary account. I just beat Pride and Joy prototype all i've got left is the hard mode run on the main game which isn't too bad.

On 6/21/2021 at 1:05 AM, LuckySIime said:

Ahh damn that sucks and yeah it 100% works I'm the guy from the other thread who explained how it works U can also check my profile as well so far have 2 autopped ones and I can make a video of me doing it from more proof of U want when I start the next stack after I finish 100% on the na one

I can verify that you do not need to upload a complete save (platinum save) to autopop all the trophies. Since I lost my original saves, I just created a new game on PS4 and uploaded the first save and downloaded it on PS5 version. Voila! all trophies autopopped. 

This also confirms what you all said earlier, the game does not use the save file to retrieve trophy information. It access your PSN account trophies directly and autopop the PS5 ones. Downloading a save only triggers such action.  That's new, I did not know they can do that.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have an odd question. If there is indeed a menu option to upload your PS4 save, I wonder... is it possible to play the PS5 version, earning trophies normally, then later go back to the main menu, upload a save and autopop the rest?

I ask because I kinda want to play through the game again, but I don't want to sink like, another 70-100 hours into it. I'd prefer to just beat the game once for fun, do some of the miscellaneous trophies, but then use autopop to get like, the dresses, Enemy Skills, Hard Mode, etc.

It would be weird for sure, but is it possible?

12 minutes ago, Veritas7Ax said:

I have an odd question. If there is indeed a menu option to upload your PS4 save, I wonder... is it possible to play the PS5 version, earning trophies normally, then later go back to the main menu, upload a save and autopop the rest?

I ask because I kinda want to play through the game again, but I don't want to sink like, another 70-100 hours into it. I'd prefer to just beat the game once for fun, do some of the miscellaneous trophies, but then use autopop to get like, the dresses, Enemy Skills, Hard Mode, etc.

I believe that this would be possible - it would just overwrite your PS5 save, or you could delete all PS5 saves afterwards, just to make sure there was no conflict of data - though really, you could achieve the same thing by just auto popping everything, then playing through the game for fun afterwards :dunno:

22 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I believe that this would be possible - it would just overwrite your PS5 save, or you could delete all PS5 saves afterwards, just to make sure there was no conflict of data - though really, you could achieve the same thing by just auto popping everything, then playing through the game for fun afterwards :dunno:

That's true, although I guess I'm kinda using the trophies (at least the story and a few others) as a little added motivation to play through again. Otherwise there's a chance I don't play again until before Pt. 2 comes out ?

23 hours ago, Veritas7Ax said:

If you try this, please let me know how if it worked out for you, because I would like to do something similar.

• 4 months later...
On 7/2/2021 at 2:48 AM, Veritas7Ax said:

I'm in this sinkhole... perhaps I have a way out but i havent tried my theory yet.. On PS5 you can download PS4 versions of the game, maybe my cloud save on PS+ has a file from FF7R from back then. I plat'd back when it came out a long time ago, before there even was a PS5. Started a new file and got to ch 4 with the bike fight but.. wont revisit til part two gets closer or until I test my theory.. if I have a save file I can just download it from the cloud and transfer the saves that way but Im not sure that I have a file so I may be doing it from the new point.. Just kinda burnt with it tbh.. looking forward to part two but even closer in my sights is elden ring.. 

On the ps4 version, just on getting the plat and afterwards playing for fun (getting all three unique scenes in front of aeriths house, etc.) and I racked up just over 100 hours..

On the ps5 I CBA atm.. Any spare RPG time goes into Legend of Mana for the moment..