World War Z Aftermath - Official Trailer

SiC

Is this an expansion? It looks the same as WWZ, but with a few different melee animations and a shield (new class?).

EDIT:

World War Z: Aftermath includes everything from the World War Z: Game of the Year Edition, but adds new characters, a new melee system, new undead creatures, and a new first-person mode.

Edited by Helyx
  • Like 1

Quoting IGN here:

"World War Z: Aftermath will launch later this year for $39.99 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, and will be backwards compatible for PS5 and Xbox Series X|S with 4k/60FPS support. Owners of the original release of World War Z can upgrade to Aftermath for $19.99. A deluxe edition, including a bonus weapon pack, weapon skins, and four days early access will be available for $49.99 or $29.99 for existing World War Z owners. The fully upgraded PS5 and Xbox Series X|S versions of the game will be released in early 2022 and provided as a free upgrade for existing owners."

So it's an all-the-bells-and-whistles version for new owners and a second season pass for those that already own it. For $40, you're getting quite a bit of content as a new purchaser and given that this expansion provides more content than the first season pass did for the same price, it looks to be a good deal for previous owners.

Given that I enjoyed the game (aside from the multiplayer) I may give it a look. 

WWZ is one of my favorite PS4 games and I wasn’t expecting any more new content, so this is great news! I always thought the game should have some more co-op locations (or, at least, an arena mode, like Uncharted; I don’t like Horde mode much). Maybe, with this new content, I will do some more prestiges.

Hopefully, there will be some new trophies, but I am interested in this update, whether it has trophies or not.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Carol said:

with this new content, I will do some more prestiges.

Hopefully, there will be some new trophies, but I am interested in this update, whether it has trophies or not.

I don't think this is a DLC; it's seems like its going to be a stand-alone game from the original WWZ (with its own separate trophy list), even though it's the same game.  I wonder if the stats will transfer to this new title and/or the PS5 version. It'd be a shame to lose my online progression if it and prestiges if the game can't import the save from the original WWZ.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Helyx said:

I don't think this is a DLC; it's seems like its going to be a stand-alone game from the original WWZ (with its own separate trophy list), even though it's the same game.  I wonder if the stats will transfer to this new title and/or the PS5 version. It'd be a shame to lose my online progression if it and prestiges if the game can't import the save from the original WWZ.

Yes, that is pretty much the only important question! If my stats don't transfer I'll not even bother with Aftermath – especially since it looks 90% identical. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

New trailer: most notably it seems to include the original WWZ stages. I'm not sure yet if this is an expansion or a standalone with it's own trophy list.

If it's a whole new trophy list, I kinda hope I don't have to play the original five episodes again. I mean, I get it, fun game and all, but like... Re-grinding stages on Hitman 1 and 2 sucked all the fun out of it for me.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2021 at 5:28 PM, AgentSmiz said:

Quoting IGN here:

"World War Z: Aftermath will launch later this year for $39.99 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, and will be backwards compatible for PS5 and Xbox Series X|S with 4k/60FPS support. Owners of the original release of World War Z can upgrade to Aftermath for $19.99. A deluxe edition, including a bonus weapon pack, weapon skins, and four days early access will be available for $49.99 or $29.99 for existing World War Z owners. The fully upgraded PS5 and Xbox Series X|S versions of the game will be released in early 2022 and provided as a free upgrade for existing owners."

So it's an all-the-bells-and-whistles version for new owners and a second season pass for those that already own it. For $40, you're getting quite a bit of content as a new purchaser and given that this expansion provides more content than the first season pass did for the same price, it looks to be a good deal for previous owners.

Given that I enjoyed the game (aside from the multiplayer) I may give it a look. 

One thing I'm looking at now... Is you get a discounted upgrade price if you own the original. So for someone who doesn't own it (such as myself). Could technically buy the base game (non GoTY), which is on sale now for like 8$. Then get the upgrade for 20$ and shave off 1/4th of the price. In addition to the free PS5 upgrade of course.

Edited by Skurkitty
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, PoundofLife89-_- said:

You never know. Maby they ad some dlc trophies when the Game officially Release but i don't think so.

The Seasonpass which had the marseille episodes didn't have DLC trophies either, and new classes and weapons and even the survival mode came without trophies. I didn't expect any new trophies at all, i was just thinking about a new stack of the existing trophies, but yeah that will come with the ps5 version for sure.

Edited by westersburg

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, h4mx0r said:

I assume the new class and stuff means people starting from scratch just got the grind extended because they need to max out those perks too. (and if there's any new weapons?)

Yep, dronemaster and the newer weapons were also required when those were added. Also the rats right now are incredibly OP and broken right now, so the plat will be way tougher until the devs fix them

2 minutes ago, johamburgers said:

Aaghh, I was really hoping for a new, less fucky trophy list, but instead it sounds like they've made it worse. It's a real shame, I guess I'll wait and see if they throw it up on Ps Plus sometime down the line, and play it on a secondary account.

It's not a new game though, just an expansion to the base game

There are no new trophies, but I am definitely going to buy the upgrade at some point. It's such a great co-op game; the co-op levels are so good! I had the opportunity to play the Marseille levels, in a private lobby, with someone who owned it, and it was pretty good too, so I know I can trust that these other DLC levels won't disappoint either.

Edited by Carol

4 hours ago, Carol said:

There are no new trophies, but I am definitely going to buy the upgrade at some point. It's such a great co-op game; the co-op levels are so good! I had the opportunity to play the Marseille levels, in a private lobby, with someone who owned it, and it was pretty good too, so I know I can trust that these other DLC levels won't disappoint either.

Wasn't Marseille part of the GOTY DLC? not from Aftermath?