Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! announced for PS5, PS4 and Other Consoles

Well, it's going to be interesting to see how some of the, uh, "twists" will work on consoles. Mind you, they handled it pretty well with Undertale so I have faith this game will turn out decently as well. Definitely didn't expect this, and I'm very happy to see it getting a physical edition. I'll definitely be buying it.

• Like 2

Wait, how would this even work on console? Because of the way the games ending works I assumed we would never get a console port so this announcement is quite surprising. I guess I’ll buy the premium edition since it’s only $30. I already own the soundtrack on vinyl and digital so I’ll probably give the digital code away. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Goddammit, they're all sold out already :(

"We apologize for the inconvenience. The physical pre-orders on the Serenity Forge store will return again shortly. We greatly appreciate your support and please email our support team for any current order assistance."

Dunno if that means they're having technical difficulties, or if they have indeed sold out through their current estimated stock. Either way, it seems they should be up for sale again at some point.

I thankfully(?) already placed my order, hopefully that won't have any issues.

26 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

"We apologize for the inconvenience. The physical pre-orders on the Serenity Forge store will return again shortly. We greatly appreciate your support and please email our support team for any current order assistance."

Dunno if that means they're having technical difficulties, or if they have indeed sold out through their current estimated stock. Either way, it seems they should be up for sale again at some point.

I thankfully(?) already placed my order, hopefully that won't have any issues.

It also says "Will be back shortly" so I hope I can pick up a copy

4 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

I'm probably one of five weebs that hasn't played this game yet, so this could be good for me. Hopefully it doesn't end up with the trending "all golds, one plat" trophy list treatment.

Nah, don't worry, I'm also part of that group too. :P  Hopefully, it'll have a proper trophy list.

4 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

This is one of the few PC games I actually went out of my way to play in recent years. It's an awesome experience, more so if you go in blind (seriously, do this if you can). I'm pretty excited that I get to play this on console now, especially with that additional content. I love the look of that premium edition. I'll definitely be getting that.

Yeah, I've been holding on watching or reading anything online about this game for the last 4 years. I mean, I've heard is quite a unique, horror VN, and that it gets a ton of praise, but that's about it. I want to sink into it completely blind to see what's so great about it. ;) 

Really nice to see it landing on consoles so that others can experience it. I'll be looking forward to getting a digital version of this one later on. :D

• Like 2

Wonder how they're going to translate certain PC exclusive "features". 

Maybe a blue screen? 

Many bizarre trophy moments that could be implemented. 

Hopefully they won't half ass this port.

It would be amazing to have the platinum screenshot be a glitched "M" screenshot. 

I'm definitely playing this again, but I'm not paying anything above 10$. I mean, its a free PC game... 

If I ever buy DDLC plus, there's a good chance I'll get hooked into it again. Though I always wanted an RPG type of game for DDLC, I don't mind replaying this again, even with the new side stories. I mean, my steam account was sat at 174 hours of play time. We can all agree that Monika and Yuri are best girls though right?

1 hour ago, abhinandhan22 said:

According to their twitter, it will not be a limited run and their site will be back up soon for pre order. Really hope they dont charge an exorbitant amount for shipping. 

They charged me $8.49 international shipping, to the UK. Not too bad, but it did state it's DDU (delivery duty unpaid), so hopefully I don't get hit with more fees later (I weirdly haven't been charged for customs duty on anything since Brexit though, and I've imported quite a bit from Asia/Japan and the US these past few months, so fingers crossed).

1 hour ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

They charged me $8.49 international shipping, to the UK. Not too bad, but it did state it's DDU (delivery duty unpaid), so hopefully I don't get hit with more fees later (I weirdly haven't been charged for customs duty on anything since Brexit though, and I've imported quite a bit from Asia/Japan and the US these past few months, so fingers crossed).

Apparently there is going to be an EU release according to them on twitter so I think ill just wait till its on another site I use to get the EU copy since that site offers free shipping to Singapore. Shipping to Singapore from US and EU usually is pretty damn expensive

• Like 1