What does boosting a character lock you out of?

Simple question. Starting NY dlc seems a bit confusing with what it unlocks and what it doesn't. I'm level 30 world tier 1. If I started NY dlc now, what I am I locked out of on this character forever? Can I still finish the ny story and come back to DC to do the 8 player raids and other things? Can someone please clarify because this is confusing.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Nitro said:

I haven't started this, so I have a question. Does this mean, you need to finish the platinum before you move onto the DLC Story?

You don't have to do the whole platinum. You should definitely get the bounty from each safehouse trophy beforeso though. As long as you progress to World tier level 5 naturally then you won't be locked out of anything else if you decide to start NY DLC then. Just DON'T go to NY before you hit World tier 5 basically 

• Like 2

It's bonkers that this is a thing...for a Ubisoft open world game...

Bought the DLC on sale and was excited to go to a different area because Washington sucks butt - there's TOO much stuff to do all most of it doesn't matter. But nope, can't get to the fun part before you suffer through that dump of a content

This is so confusing.  Some people saying it doesn't lock you out, others saying it locks you out of most trophies.  Really wish there was a clear answer.  If you can go back to DC I'm not sure what Ubi would lock you out.

I'm stuck at level 30 trying to work out what missions, trophies, etc I need to do.  And I can't go to level 40 or end game.  It would be great just to go to level 40 and tick off side missions, trophies etc in downtime from grinding. 

38 minutes ago, CoachCK said:

This is so confusing.  Some people saying it doesn't lock you out, others saying it locks you out of most trophies.  Really wish there was a clear answer.  If you can go back to DC I'm not sure what Ubi would lock you out.

I'm stuck at level 30 trying to work out what missions, trophies, etc I need to do.  And I can't go to level 40 or end game.  It would be great just to go to level 40 and tick off side missions, trophies etc in downtime from grinding. 

You can go to NY before finishing the plat, you just can't boost there before finishing the plat. Get to world tier 5, then you're golden.

• 2 years later...

I did the level 30 boost for the character I'm using and I tried to replay a mission. The trophy didn't pop after completing the mission.This sucks. It shouldn't matter if I'm on World Tier 5 / Warlords of NY content. It should unlock.

Now I'll have to start over with a new character just to get trophies to unlock correctly.

• 4 weeks later...

So if you boost your character to level 30 you will get locked out of the Big Game Hunter trophy , i know cause i did the something not knowing that i would have to make a new agent just to get it . Ubisoft also warns you in the game about you using the boost and that it will lock you out of a trophy. So what you should do it play your agent till you get the main game trophies then go to NY for the warlords expansion

I recommend against boosting I've seen people have issues with things like bounties and Hard As Nails. Also if you care about the content of the game, all of the side missions in the main game are permanently no longer available as soon as you go to NY. I recommend beating the main campaign, then do the World Tier 1 -5 which takes < 5 hrs. After that just go down the list of DLCs until you get to NY. Make sure you pay attention to the Exotic weapon trophy as you go, don't save it until the end of everything because then it will add on more grind. Do the side missions as you see fit. I will say doing main mission after main mission with no change of pace or doing anything for fun will make it feel extremely grindy.

Edited by taekwonbrando
  • Like 2