willmill97

What does boosting a character lock you out of?

11 posts in this topic

Simple question. Starting NY dlc seems a bit confusing with what it unlocks and what it doesn't. I'm level 30 world tier 1. If I started NY dlc now, what I am I locked out of on this character forever? Can I still finish the ny story and come back to DC to do the 8 player raids and other things? Can someone please clarify because this is confusing.

If anyone’s got some answers it would be greatly appreciated 

7 minutes ago, CoachCK said:

I need to know this too.  Did you find an answers?

Long answer short, just don't. If you do boost, then start again.

I haven't started this, so I have a question. Does this mean, you need to finish the platinum before you move onto the DLC Story?

2 minutes ago, Nitro said:

I haven't started this, so I have a question. Does this mean, you need to finish the platinum before you move onto the DLC Story?

You don't have to do the whole platinum. You should definitely get the bounty from each safehouse trophy beforeso though. As long as you progress to World tier level 5 naturally then you won't be locked out of anything else if you decide to start NY DLC then. Just DON'T go to NY before you hit World tier 5 basically 

What I did was...

Reach lv 30, change to N.Y. DLC. From them you want to reach world tier 5 ( finish DLC main story in the process) so you can came back to D.C. 

During the dlc Washington will be out of reach.

I can't think of anything it locks you out of, but you can't return to Washington until the story of the NY DLC is complete. Then you can go back and forth as you please. I don't think there's any missable trophies.

It's bonkers that this is a thing...for a Ubisoft open world game...

Bought the DLC on sale and was excited to go to a different area because Washington sucks butt - there's TOO much stuff to do all most of it doesn't matter. But nope, can't get to the fun part before you suffer through that dump of a content

This is so confusing.  Some people saying it doesn't lock you out, others saying it locks you out of most trophies.  Really wish there was a clear answer.  If you can go back to DC I'm not sure what Ubi would lock you out.

I'm stuck at level 30 trying to work out what missions, trophies, etc I need to do.  And I can't go to level 40 or end game.  It would be great just to go to level 40 and tick off side missions, trophies etc in downtime from grinding. 

38 minutes ago, CoachCK said:

This is so confusing.  Some people saying it doesn't lock you out, others saying it locks you out of most trophies.  Really wish there was a clear answer.  If you can go back to DC I'm not sure what Ubi would lock you out.

I'm stuck at level 30 trying to work out what missions, trophies, etc I need to do.  And I can't go to level 40 or end game.  It would be great just to go to level 40 and tick off side missions, trophies etc in downtime from grinding. 

You can go to NY before finishing the plat, you just can't boost there before finishing the plat. Get to world tier 5, then you're golden.