Jumping is terrible (Game is awesome)

So I played on this game back in 2018 and couldn't beat the first boss so I just deleted it and moved on, I've just re downloaded it 3 years later and beat him first try no problem (no idea why I struggled, must have had it on a harder difficulty) this is my first ever time playing on a god of war game and I'm enjoying it so far :) only annoying thing is I'm finding the jumping to be absolutely atrocious and it's annoying me, making simple jumps hard tbh

is this game known for bad jumping?

Edited by LukeTheGooner

23 minutes ago, LukeTheGooner said:

So I played on this game back in 2018 and couldn't beat the first boss so I just deleted it and moved on, I've just re downloaded it 3 years later and beat him first try no problem (no idea why I struggled, must have had it on a harder difficulty) this is my first ever time playing on a god of war game and I'm enjoying it so far :) only annoying thing is I'm finding the jumping to be absolutely atrocious and it's annoying me, making simple jumps hard tbh

is this game known for bad jumping?

Kratos is no prince of Persia so his jumping ability is not great   and if possible you should start from god of war 1 if u have a ps3 or a vita u can get the whole collection

Just now, Taliesin_2943 said:

Kratos is no prince of Persia so his jumping ability is not great   and if possible you should start from god of war 1 if u have a ps3 or a vita u can get the whole collection

might do but I'm going to see if I still enjoy it after I beat the game

Just now, maormaor13 said:

You know that in order to get the platinum you need to beat it on titan difficulty?

I see there is a glitch around that

5 minutes ago, LukeTheGooner said:

Really? Never heard about a workaround for titan mode, anyway playing this one on easy difficulty is just like punching a punching bag, it never hit you back.

Edited by maormaor13
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, LukeTheGooner said:

Just fyi god of war games the original ones atleast not the new Norse ones are not exactly easy and beating them all is in my opinion still something of an achievement especially the challenges in the first and second those are......controller smashing material for some

Just fyi god of war games the original ones atleast not the new Norse ones are not exactly easy and beating them all is in my opinion still something of an achievement especially the challenges in the first and second those are......controller smashing material for some

I've seen a platinum journey video on youtube of god of war and the hard challenges, was controller smashing for the guy tbh

1 minute ago, LukeTheGooner said:

unless I'm mistaken and it's for the difficulty below titan

Your not mistaken there's an immortality glitch aswell as glitches to max out and such

Just now, LukeTheGooner said:

I've seen a platinum journey video on youtube of god of war and the hard challenges, was controller smashing for the guy tbh

Lol yeah you gotta learn to be patient and learn the best attacks to deal with each enemy in the challenges if memory serves the Medusa enemies was where my worst moments where cause they stun lock and stone lock then crush you 

Your not mistaken there's an immortality glitch aswell as glitches to max out and such

Lol yeah you gotta learn to be patient and learn the best attacks to deal with each enemy in the challenges if memory serves the Medusa enemies was where my worst moments where cause they stun lock and stone lock then crush you 

does this game have challenges as well?

Chaos is the hardest difficulty in GoW3, Titan is the second hardest but it easily confused seeing as GoW2 had Titan as the hardest difficulty. 

I didn't use it either time I platinumed GoW3, but there is a trick/ glitch with the challenges where you get all weapons and max health and magic then can start a new game on Titan fully loaded. Your first trip to Hades you will have the gauntlets that break onyx and can thus pretty much skip straight to the end.

If you do this going from an easy playthrough to Titan in your first ever GoW good luck, Zues is very challenging and it will be a massive difficulty spike IMO. 

The series was a good challenge overall and I highly recommend playing through at least 1 and 2. I never struggled terribly with the challenges unlocked post game but they are hurdles for many.

• Like 1

God of War was never great at jumping. What it does excel in is the combat. The original God of War and the two sequels that followed have excellent combat. It was always fun to get into the heat of a battle just before an important event occurred.

25 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

Chaos is the hardest difficulty in GoW3, Titan is the second hardest but it easily confused seeing as GoW2 had Titan as the hardest difficulty. 

I didn't use it either time I platinumed GoW3, but there is a trick/ glitch with the challenges where you get all weapons and max health and magic then can start a new game on Titan fully loaded. Your first trip to Hades you will have the gauntlets that break onyx and can thus pretty much skip straight to the end.

If you do this going from an easy playthrough to Titan in your first ever GoW good luck, Zues is very challenging and it will be a massive difficulty spike IMO. 

The series was a good challenge overall and I highly recommend playing through at least 1 and 2. I never struggled terribly with the challenges unlocked post game but they are hurdles for many.

There's an immortality glitch that helps with the difficulty spike if they want to outright cheese the titan mode

GoW tends to have problems with jumping, sometimes it's due to camera angles, others due to not knowing if some jumps require a glide/boost ability. As for the Titan difficulty, I'm not ashamed to admit that I used the NG+ exploit to have the Cestus for the Judges Skip, so there's a good reason to do the first playthrough on normal to unlock everything and leave Titan for last.

I think the hardest part for me was the maze on Titan mode. There's a long section with lots of enemies and no checkpoints right towards the end of the maze. 

Personally, I think I had more fun playing it on Titan mode than Spartan mode despite the difficulty spike between the two modes.

Can't say I had too much trouble with the jumping... At least there is not a lot of platforming! ?

3 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

there is a trick/ glitch with the challenges where you get all weapons and max health and magic then can start a new game on Titan fully loaded. Your first trip to Hades you will have the gauntlets that break onyx and can thus pretty much skip straight to the end.

That's what I did. Skipped 85% of the game.

7 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

There's an immortality glitch that helps with the difficulty spike if they want to outright cheese the titan mode

Of course there is lol.

Well OP if you go this route to my knowledge there is no cheese methods for the other games. And if you get the reboot game the Valkyrie Queen is a witch with a capital B even on easy.

10 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

Of course there is lol.

Well OP if you go this route to my knowledge there is no cheese methods for the other games. And if you get the reboot game the Valkyrie Queen is a witch with a capital B even on easy.

Well there actually are afew cheeses in the other games but no out right god modes that I can remember. Like in part 1 u can jump out of water spin your blades fall back in water repeat to do some of the harder rooms cause enemies don't follow u haha