PS5 or Xbox Series X

vanessaking2

I have played on Xbox for 15 years and is predominantly my main console so for me Xbox will always take priority, but I play on both. Both offer me great experiences. In terms of single player story driven games, there's nothing on Xbox that compares to Playstation.

Edited by IAmAshCohen17
  • Like 2

jim ryan is murdering playstation. and MS don't really care about xbox, they just have to be seen to care. but MS are talking about transforming game pass into an app u can just activate on any android smart tv. MS have doubled down on their 3 games.. halo gears forza are all the best they could possibly be in the eyes of their fans. whereas sony have just ditched that idea.. they don't want to make their best games even better, they just want to release a flashy flurry of overpriced shit that took them the shortest time to make, smallest amount of cash to make for max profit.

grift apart is £70 thats 100 USD taking into account exchange rates. how the fuck is that shit worth that? i've had demos from PS that lasted longer.

This is a Playstation site so obviously people on here will say PS5. I used to have an Xbox360, then switched to PS4. I'm now reticent to leave PS as I have spent time building up mmy profile but I'm worried that Microsoft now have exclusives which are more inline with my tastes than Sony. MS buying up Bethesda is a big worry for me. PS have very few 'proper' western RPGs which is my favourite genre. I'll probably stick to Playstation personally, just because I have invested so much time and effort into it. 

Might be a genuine competition once Xbox gets some exclusives, but post-PS3 the only other advantage they had besides exclusive games disappeared - (the better controller), as the Duelshock 4 surpassed their offerings (finally) on that front.

Exclusive games wise, currently PS doesn’t have much, but MS has nothing.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Might be a genuine competition once Xbox gets some exclusives, but post-PS3 the only other advantage they had besides exclusive games disappeared - (the better controller), as the Duelshock 4 surpassed their offerings (finally) on that front.

Exclusive games wise, currently PS doesn’t have much, but MS has nothing.

Shame they pretty much gave up on japanese games post 2010 with the 360 and had barely anything on the xbox one. The early 360 with the mixture of western and japanese games was an absolute treat

• Like 1

I don't have a Series X yet; I opted for the Series S. Microsoft need to bring the big guns before I even consider getting a Series X any time soon, and even then I might just get one used from Cex at some point rather than give MS any more money. Xbox hasn't been good in about a decade and I do hope for the sake of the gaming industry that that changes. 

Meanwhile I am loving my PS5, zero regrets about buying one (didn't have to pay a scalper either, luckily, so that's a bonus!)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

Yeah, Sony are famous for releasing games that take 6 months to make with tiny budgets. Definitely not games that take years to make with budgets often above 100 million...

As far as Jim Ryan goes, PlayStation is more successful than it's ever been so... try to separate feelings from facts.

if it wasn't for the pandemic things would be much different.

you won't get long satisfying games from sony anymore. i imagine HFB will be a quarter of the size zero dawn was, just like miles morales was a quarter of the size spider man was, ratchet & clank is like 10 hrs long. returnal doesn't save your game because otherwise people would of had it dusted in 4 hours..

i've never been 6 months into a new console launch before and just not caring about future games. just as you start getting into one of theese games the credits roll. I hope to be proved wrong but i see no evidence of that anywhere.

6 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

you won't get long satisfying games from sony anymore. i imagine HFB will be a quarter of the size zero dawn was, just like miles morales was a quarter of the size spider man was, ratchet & clank is like 10 hrs long. returnal doesn't save your game because otherwise people would of had it dusted in 4 hours..

i've never been 6 months into a new console launch before and just not caring about future games. just as you start getting into one of theese games the credits roll. I hope to be proved wrong but i see no evidence of that anywhere.

Isn't Miles Morales pretty much what Infamous First Light was to Second Son?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

This is going to age so badly. It will be approximately the same size as Dawn or slightly longer. Miles was said from the start of development that it was going to be a relatively short experience and even compared it to something like Lost Legacy so I dont know why you expected more? The ratchet games have always been around this length so again thats a moot point. Haven't played Returnal but it would have been in Sony's interest to save your game because Roguelites/Roguelikes are niche offerings compared to the games the mainstream PS audience is used to(Game has not sold as well as other exclusives clearly). 

Edit: To answer OP, PS5 for me. I have waited to see reasons to buy the Xbox consoles and there are really none if you own a gaming laptop/pc which I do. I have a huge backlog as it is so gamepass is useless to me and I only sub when theres an exclusive out(Medium) and then cancel the following month. The only reason I might buy a Series X would be to play those exclusives on my TV. 

If i was younger and did not have money to buy games at launch, then Series X wins by a landslide. I cant imagine having gamepass when I was in secondary school for e.g. That would have been Insane. 

Edited by abhinandhan22
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, jim12345_-3694 said:

This site is psnprofiles.com, why the Xbox owners or who support Xbox will be here ? , I mean somebody who owns both the consoles can be, but that can be below 1 percent 

You'd be surprised at the amount of people that own multiple systems on here. That's why there's a sub for consoles and pc

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jim12345_-3694 said:

This site is psnprofiles.com, why the Xbox owners or who support Xbox will be here ? , I mean somebody who owns both the consoles can be, but that can be below 1 percent 

You’d be surprised - sometimes I feel like (as a Playstation-only guy) I’m actually the one in the minority - at least among the heavy-users of the site ?

There are a lot of serious gamers on here - and a lot of them are multi-console players

EDIT - d’oh - @SnowxSakura - you snuck in there before me ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2