What graphic settings?

Which Graphic setting?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these you prefer or fits the best for you?

• High resolution, No RT
    • Ray Tracing, lower resolution
    • Best settings but 30fps

Performance RT and its not even close. Usually when there's multiple options I barely can tell a difference. But 30fps feels so clunky with this game n particular and performance RT looks far better imo than performance non-RT

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

I left it at Fidelity, which is 30 fps but has the best graphics.

Do you really recommend the Performance RT one ?

I think you picked the right one to be honest for me 30 and 60 fps is not a big difference at all really! Honest looks the same ... But if they had 120 fps now we can talk! 

Just now, Titanomachy_75 said:

I think you picked the right one to be honest for me 30 and 60 fps is not a big difference at all really! Honest looks the same ... But if they had 120 fps now we can talk! 

I'll try the Performance RT setting, I didn't really feel bothered by the 30 fps, but sometimes you can really feel the difference when it's in 60 fps ^^

I agree. 60 fps is so much more fun to play, the different is massive. But I also prefer the resolution mode, I also see a big difference between higher resolution or lower with RT. And I don’t care about RT when I get overall better graphics without it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

For me 30 and 60 make no difference at all but hey thats me :)

I was just like you, can’t see the difference but when I started spider man and borderlands 3 and R&C i  tried 60/120 fps for a while then i switched back to 30 just to find out that there is a massive difference. It feels like the game is laggy and couldn’t play at 30 though i’ve been playing at 30 fps for years with no problem.

• Like 2

Performance RT all the way for me. To be honest I got so spoiled by 60 fps recently, that playing on 30 doesn't feel as smooth. 

Don't get me wrong, if you are used to 30fps and switch to 60 you might not feel a huge difference, but after you get used to 60 it's hard to go back.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MohandGamer7 said:

I was just like you, can’t see the difference but when I started spider man and borderlands 3 and R&C i  tried 60/120 fps for a while then i switched back to 30 just to find out that there is a massive difference. It feels like the game is laggy and couldn’t play at 30 though i’ve been playing at 30 fps for years with no problem.

I hear ya .. :) I played 30 and 60 and also 120 for me 30 to 60 is the same ... But as I stated that's just me I really cant see the difference at all I tried but its just the same to me .. But 120 is a massive I mean massive difference :) that's fast as butter! :) So, for me I always pick 4k 30 cause 30 and 60 no difference .. but when they start add on 120 its all day 120!!! 

Edited by Titanomachy_75

Both performance modes are hot garbage, they ruin the colour grading and the game looks really washed out, it doesn't make the game ugly but it does look so much worse by comparison. Fidelity is by far the best option, I stopped noticing it was 30FPS like ten minutes after switching from 60.

• Like 2

So I tried Performance RT and... wow, that's so much better. I tried going back to Fidelity after a couple of hours and I just couldn't... 60 fps FTW.

5 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

60FPS on a 4k 250hz screen. Motion blur off and HDR also disabled. Runs smooth like butter and looks amazing. Having so much fun with this game :D

why did you turn off HDR? Isn't it supposed to make the game look better?

Edited by bosstristan
  • Like 3

I think it's all subjective. Personally I'd play on what feels and looks best to you ? I'm playing on Performance RT and I don't mind the resolution hit. I really like the added bonus of the ray tracing. Best of both worlds.

Edited by Adema_CDS
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

The jump between 30 and 60 is much bigger and noticeable than 60 to 120. If you think 30fps feels the same as 60fps though, then you're having a laugh - the game is much more responsive and smoother than 30fps, especially in fast-action games like this.

The resolution difference isn't that much thanks to the method they use to upscale the image to 4k, making both modes 'look' very similar despite being twice as smooth at the lower resolution. 

Regarding 120fps, why? it's much harder to feel the difference between 60 and 120 than it is for 30 and 60, plus this game would have to drop visual effects and render at around 900-1080p to run at 120fps, which would result in a more rugged looking game. 

8 hours ago, Elliot said:

Both performance modes are hot garbage, they ruin the colour grading and the game looks really washed out, it doesn't make the game ugly but it does look so much worse by comparison. Fidelity is by far the best option, I stopped noticing it was 30FPS like ten minutes after switching from 60.

Go to the PS5 system settings and disable the 120hz mode in display. The game, for some stupid reason, enables 120fps mode when you go into performance (even though it caps at 60fps), which for most TVs will drop the resolution to 1080p without telling you. If you disable the 120fps mode, the game will output correctly at 60fps and the upscaled 4k resolution.

I have no idea why they've made the game do this, but it must be why Sony added the option to disable the mode via the system menu in the last firmware. 

• Like 4